PDA

View Full Version : chose no aspartam New Year

later777
1st January 2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT-OKs09oaU
I wish conspiracy theories would be just that. Apparently there is a pattern one can not just dismiss. I think it's time to take sides and New Year will be a year of radical changes in everything. Happy New Year to all.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2009, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't buy a cheese sandwich off Monsanto.

This story has been around for a while but somehow they always manage to keep it out the the "Free Press" over there. Rumsfeld should be tried for crimes against humanity and we are not talking about Iraq.

later777
1st January 2009, 10:26 AM
True. It's appalling how americans eat. It's hard to ridicule poor people though for choosing to eat cheap food. And cheap it is: chicken on hormones, soda with aspartam or trackload of sugar in every cup, artificial "sweets"....
It's a pure horror what it does to people. But again, this is an extremist capitalist society. Anything goes if it brings profit.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2009, 11:12 AM
The biggest problem coming though is that half of them are on Statins to control congestion of their arteries, but because is done by blocking cholesterol synthesis, it also preventing normal production Co Enzyme Q10. Net effect is capitalism is going to cause an epidemic of heart failures, which its product is marketed to prevent. And then they rabbit on about food safety in China!

later777
1st January 2009, 11:35 AM
True. You should speak to my wife about nutrition, you'd be overwhelmed...:yes:
http://innerfoods.com
She is off to Bahamas to meat the next guru, this one is from India.
We can't change the way people feed their bodies. But we can do it right for ourselves. I kind of subscribe to the whole karma concept. What people do, is what they deserve.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2009, 11:59 AM
I think everyone should start by making their own bread. It literally takes minutes with a Breadmaker and you immediately know exactly what is going into your staple food. By doing this you can take a major step in eliminating salt, hydrogenated fat and other additives, as well as getting rid of over processed carbs, whilst making sure you are getting plenty of protein and replacing saturated fats with healthy oils. By introducing things like pumpkin seeds into the batch you can really improve your nutrition without resorting to supplements. Not that supplements are wrong if they achieve the right results. I am convinced if you hitting fifty and physically active you are good need plenty of these. Vitamins and Minerals are of course essential and you can easily deplete these with intense activity. Joints also start to become vulnerable, and it may make sense to supplement before you are crippled. Taking care of your arteries has to be high up on your priorities. Getting plenty of those essential oils and cutting out saturated fats is a must.

later777
1st January 2009, 12:09 PM
yes, if it only would be a goal of our f@cking governments...
I was appalled to find out that 90% of all money spent in US in medical care falls towards care for people in their last 6 months of life. That kind of make sense. First they feed you crap and then when you can't take it anymore, they make money off you by "caring". The medicine should focus on prevention but this is not profitable. What a dilemma.

Drewbert
2nd January 2009, 06:01 AM
I think everyone should start by making their own bread. It literally takes minutes with a Breadmaker and you immediately know exactly what is going into your staple food.

Sheesh. I should have thought of that sooner.

That's a great idea.

I'm already 100% aspartame free and try my best to make sure those around me are as well.

Rubber Duck
2nd January 2009, 04:41 PM
Well we bought one six months ago. We haven't bought a loaf of bread since and we both take sandwiches to work. I make 100% wholemeal, which is only really feasible with the addition of Gluten Powder (this is protein in flour), unless your satisfied with something that resembles a house brick. Happy to help out with any problems on this front. My favorites are a seeded batch with Apricots, and a Tomato, Garlic, Herb and Cheese bread. Once you get the basics right you can play around with the bits you throw in, as long as you adjust for the water. Made some banana bread the other day. I liked that! I am going to do one with Cranberries some when. Lenka doesn't like raisins and sultanas.