PDA

View Full Version : Where is my recent post about FED system?

later777
31st December 2008, 09:40 PM
Was it deleted? What reason?

later777
31st December 2008, 09:49 PM
Let me put it this way for all of you. If I am unable to post because a moderator has a different political view, I don't need this forum. This is my last warning as I am fed up with political censorship here. I don't need this forum. This forum at this point is a bore. When idns become mainstream, which I believe they will soon, there will be many more. I am not going to accept political censorship. Restore my post or I am canceling my membership here.

tee1
31st December 2008, 10:02 PM
Is this it
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/20528-future.html

bwhhisc
1st January 2009, 05:37 AM
Both Bramiozo and I have been thru the VB logs and are not finding any strange deletions or manipulations of threads. The MODs here do not have access to the VB database or Admin areas of the forum and I do not believe you can tamper with this area of the VB even if you wanted to.

Contrary to allegations...it appears that there is no rogue MODs deleting threads or any blatent censorship going on here but feel free to state you opinion if you think this is happening to you at any time. Any and all deletions by MODs are now "soft deletes" where all forum Admins and MODs can visibly see anything that has been taken down and will take action if they see anything that does not seem fair or inappropriate.

Another note...the private messaging system here is genuinly private. No Admin can access, read, or retrieve any PMs in the V-Bulletin system.

alpha
1st January 2009, 08:42 AM
Let me put it this way for all of you. If I am unable to post because a moderator has a different political view, I don't need this forum. This is my last warning as I am fed up with political censorship here. I don't need this forum. This forum at this point is a bore. When idns become mainstream, which I believe they will soon, there will be many more. I am not going to accept political censorship. Restore my post or I am canceling my membership here.

wtf is with all the conspiracy theories..

Rubber Duck
1st January 2009, 09:09 AM
The problem is that his comments have been placed in a part of the forum that has no visible profile. Nobody can see it, and even he feels that it has just disappeared. This situation has arisen through deliberate policy and needs to be reformed. The credibility of the forum depends on this situation being resolved.

I do, however, tend to agree that on the whole there is no intention of censorship on the forum. However, poor implementation can create the same effect and have the same negative consequences.

alpha
1st January 2009, 09:11 AM
The problem is that his comments have been placed in a part of the forum that has no visible profile. Nobody can see it, and even he feels that it has just disappeared. This situation has arisen through deliberate policy and needs to be reformed. The credibility of the forum depends on this situation being resolved.

I do, however, tend to agree that on the whole there is no intention of censorship on the forum. However, poor implementation can create the same effect and have the same negative consequences.

the post isn't hidden, but for some reason postings in the PPE section are not showing up when you hit "new posts", but if you navigate straight to the sub forum itself, it's there. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.. but it's a bug not a conspiracy.. 2 very different things.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2009, 09:18 AM
the post isn't hidden, but for some reason postings in the PPE section are not showing up when you hit "new posts", but if you navigate straight to the sub forum itself, it's there. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.. but it's a bug not a conspiracy.. 2 very different things.

So it seems there is no real problem apart from having the human resources to get it sorted out. It seems we have a lot to look forward to in 2009. :D

later777
1st January 2009, 09:19 AM
wtf is with all the conspiracy theories..

I apologize, what is "wtf"?

Asiaplay
1st January 2009, 09:43 AM
I apologize, what is "wtf"?

"wtf" it is a slightly more direct way of saying "what the" heck or more simply "why!".
An abbreviation which works well for some as in full it uses a respelling of the French connection fashion brand "fcuk" (English slang is over-rated I guess) ;)

Ohh - and Happy New Year :) !!! - cheers, Asiaplay

bramiozo
1st January 2009, 01:27 PM
PPE should show up in the new posts section, can anyone confirm ?

I saw the settings were ok and I saw them under new posts so someone must have changed it.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2009, 01:40 PM
I am seeing it under New Posts.

PPE should show up in the new posts section, can anyone confirm ?

I saw the settings were ok and I saw them under new posts so someone must have changed it.