PDA

View Full Version : Group domains in AFD?

gammascalper
26th March 2009, 04:39 PM
Is there any way to group domains, say by language, in Adsense for Domains?

I've been to Adsense for Domains > Channels, and I see the option to create the template for the channel but don't see any way to add a bunch of domains to inherit properties of that template or be grouped into that channel.

alpha
26th March 2009, 07:18 PM
Nope

crap isn't it, you can't even filter by the language you had to enter for each domain

excel and a pivot table I'm afraid

gammascalper
3rd April 2009, 06:41 PM
I've finally entered all my domains into Excel. That was quite a job. Tackling pivot tables is next. That looks a bit scary. I might hit you up for a tutorial on that Alpha.

I think I figured out how to group domains by language. First you need to set up all your channels.

Adsense Setup > Adsense for Domains > Channels > Adsense for Domains > Add new custom channels

Then go back to your domains list (Adsense Setup > Adsense for Domains), sort by Language by clicking on the Language header and select a language group by clicking in each box. Yep, it'll take at least as many clicks as domains you have + a few hundred more clicks.

When you've selected all the domains you want to group, select "Change Channel" from the little dropdown menu.

Now your domains should be grouped by channel. Pity there's no way to do this in bulk.

alpha
3rd April 2009, 06:55 PM
I've finally entered all my domains into Excel. That was quite a job. Tackling pivot tables is next...

I'll turn you into an excel and stats junkie yet..

To start off all you need is an excel with one tab having all the punycodes, unicodes, and language against each domain.

then you have a 2nd tab, in here you do nothing more than just paste in the raw stats that you get from AFD (by clicking download as excel)

Then back on tab 1, you need to use the lookup command (google it) to go lookup and sum the data from the stats sheet.

Other tabs can be created with graphs and ABC analysis, trends blah blah.

but the beaty of all this, is every week/month all you do is spend 30secs going in to grab the stats from AFD, paste it into your tab 2, and all the lookup formulas recalculate dynamically.

Not sure if i've shown you my excel, but its been evolving (and still is) for 4 years now. and has oodles of info. If you want to squeeze the last drop of revenue out of each name you just need to experiment with different monetisation methods and then just dump the raw stats from ND, Sedo etc into the excel. A little bit of work on the forumla and it will tell you where each domain makes most $.

My excel also takes care of expiration dates.. again i downloaded from my various registrars and using the old faithful lookup, i now know when each one is expiring, and of course armed with that, you can create another table that calculates how much you are in for each month for renewals etc etc.. you really can go on forever...

.. unless you had a social life of course :p

gammascalper
3rd April 2009, 06:59 PM
How much for the spreadsheet :p