PDA

View Full Version : Big News we have Victory folks

Olney
23rd December 2005, 07:13 AM
I need to translate the article but today while riding the train in Tokyo I saw an advertisements Clearly Advertising the use of Japanese IDN Domains.

It's here guys for all those who might say it's not convenient for Japanese to use native Japanese domains please stop kidding yourself. The registry is paying for these advertisements all over the Yamanote line trains which is one of the most used train systems in Tokyo.

I hope you guys prepared for it more to come....

gammascalper
23rd December 2005, 10:33 AM
We need photos!

Olney
23rd December 2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah I know it's also on the back of R25 magazine http://www.r25.jp

The article mentions April first they will be in use? Seems familiar? Since this is written in Recruit Magazine I belive they have an inside scoop on when the new IE7 will be launched.

Also I didn't know but Japanese IDN domains can only have up to 15 characters...

I'll try to take a picture but I have the magazine...

In the article it writes exactly the same reasons why I've been saying native Japanese domains are better.
Japanese can't remember the English based ones & will usually make mistakes not just sometimes but usually. Japanese domains names are just easy to remember you see it, you remember it, you go home & you can type it.

Straight from Japan. I tried to keep the doubters new school but hopefully you bought a few before the homeboys on the site bought out the best....

I personally know that my top 5 are premium Japanese dot coms baby.... probably my top 10 actually.

Thanks Dave for fighting with me on dnforum

Olney
23rd December 2005, 11:19 AM
Made a mistake it's not 1 page in the magazine it's actually 4 pages with some people's sites
I think since I'm a celebrity in Japan I might try to create a my personal blog with an IDN to publisize it a bit more...

sarcle
23rd December 2005, 02:34 PM
Wow. That is awesome olney. Thanks for the news.
Yes please take a shot and upload it if you can.

Your a celeb in Japan huh? What is it you do again? ;D

bramiozo
23rd December 2005, 06:27 PM
I have a general feeling that we are gaining significant momentum.