jose
10th January 2009, 05:49 AM
This time it's Pizza.com:

https://sedo.com/auction/history/p%A1zza.com/47670_es__

Rubber Duck
10th January 2009, 08:21 AM
This time it's Pizza.com:

https://sedo.com/auction/history/p%A1zza.com/47670_es__

Yep, they're right up there with Madoff.

bwhhisc
10th January 2009, 03:47 PM
What causes this to get so much serp. The second character is alike an upside down exclamation point (not visible that way on sedo with my browser). Seems to show up in SERP like a "period"- "."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22p%C2%A1zza%22

jose
10th January 2009, 06:45 PM
Results 1 - 10 of about 552,000,000 for "youtube¡com"..... hummmmm having ideas.....

Just registered ¡com... results 1 - 10 of about 22,920,000,000 for ++"¡com" lol

Sedo
27th January 2009, 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Although it does not look like an IDN name on the Auction History, we try and avoid confusion with IDN domains before buyers make offers by posting the IDN information on the make offer page so buyers know what their bidding for. For example:

http://www.sedo.co.uk/auction/auction_detail.php?language=e&auction_id=48394&tracked=&partnerid=

Best Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

domainguru
27th January 2009, 12:00 PM
The fact you get so many bidders on these useless names show you aren't trying hard enough.

Rubber Duck
27th January 2009, 01:09 PM
If you were serious you would be closely following the formulation of the new IDNA criteria for what is an acceptable name and what isn't. It is generally accepted that mixed script names in many instances can only have one purpose Fraud. Most of the names that appear at Sedo fall into this category.

And why is that the case? Well, it doesn't actually help very much that over 90% of legitimate name cannot be listed for sale. That alone skews the playing field very steeply in the fraudsters favor because few of you Clients have a clear understand of what an IDN actually is. You should be educating them to understand the most important market development in a decade. But how can you show them the way, when you are apparently totally clueless yourselves?

Hi Everyone,

Although it does not look like an IDN name on the Auction History, we try and avoid confusion with IDN domains before buyers make offers by posting the IDN information on the make offer page so buyers know what their bidding for. For example:

http://www.sedo.co.uk/auction/auction_detail.php?language=e&auction_id=48394&tracked=&partnerid=

Best Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

later777
27th January 2009, 01:52 PM
At least they are trying, RD... Better late than never... I remember calling GoDaddy two years ago- they were totally clueless then too.

Rubber Duck
27th January 2009, 04:07 PM
At least they are trying, RD... Better late than never... I remember calling GoDaddy two years ago- they were totally clueless then too.

They have turned up here before and talked endless bollocks.

I would reserve your credit for the moment when they actually achieve something tangible.

later777
27th January 2009, 04:35 PM
Not everybody is a visionary and this is a good thing:p
Right now they are just following the easy money, ppc...
Their reasoning is probably something like that: when idns are going to bring good ppc, we will shell out more money for system update. Only by then it will be too late but this is not our problem, really.
Anyway, as soon as I find a place with indexable parking pages (I see some attempts to create these) and some system for content, I'll find a day to move all my domains out.

Rubber Duck
27th January 2009, 04:48 PM
And you just want to hand over 50% to some outfit that only wants to follow the easy money? :eek:

Not everybody is a visionary and this is a good thing:p
Right now they are just following the easy money, ppc...
Their reasoning is probably something like that: when idns are going to bring good ppc, we will shell out more money for system update. Only by then it will be too late but this is not our problem, really.
Anyway, as soon as I find a place with indexable parking pages (I see some attempts to create these) and some system for content, I'll find a day to move all my domains out.

phio
27th January 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Best Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Hi John,

Thanks for commenting. If you have a question about a domain name that is an IDN and needs verification you can run it by this forum. Many here have an in-depth knowledge of IDNs and also the tools to verify the quality of the name. Then, based on the comments, you can make your own decision as to whether to continue or start the auction. Since most of us are on this forum several times through the day, you questions will be responded to fairly quickly.

As far as opening up different languages to auction and sale. Perhaps you could take them one at a time. For example, start with Russian. There is a very strong interest in Russian language domains now, and has been through 2008. We don't know what 2009 will bring, but it is becoming clear that all languages will follow a similar path like the Russian interest -- the timing is just unknown.

I realize that sometimes it is hard to convince management of changing their system, but in reality, they don't want to be left behind with this new opportunity.

later777
27th January 2009, 05:22 PM
And you just want to hand over 50% to some outfit that only wants to follow the easy money? :eek:
No, I don't. This is why I am trying to develop. Parking sucks big time (I am parking at Sedo). It's better to redirect domains to a commercial site to convert...

Rubber Duck
27th January 2009, 05:46 PM
Russian? They can't even do half of the European Latin Languages. Try Czech or Polish, Turkish or Hungarian!

Hi John,

Thanks for commenting. If you have a question about a domain name that is an IDN and needs verification you can run it by this forum. Many here have an in-depth knowledge of IDNs and also the tools to verify the quality of the name. Then, based on the comments, you can make your own decision as to whether to continue or start the auction. Since most of us are on this forum several times through the day, you questions will be responded to fairly quickly.

As far as opening up different languages to auction and sale. Perhaps you could take them one at a time. For example, start with Russian. There is a very strong interest in Russian language domains now, and has been through 2008. We don't know what 2009 will bring, but it is becoming clear that all languages will follow a similar path like the Russian interest -- the timing is just unknown.

I realize that sometimes it is hard to convince management of changing their system, but in reality, they don't want to be left behind with this new opportunity.