PDA

View Full Version : Anybody has experience with buying traffic for developed website?

later777
24th December 2008, 06:34 PM
Any feedback or advice is very welcome:)

Rubber Duck
24th December 2008, 07:36 PM
My advice is beware of manufactured traffic. Not always easy to know the origins of traffic.

later777
24th December 2008, 08:35 PM
My advice is beware of manufactured traffic. Not always easy to know the origins of traffic.

This is my concern exactly. I am looking for a reliable traffic company but so far no luck...

yanni
24th December 2008, 09:51 PM
This is my concern exactly. I am looking for a reliable traffic company but so far no luck...
Try hardlinks on social networking sites related to your product. I will assume that you want the traffic for your upcoming sports site. I would check Brasilian so-net and sports sites and try to work advertising deals.

Some will even write ad-copy for your site disguised as a post. Avoid CPM ads.

Also, ad spots in sports e-zines can be very effective.

It's been a long time for me so I don't have any resources to share.

Other option. Lease or buy domains w/traffic specific to what you need.

Google or smaller ppc engines for cheap traffic.

bwhhisc
24th December 2008, 10:03 PM
Here is a "new" traffic arbitrage system for buying traffic via yahoo etc., then converting to CPA links and other forums of affiliate marketing and advertising. The guy selling is claims to make $50k net per day consistantly. :cool: I think it is against yahoo and google TOS to arbitrage traffic to PPC pages, but they get around this will affiate and CPA networks.

The 12 week course is being sold for $2k (they push this as a one time only offer this class will be sold, beginning in January). Lots of top guys in the CPA biz are behind this, and it probably will work for a small percentage who are dedicated enough. If anyone is interested in more info, I have more links etc. feel free to pm me. Interesting...but not sure this one is for me personally.

arbitrageconspiracy.com
arbitrageconspiracy.com/blog

Arbitrage- loose definition as it relates to internet traffic, marketing, cpa networks etc.
"The purchase of (in this case) internet traffic from one market for immediate resale on another market in order to
profit from the price discrepancy".

later777
24th December 2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks Yanni and RD for the tips.
Most of these "traffic companies" look like fakes to me but who knows...
I'll probably look for other ways.

yanni
24th December 2008, 11:08 PM
Some are fake, but most of them buy traffic from the same sources and resell. Of course they don't tellyou the sources.
Most of the ones selling cheap traffic are loading your site on an exit pop. Lotsa views but not many real customers.

Good luck with your search. If I stuble upon something I'll let you know.

domainguru
25th December 2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks Yanni and RD for the tips.
Most of these "traffic companies" look like fakes to me but who knows...
I'll probably look for other ways.

I wouldn't touch traffic companies with a barge-pole. Dodgy business all round. Look for other ways to get traffic, but in the end, it all comes down to the value you provide on your site. Make your site good enough and traffic generation becomes a breeze. Have a crap site and you will waste all the money you spend acquiring traffic.

mgrohan
25th December 2008, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't touch traffic companies with a barge-pole. Dodgy business all round. Look for other ways to get traffic, but in the end, it all comes down to the value you provide on your site. Make your site good enough and traffic generation becomes a breeze. Have a crap site and you will waste all the money you spend acquiring traffic.

I agree. Build a quality site and do some advertising with a bit of SEO for promotion. If your site is worthwhile you will get visits and repeat visits, and get worthwhile traffic that way.

Build your site up with meaningful content. If you have a good site you will eventually get the traffic. I would avoid sellers of traffic.

iwiinfotechfs
22nd October 2009, 04:39 AM
According to me, don’t go for buying traffic for developed website. No doubt that in starting it can help your website to achieve high rankings. But it is also said that buying traffic ends after some days. For successful internet marketing no other alternative is best as search engine optimization of site through white hat methods. For more information you can log onto: www. IWIinfotech.com :no:

domainguru
22nd October 2009, 06:02 AM
According to me, don’t go for buying traffic for developed website. No doubt that in starting it can help your website to achieve high rankings. But it is also said that buying traffic ends after some days. For successful internet marketing no other alternative is best as search engine optimization of site through white hat methods. For more information you can log onto: www.IWIinfotech.com :no:

You are a spammer. Go back to your cave.

alexd
22nd October 2009, 07:52 AM
One useful way of getting a nice one-off flow of traffic is through StumbleUpon. I haven't used it in a while now, but previously, when I would launch a new site, I'd stumble it, and within the first day or two, I would get a nice flow of visitors. Using StumbleUpon is free and the traffic is real people ( usually who are interested or have shown an interest in the topic of your site ).

Alex