thanks,

moshe

Rubber Duck
16th December 2005, 12:57 PM
hi,

is it possible to register .tv idn ?

thanks,

moshe

Yes, it would appear that it is, since May 2000.

http://www.icann.org/announcements/idn-global-deployment-17nov05.pdf

Not sure where you would actually register them. Furthermore, I am not convinced that there would be much commercial rational to doing this either. Dot TV are expensive to register and to my knowledge are used primarily as an overflow to US registration requirements, where IDN have little or no releveance.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
16th December 2005, 02:19 PM
You can register them at idotz.net.

You may also register these other exts. in idn's  there.

.com .net .info .biz .org
.tv .cc .de .at .se
.pl .nu .ac .sh .io
.jp .cn .tw

I have found several idn's with overture and ext in the .tv.  But as Dave said I have been reserved in purchasing because of the price barrier.  Good Luck.

touchring
16th December 2005, 05:51 PM
.tv is really hyped up - greatdomains is helping with the hype.

IDNCowboy
1st January 2006, 11:47 PM
hi,

thanks,

moshe

Not sure where you would actually register them. Furthermore, I am not convinced that there would be much commercial rational to doing this either. Dot TV are expensive to register and to my knowledge are used primarily as an overflow to US registration requirements, where IDN have little or no releveance.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

From your posts on dnforum and here you never seem to make sense...
.tv an overflow from .com ?? lol what

There are a few tv stations in other countries using .tv... please do research before you make blatant assumptions.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2006, 11:58 PM
hi,

thanks,

moshe

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

From your posts on dnforum and here you never seem to make sense...
.tv an overflow from .com ?? lol what

There are a few tv stations in other countries using .tv... please do research before you make blatant assumptions.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry didn't mean to tread on anyones toes. If you are new here, we try to adopt a more co-operative and less confrontational style than might be apparent on other forums.

My assumption. perhaps somewhat misguidedly was that dot TV has been primarily registered in the US, to get keywords that are not available in more high profile extensions and was not necessarily limited to Televsion related topics. If you have some more detailed information on the development of the dot TV IDN market, then I am sure we would all be interested to learn more.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Olney
2nd January 2006, 01:21 AM
Hey Jeff,
The reality is a bunch of us are actually buying at stages.
Most of us own prime one word one, or even one character domains in Chinese & Japanese.
Dave owned a lot of these before I made the site.
Then I came along & refined how to find valuable basic category & easy to sell keyword domains.

So people here even stopped registering dot nets because it was like why pick up the silver when we still finding gold.

Most of us will phase into buying dot jp, dot cn, & even dot jp. It just the matter of the stage everyone is at.

Collectively we've probably bought out all the finance terms, insurance terms, cities & states in Japan & China, & adult terms.
So Dave's advice is only based on the fact that most of us can find really good dot com IDN domains & are buying in bulk because they are only $7 each, you have to be more confident about your purchase before buying a dot jp, cn, or tv

Me personally I'd invest in dot jp or dot cn before dot TV & it depends on the domain too.

sarcle
2nd January 2006, 01:27 AM
Word.

Don't have to much to add to your comment's guys except for the fact that this all can be very overwhelming to people new to idn's. Especially the ones scrambling to find good keyword domains only to realize that they are all gone and they missed initial rush.

Good luck to all the newcomers and if you find a keyword in .com don't hesitate. We are right on your butt. :)