PDA

View Full Version : How to know if the available IDN.com is actuallly reserved or blocked?

duskdawn
16th April 2006, 01:30 AM
Hi guys,
I checked several Chinese keywords at domainsite and many of them is available in .coms.
However I heard many keywords in IDN.com are actually reserved so my question is how to find it out before making a hassle purchase and get refund credit later on?

Giant
16th April 2006, 01:45 AM
Hi guys,
I checked several Chinese keywords at domainsite and many of them is available in .coms.
However I heard many keywords in IDN.com are actually reserved so my question is how to find it out before making a hassle purchase and get refund credit later on?
Hi duskdawn, welcome to the forum.

If the domain is blocked, that means it's reserved for the Registrant of the other version of the name. But you never know, just try your luck and reg it. To avoid the hassle of getting back the refund, you better deposit $25 or $50 to your account first. If the reg fails, you won't be charged and you can check the balance right away.

Have fun.

thefabfive
16th April 2006, 01:47 AM
I believe Domainsite does not charge your credit card if the registration does not go through.

Alternatively, you can check both the Simplified and Traditional versions. If one of them is taken in the .com then the other one is blocked.

duskdawn
16th April 2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the info.
Hope this issue could be resolved by registrars later.

bwhhisc
16th April 2006, 03:20 AM
Although we do most of our registrations at domainsite, I have an account at dynadot.com for when their registration service is down. And lately, including tonight that has been a frequent problem.

Dynadot's best feature is a system in place there that tells you if (they or one of their clients) have tried and failed to register certain domains, and the date they tried etc. You can still try again, but most likely it wont go. Welcome and good luck.

duskdawn
16th April 2006, 03:59 AM
Although we do most of our registrations at domainsite, I have an account at dynadot.com for when their registration service is down. And lately, including tonight that has been a frequent problem.

Dynadot's best feature is a system in place there that tells you if (they or one of their clients) have tried and failed to register certain domains, and the date they tried etc. You can still try again, but most likely it wont go. Welcome and good luck.

Thanks for the info, it is definetely a great alternative.