PDA

View Full Version : New Sedo contact for IDNForums

Sedo
27th January 2009, 09:39 AM
Hi,

My name is John Jacobsen. In response to inquiries from various customers and users on this forum, I will be here to represent Sedo on IDNForums.

I look forward to helping you with any questions or comments you may have. I am also looking forward to the continuing emergence and development of the IDN domain business!

Best Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Miguel
27th January 2009, 10:29 AM
Welcome John!

bwhhisc
27th January 2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome John. We appreciate you coming over and to having the opportunity to get some input from members here about what we think is going to be a great wave of IDN interest. SEDO could be a great platform not only for sales but educating people about IDNs and providing information about the imminent idn.idn rollouts.

yanni
27th January 2009, 11:15 AM
Welcome, John.

Any sort term plans form Sedo to include non-Latin IDNs on its sales platform;

markits
27th January 2009, 12:08 PM
Welcome, John!

Rubber Duck
27th January 2009, 01:01 PM
John, we have been bashing our heads against a wall with Sedo for the last 5 years.

If Sedo is in the remotest bit serious about IDN, which frankly it just hasn't been until now, it must make its platform fully IDN compliant. Until it does Sedo will remain a laughing stock amongst IDNers, and both we and you will be wasting our time entering into discussion.

Frankly, Sedo owes everyone here a big apology.

rofsjan
27th January 2009, 07:56 PM
welcome, John. It is good to see a Sedo-representative on the forum.

It would be an improvement if Sedo would make
it possible to bring out an offer via
"for sale"-links on non latin IDN's, parked at Sedo.
now those links are broken and
the following error appears when clicking on such links:
"There were errors processing your request:
Invalid call
Please correct your input"

The latin IDNs are supported, unfortunately it is not the case for non latin IDNs.

Sedo
28th January 2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for the welcomes! I am quit happy to be part of this forum and get the opportunity to collect your comments, suggestions and questions.

If there is anything that you wish to share with me regarding Sedo and don't want to post detailed information on the forum than feel free to email me at John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com.

Best Regards,

John Jacobsen

Rubber Duck
28th January 2009, 11:21 AM
Correction:

Some Latins are supported. Mostly English from what I have seen.

Are you sure this is not just a BOT?

welcome, John. It is good to see a Sedo-representative on the forum.

Invalid call

The latin IDNs are supported, unfortunately it is not the case for non latin IDNs.

Sedo
28th January 2009, 11:23 AM
Invalid call

Hey Rofsjan,

I would like to bring this up with our tech team. Would you have any examples of domains that are doing this. You can email me at John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com if you do not wish to post the domains.

Best Regards,

John

Sedo
28th January 2009, 11:31 AM
John, we have been bashing our heads against a wall with Sedo for the last 5 years.

If Sedo is in the remotest bit serious about IDN, which frankly it just hasn't been until now, it must make its platform fully IDN compliant. Until it does Sedo will remain a laughing stock amongst IDNers, and both we and you will be wasting our time entering into discussion.

Hey RD,

We are seriously heading in the direction of IDN domain sales. We are currently limited with our IDN sales as we don't have the technical resources to support a proper transfer or sales listing. However, this will be different in the future! I will keep you updated with further developments.

Best Regards,

John

Sedo
28th January 2009, 11:36 AM
Any sort term plans form Sedo to include non-Latin IDNs on its sales platform;

Hey Yanni,

We are currently working on developing our IDN platform so that we can support sales and transfers of non-latin IDN domains. Unfortunately, we don't have a deadline for this right now but it is a high priority project and I will keep everyone here posted with any news about it.

Best Regards,

John

Miguel
28th January 2009, 12:38 PM
Q to SEDO:
I park a good ascii real estate name with SEDO. It gets 60+ clicks a day for $1 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 10c.

I park a good idn phone name with SEDO. It gets 30+ clicks a day for $0.50 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 2c.

What's going on?

jose
28th January 2009, 02:11 PM
Q to SEDO:
I park a good ascii real estate name with SEDO. It gets 60+ clicks a day for $1 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 10c.

I park a good idn phone name with SEDO. It gets 30+ clicks a day for $0.50 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 2c.

What's going on?

Read the last comment here:
http://domainnameparkingreview.com/sedo/

Rubber Duck
28th January 2009, 02:42 PM
Hey RD,

We are seriously heading in the direction of IDN domain sales. We are currently limited with our IDN sales as we don't have the technical resources to support a proper transfer or sales listing. However, this will be different in the future! I will keep you updated with further developments.

Best Regards,

John

Well last time I used Sedo you nearly turned a sale sour because you couldn't even Escrow a name I had sold myself. Worst of it was you diddled around for a couple of weeks in the middle of the transaction before admitting you weren't up to the job. It won't take much to improve on that performance.

I am afraid actions speak lounder than words. Show me some tangible progress and perhaps I start to listen.

jose
28th January 2009, 03:05 PM
Hey Yanni,

We are currently working on developing our IDN platform so that we can support sales and transfers of non-latin IDN domains. Unfortunately, we don't have a deadline for this right now but it is a high priority project and I will keep everyone here posted with any news about it.

Best Regards,

John

What puzzles me is the work you had to make it work with latin IDNs and NOT will all IDNs, that's a real hard to achieve tech stunt, if you ask me...

Drewbert
28th January 2009, 04:59 PM
What puzzles me is the work you had to make it work with latin IDNs and NOT will all IDNs, that's a real hard to achieve tech stunt, if you ask me...

Yeah. THAT is pretty bizarre.

mulligan
28th January 2009, 05:46 PM
Well we had a $50 auction script at DNlocal that could handle any unicode domain you threw at it from listings to payments ...

I mean, how hard is it to change the charset from iso-8859-1 to utf-8?
And while I appreciate it may not be as simple as that surely it isn't beyond the scope of all those Sedo tech guys (What exactly do they do anyway?)

Take a leaf out of Namedrive's book .. They came here and asked us what we wanted, we told them, they implemented the suggestions and now they have the majority of IDN parking.

Rubber Duck
28th January 2009, 06:56 PM
Thinking about it, Sedo have some serious bridge building to do.

I am still smarting from giving them technical assistance on this one and then being told I would not be eligible for Sedo Pro.

I was further kicked in the teeth when they tried to insist that I issue VAT invoices for buyers after they had withheld identities for 2 or 3 years. Needless to say they got told to shove that where the sun don't shine.

I think I still need to be convinced that we are talking about trading with a Bone Fide outfit.

bwhhisc
28th January 2009, 07:00 PM
Correction:
Some Latins are supported. Mostly English from what I have seen.
Are you sure this is not just a BOT?

John is a bonafide representative from SEDO, he and I corresponded by email prior to his joining. He is genuinely interested in getting input from members and seeing how IDNs might get integrated into SEDOs sales business.

Give the guy a break, he is here to gather information and perhaps funnel that up the line at SEDO. His help could be a nice boost in kickstarting IDNs as they get mainstream and more and more domainers and end users see them as the future for various local languages. SEDO would most likely be the best platform for sales into the future, especially with their diverse worldwide audience that has a track record of paying good prices for top quality domains.
So jeez....let's not shoot the messenger... :)

Rubber Duck
28th January 2009, 07:18 PM
John is a bonafide representative from SEDO, he and I corresponded by email prior to his joining. He is genuinely interested in getting input from members and seeing how IDNs might get integrated into SEDOs sales business.

Give the guy a break, he is here to gather information and perhaps funnel that up the line at SEDO. His help could be a nice boost in kickstarting IDNs as they get mainstream and more and more domainers and end users see them as the future for various local languages. They would be the top platform in the future, especially with their worldwide audience.

So we are still expected to try to sell the idea to them?

Wake me up when something happens.

Miguel
28th January 2009, 08:00 PM
Englisch ist vielleicht nicht die richtige Sprache hier :lol:

jose
28th January 2009, 08:18 PM

Yes, but let's make sure the messenger gets the message, our message, back.

There's one think only SEDO can give us: BUYERS! I have only a very small portion of my domains on SEDO and they are the only ones who receive sporadic offers.

rofsjan
28th January 2009, 09:51 PM
I would like to bring this up with our tech team. Would you have any examples of domains that are doing this.
You can email me at John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com if you do not wish to post the domains.

hi John, I was going to send you the same non-latin IDNs, that I used as
example in my message to Sedo support a couple of weeks ago.
But the "for sale"-links disappeared from those IDNs.

After that I parked two domain names at Sedo as test:
- one cyrillic IDN
- one domain name, containing only ascii characters.

I was able to put the ascii domain name for sale when adding the domain name to my Sedo account.
But I was not able to put the IDN for sale. There was the following informational message:
At present it is not possible to list this domain for sale on Sedo.
The domain contains characters which, although recognised by our domain parking program,
are not yet supported within our bidding system.

It would be usefull to add that support within the bidding system.

Wot
28th January 2009, 11:07 PM

The fact that John is here indicates that they are at least going to put some effort in to it.

Give them a chance, assist where we can and it can only be beneficial for both sides.

John- You are more than welcome.

Rubber Duck
29th January 2009, 04:24 AM
The fact that John is here indicates that they are at least going to put some effort in to it.

Give them a chance, assist where we can and it can only be beneficial for both sides.

John- You are more than welcome.

But we have been here before. Why is it different this time?

If Sedo were really committed we would have the likes of Tim here!

Wot
29th January 2009, 05:59 AM
But we have been here before. Why is it different this time?

If Sedo were really committed we would have the likes of Tim here!

More than welcome from most of us. :rolleyes:

Rubber Duck
29th January 2009, 06:41 AM
Far better for you to waste your time, than me to waste mine.:D

bwhhisc
29th January 2009, 09:50 AM
Far better for you to waste your time, than me to waste mine.

Seems Johns a fellow Brit...and who knows, perhaps here on a special mission. ;)
With the timing of idn.idn etc. seems a shame to miss any potential opportunity that might result.

Sedo
29th January 2009, 12:26 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for your postings and comments.

Maybe some of you have had bad experiences with Sedo before and I understand that, it happens. If there is anything I can help you with or you would like to discuss than let me know, you can also send me a PM or just email me.

Far better for you to waste your time, than me to waste mine.

I don't want to waste anyone's time but I find this a good and open forum so any questions or criticisms as to what you think than feel free...

Things are still in the early stages with the UTF8 project as we need to develop the resources to handle such a project but I will keep everyone updated with any news.

Best Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
29th January 2009, 01:32 PM
hi John, I was going to send you the same non-latin IDNs, that I used as
example in my message to Sedo support a couple of weeks ago.
But the "for sale"-links disappeared from those IDNs.

After that I parked two domain names at Sedo as test:
- one cyrillic IDN
- one domain name, containing only ascii characters.

I was able to put the ascii domain name for sale when adding the domain name to my Sedo account.
But I was not able to put the IDN for sale. There was the following informational message:

Hi Rofsjan,

It may be best if you send me your account information (username/email address) by email so I can look into it for you.

If it is an IDN domain It may be that we cannot yet support a proper listing or transfer of the domain. We are working on supporting more IDN domains in the future.

Best Regards,

John Jacobsen

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

markits
29th January 2009, 02:19 PM
John,

This is an open and very active forum. You are more than welcome to be here. In fact many members here are glad to see you here. I also believe that many are willing to offer all kind of helps or feedbacks for sedo to develop the idn platform.

Thanks also for taking your time to discuss issues with us.

clipper
30th January 2009, 04:20 AM
Welcome, John. Glad to see you here, even though I'm mostly at ND. Competition is a good thing.

Sedo
5th February 2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Everyone,

FYI

We have been informed that due to a security problem at one of our competitors a list of their customer data including plaintext passwords is currently circulating in the domain parking industry and in relevant hacker forums.

Due to the seriousness of this matter combined with the possibility that you might be using the same login data/password at more than one parking company, we strongly advise you to change your password at Sedo.

Sedo uses cryptographically unbreakable ciphertext for password checks and does not store your password in plaintext. This, and a variety of other security measures, ensures that your Sedo account is always safe from third parties.

We generally advise you to always use different login credentials for different sites and never hand out your login credentials to any third party.

Let me know if you have questions regarding this.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Rubber Duck
5th February 2009, 05:29 PM
Yep, and to put things in perspective, I still have ten times as much confidence in Namedrive as I do in Sedo.

Hey Everyone,

FYI

We have been informed that due to a security problem at one of our competitors a list of their customer data including plaintext passwords is currently circulating in the domain parking industry and in relevant hacker forums.

Due to the seriousness of this matter combined with the possibility that you might be using the same login data/password at more than one parking company, we strongly advise you to change your password at Sedo.

Sedo uses cryptographically unbreakable ciphertext for password checks and does not store your password in plaintext. This, and a variety of other security measures, ensures that your Sedo account is always safe from third parties.

We generally advise you to always use different login credentials for different sites and never hand out your login credentials to any third party.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

alpha
5th February 2009, 06:57 PM
have you ever considered RD that your constant jibes at Sedo, Rick S and whoever else is on your 2009 hate list - doesn't actually achieve a damn thing other than make you like a grouchy old git and drives a wedge even further in?

just an observation.

alexd
5th February 2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Everyone,

FYI

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

I would have prefered to have heard this from Aidan rather than Sedo. Its a shame that we haven't been properly informed about this so that we know exactly what happened.
Even the ND blog hasn't mentioned anything - if it were advisable for members to change their login details - surely it would be best to do this sooner rather than later ??

Just my thoughts.

Alex

Asiaplay
5th February 2009, 07:19 PM
Hi Alex,

A comment was made here (perhaps not as fast as it could have been though - not sure)... see http://www.idnforums.com/forums/21059-namedrive-hacked.html

Cheers - Asiaplay

alexd
5th February 2009, 07:37 PM
Cheers AsiaPlay

Not sure how I managed to miss that thread.
I guess I'll blame the new homepage, which keeps the non-sales threads hidden until I open them up.

Alex

bramiozo
5th February 2009, 07:45 PM
Turned it back on by default Alex...

Dave, the tabs thing is a thing of the future, something like :
discussion - sales - development - ?

The 5% minimum increment might be implemented, but it would be up to the users to notify us, actively enforcing is out of the question I think.

Rubber Duck
5th February 2009, 08:18 PM
have you ever considered RD that your constant jibes at Sedo, Rick S and whoever else is on your 2009 hate list - doesn't actually achieve a damn thing other than make you like a grouchy old git and drives a wedge even further in?

just an observation.

Just find it extremely irritating that this guy should attack Namedrive in this way on this forum after all the hard work these guys have put in for us. What has Sedo ever really done for us? What has this guy done but come up with promises? The same bloody promises they have let us down over time and time again.

Rather than selling out the only solid partner we have ever had in the monetization game, we should be asking some very searching question about what Sedo intends to do and when they intend to do it.

I have been the subject of some of Sedo's despicable business practices. If I sound pissed off. I have good cause. As I do with Moniker and Co.

Rubber Duck
5th February 2009, 08:23 PM
Well they emailed everyone. What more do you expect?

I would have prefered to have heard this from Aidan rather than Sedo. Its a shame that we haven't been properly informed about this so that we know exactly what happened.
Even the ND blog hasn't mentioned anything - if it were advisable for members to change their login details - surely it would be best to do this sooner rather than later ??

Just my thoughts.

Alex

Drewbert
5th February 2009, 09:01 PM

Alex

I think it would be fairly safe to assume that they expired everyone's passwords immediately. Once that is done, the time it takes you to get there to retrieve your new password is irrelevant.*

* Assuming the hackers haven't been in and changed your email address prior to the password being expired.

alexd
5th February 2009, 09:14 PM
Well I never received any email.

Secondly, I don't think my password has changed at all, as I keep myself logged in by default - surely if that was the case, my password should have expired and I should be told that I need to enter a new password into my account ??

Bramiozo - Thanks for putting it back as default - I think it makes things a lot easier for all non-sale related threads.

ALex

Sedo
6th February 2009, 06:04 AM
Hey RD,

Just find it extremely irritating that this guy should attack Namedrive in this way on this forum after all the hard work these guys have put in for us. What has Sedo ever really done for us? What has this guy done but come up with promises? The same bloody promises they have let us down over time and time again.

Rather than selling out the only solid partner we have ever had in the monetization game, we should be asking some very searching question about what Sedo intends to do and when they intend to do it.

I have been the subject of some of Sedo's despicable business practices. If I sound pissed off. I have good cause. As I do with Moniker and Co.

My previous posting was meant as a security precaution for those who have Sedo accounts and not an attack against any competitors.

Also, to everyone - If you do have a Sedo account and accounts with other domain companies and you are using the same login details, we urge you to change your password information.

Kind Regards,

John Jacobsen

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Drewbert
6th February 2009, 09:15 PM
Now, here's what pisses me off with SEDO.

I'm negotiating a EURO nn,nnn sale with a buyer. We've hit a figure that I think isn't as high as the domain's worth, so I've suggested I list it at SEDO with that figure as the minimum offer, and he'll bid that and if no one lese bids more, then obviously he was right about the value and I was wrong.

So I go to SEDO to add the listing, and the system tells me I can't add that minimum amount, I have to ORDER an appraisal.

Oh yeah, SEDO appraisals! I like those. I had someone offer me $2k for pise.com so I asked SEDO to stick it in their upcoming auction, and they refused because their crack appraisal team said it was only worth $400 !!!!

Jesus wept.

So do I waste my time waiting for this stupid appraisal to come back saying the name isn't worth what the other guy wants to pay me, or do I just say FUCK IT and list it at Afternic?

jose
6th February 2009, 09:43 PM
Once I had an offer for domain.foreigntld for €50 bucks and SEDO wanted €40 for expenses! LOL.

Rubber Duck
6th February 2009, 09:48 PM
Once I had an offer for domain.foreigntld for €50 bucks and SEDO wanted €40 for expenses! LOL.

Your lucky with .co.uk, often they expected me to pay them!

And even then I would have had to sort out the bloody paperwork myself.

But the most irritating of all their faux pas was demands to provide invoices to clients whose identities they had kept secret for three years.

Personally, I would sooner deal with the bloody Mafia.

bwhhisc
6th February 2009, 10:02 PM
C'mon guys, don't hold back...why not tell em' how you really feel! :p

domainguru
7th February 2009, 09:48 AM
C'mon guys, don't hold back...why not tell em' how you really feel! :p

Unfortunately this is the reality of working with Sedo, I don't know anyone that thinks they have a "cool" system. Personally I would rather sell domains off anywhere in the world than go through the Sedo system. If that means lost sales, so be it.

bwhhisc
7th February 2009, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately this is the reality of working with Sedo, I don't know anyone that thinks they have a "cool" system. Personally I would rather sell domains off anywhere in the world than go through the Sedo system. If that means lost sales, so be it.

While SEDO is a big company and successful in its own right sometimes its good to hear from customers that aren't happy with whatever aspects of doing business with them. The domain market is going to be a lot more competitive in the future now that other "medium size" companies run by some pretty smart people have seen the opportunities for domain auctions and the commissions on 6 and 7 figure sales.

Rubber Duck
7th February 2009, 12:41 PM

You think Sedo is a problem.

With One and One, 24x7 support means being diverted to a recorded message message telling you all the phone lines are busy.

Why aren't they just honest and admit they don't work weekends?

Drewbert
10th February 2009, 05:40 PM
Well, I stick the domain up at Sedo and go for the low minimum offer to avoid having to have their crack valuation squad get near the name, and well over 24 hours later I'm still waiting for the listing to be approved. Is it a holiday over in Europe today?

Plus I go to their customer support system and it doesn't work in Safari - can't look at answers to common questions, can't send a question.

Sigh.

Sedo
11th February 2009, 10:26 AM
Now, here's what pisses me off with SEDO.

I'm negotiating a EURO nn,nnn sale with a buyer. We've hit a figure that I think isn't as high as the domain's worth, so I've suggested I list it at SEDO with that figure as the minimum offer, and he'll bid that and if no one lese bids more, then obviously he was right about the value and I was wrong.

So I go to SEDO to add the listing, and the system tells me I can't add that minimum amount, I have to ORDER an appraisal.

Oh yeah, SEDO appraisals! I like those. I had someone offer me $2k for pise.com so I asked SEDO to stick it in their upcoming auction, and they refused because their crack appraisal team said it was only worth $400 !!!!

Hey Drewbert,

We need to have an evaluation done of your domain before you can go ahead and list it for sale for whatever amount you think it is worth. This is to uphold some discrepancy on our website.

Otherwise, people would just list any bad domain for a million dollars. Try to understand that from a buyers perspective, if they were to come to Sedo to buy any domain and saw all the prices over 10K than there would be no chance for them.

We would rather have the domain valued internally as our appraisals our manually done by our own brokerage staff rather than accepting an automated appraisal from another website.

You may also list your domain for sale with a price around 10K and than see how well you do with offers. Than you are able to place a counter offer for whatever you would like to.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
11th February 2009, 10:30 AM

Hey Jose,

We do have a 10% fee from the final sales price or a minimum fee depending on the TLD of the domain that will be transferred.

Just so you are all aware of this in the future as it may be useful if you are negotiating on Sedo. You may also want to let buyers know when they place lower offers that you need to cover the Sedo fees. Here is our pricelist:

http://www.sedo.co.uk/services/prices.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
11th February 2009, 10:37 AM
Your lucky with .co.uk, often they expected me to pay them!

And even then I would have had to sort out the bloody paperwork myself.

But the most irritating of all their faux pas was demands to provide invoices to clients whose identities they had kept secret for three years.

Personally, I would sooner deal with the bloody Mafia.

Hey RD,

Not sure how old your .co.uk transfer was, however, it is no longer necessary to complete any forms to transfer co.uk domain names. The whole process is completed online through your Nominet account.

Everyone who owns a co.uk domain name has a Nominet account. If you are unsure what your login details are for this account, please contact Nominet via nominet@nominet.org.uk.

Some buyers do ask us to request invoices from sellers for tax purposes. However, we do not release personal/contact information on any customers without their consent.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
11th February 2009, 10:42 AM
While SEDO is a big company and successful in its own right sometimes its good to hear from customers that aren't happy with whatever aspects of doing business with them. The domain market is going to be a lot more competitive in the future now that other "medium size" companies run by some pretty smart people have seen the opportunities for domain auctions and the commissions on 6 and 7 figure sales.

Hey bwhhisc,

This is definitely true and I appreciate all your responses and suggestions on this forum.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
11th February 2009, 10:52 AM
You think Sedo is a problem.

With One and One, 24x7 support means being diverted to a recorded message message telling you all the phone lines are busy.

Why aren't they just honest and admit they don't work weekends?

Hey RD,

This may be true. There are 1&1 offices in Germany and it is not typical to work on weekends. Sedo offices are also closed on weekends.

Sedo's hours of operation are:

Sedo’s main office and headquarters in Cologne, Germany, is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00am to 6:00pm CET (GMT + 1 hour).

Sedo’s US office in Cambridge, MA, is open Monday to Friday, from 9:30am to 5:30pm EST (GMT – 5 hours).

Sedo's UK office, Reading, England is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00am to 6:00pm GMT.

To contact Sedo:

Sedo GmbH
Im Mediapark 6
50670 Köln
Germany
Email: contact@sedo.co.uk
Telephone: (+49) 221 / 340 30 - 230
Fax: (+49) 221 / 340 30 - 102

You can also email me directly if you would like.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
11th February 2009, 11:04 AM
Well, I stick the domain up at Sedo and go for the low minimum offer to avoid having to have their crack valuation squad get near the name, and well over 24 hours later I'm still waiting for the listing to be approved. Is it a holiday over in Europe today?

Plus I go to their customer support system and it doesn't work in Safari - can't look at answers to common questions, can't send a question.

Sigh.

Hey Drewbert,

When you add domains to your account, we need to verify that you are the correct owner of the domain. Lot's of people try and add domains which are not actually theirs to gain revenue.

This is a security measure. Because there are so many domains being listed daily to Sedo, we require 48 hours to verify the ownership of the domain.

The problem with Safari is not a general query that we receive alot as we do have Safari user customers who have not had this problem. Would you be able to send me an email with more info regarding this and screenshots so that I can look into this for you.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

bwhhisc
11th February 2009, 12:24 PM
Hey John,

Thanks for all the answers, maybe the info will help you get some positive things going for multilingual domains. There is an unfathomable market for IDN sales that IMO will be an eye opener for most of the industry veterans.

mulligan
11th February 2009, 12:39 PM
Hi John,

On verification of ownership .. Is it a manual process?

How do your brokerage team go about appraisals, what criteria do they apply, and what qualifies them to be in the appraisal team?

jose
11th February 2009, 06:38 PM
Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, indeed, it was a .es, and the final price was $60 from which SEDO would take $50 (min fee)
Don't you think prices are a little high? I mean, on .es there's no paperwork to be done, it's a simple 30 second push...

Regards,
Jose

Hey Jose,

We do have a 10% fee from the final sales price or a minimum fee depending on the TLD of the domain that will be transferred.

Just so you are all aware of this in the future as it may be useful if you are negotiating on Sedo. You may also want to let buyers know when they place lower offers that you need to cover the Sedo fees. Here is our pricelist:

http://www.sedo.co.uk/services/prices.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Drewbert
11th February 2009, 07:57 PM
"This is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Technically the domain is XN--MXICO-BSA.COM."

Could you please, PLEASE, consider re-wording this statement, so it doesn't sound negative?

Maybe "This domain is represented by the string xn--....... within the DNS".

And also where that actually IDN domain is listed in lowercase then uppercase in brackets, could you uppercase the accented characters as well please?

Sedo
12th February 2009, 01:09 PM
On verification of ownership .. Is it a manual process?

How do your brokerage team go about appraisals, what criteria do they apply, and what qualifies them to be in the appraisal team?

Hi mulligan,

Owner verification is a manual process and we check the ownership of each domain before it is entered into a customer's Sedo account.

Sedo appraisals are also manually done by our brokerage staff. They research the value of the domain using over ten different factors relating to the domain market. We value a domain based on the TLD, keyword, typing errors or symbols, any legal risks, overture and search results, brandability and commerce potential, and recent relevant sales, ect..

We appraise domains based on our experience and knowledge of the domain marketplace. Of course, appraisal values can always vary and a domain value is always debatable depending on each individual, however, we offer a fair, well-researched service.

If you would like to check out more information about our appraisal service, you may read our website. However, I recommend researching a bit using our FAQ's to help you get a better understanding of this service.

http://www.sedo.co.uk/appraisal.php3?templateid=188&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

Kind Regards

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com

Sedo
12th February 2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes, indeed, it was a .es, and the final price was $60 from which SEDO would take $50 (min fee)
Don't you think prices are a little high? I mean, on .es there's no paperwork to be done, it's a simple 30 second push...

Hi Jose,

A .es transfer also requires a change of legal ownership which does require paperwork. The transfer may be a push but transferring legal ownership of the domain is not as simple and does require paperwork to be done on every .es transfer.

Our Sedo fees include escrow and transfer fees which we feel is a fair price to have the domain sold and transferred safely. We also list our fees on our website, in our FAQ's, also when placing an offer/counter offer or accepting any offers for domains so that customers are aware of these fees as well as in our terms and conditions when first joining Sedo.

Kind Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com