PDA

View Full Version : wwwñgoogle.com - and more !

bigceo
19th April 2006, 01:34 PM
Dear Fellow IDN Forum Users,

About 4 month's ago, I researched the keyboards (what we type on) of both spanish and german users throughout the world and stumpled upon something of much value (at least I think so).

The ñ on the spanish keyboard is right next to the "."
The ö on the german keyboard is right next to the "."

Hence, I have registered the following:

wwwñgoogle.com
wwwögoogle.com

In addition to the same scenarios for msn, ebay, aol, and yahoo (in additon to others).

These "typo's" combined are bringing in hundreds of type in users a month...and I would guess many, many more in the future as more browsers become updated with IDN compatibility.

Any thoughts, or comments on the "value" of these is appreciated.

Sincerely,

bigceo
wwwñgoogle.com

idnceo
19th April 2006, 05:51 PM
to start u should do another research and stop taking domains that u know google will take back. or you think google wont send you a nice email for ñgoogle.com

second, your first post and u come with this TM, it smells spam to me.

and third, cmon im the ceo in here! see idnceo, how could u be called bigceo!? :mad: olney, take out this guy! :p

idn
19th April 2006, 06:22 PM
Dear Fellow IDN Forum Users,

About 4 month's ago, I researched the keyboards (what we type on) of both spanish and german users throughout the world and stumpled upon something of much value (at least I think so).

The ñ on the spanish keyboard is right next to the "."
The ö on the german keyboard is right next to the "."

Hence, I have registered the following:

wwwñgoogle.com
wwwögoogle.com

In addition to the same scenarios for msn, ebay, aol, and yahoo (in additon to others).

These "typo's" combined are bringing in hundreds of type in users a month...and I would guess many, many more in the future as more browsers become updated with IDN compatibility.

Any thoughts, or comments on the "value" of these is appreciated.

Sincerely,

bigceo
wwwñgoogle.com

I am not a fan of this sort of domaining (for lots of reasons), but I will most certainly applaud your creativity.

bigceo
19th April 2006, 09:19 PM
Dear IDNCEO,

You can be the CEO here, no problem:)

Actually, the whole "trademark" thing is not an issue. For example, go to:
wwwlgoogle.com or wwwmgoogle.com - two classic google "typo's" making these people a hefty ppc income on a daily basis.

Not sure of your "spam" comment and its purpose, but I guess all newcomers get the same treatment. ;)

--BigCEO

yanni
19th April 2006, 09:34 PM
I would concentrate on generic terms rather than potential TMs.

As for value, obviously whatever ppc is bringing in, times 2, times a couple of years rev. maybe for generics?

touchring
19th April 2006, 10:03 PM
I've always wondered the difference between "legal typo" and "illegal typo" - my impression is there are 2 types of typo?

Would it be that an extreme typo is allowed? E.g. wwwidnforumso.com

jose
19th April 2006, 10:12 PM
Keyboard layouts:

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/facilities/pc/keyboards.shtml

yanni
19th April 2006, 10:28 PM
I've always wondered the difference between "legal typo" and "illegal typo" - my impression is there are 2 types of typo?

Would it be that an extreme typo is allowed? E.g. wwwidnforumso.com

I'm not sure about "legal" or "illegal" typos.

As far as I'm concerned, a generic typo is fair game.

A TM typo I'll try to stay away from.

Rubber Duck
20th April 2006, 10:21 AM
The biggest problem with these as far as I see it is that the www is now basically superflous at the type in level, as the browsers do the necessary to get you to the correct web page, if you just type the name and the extension. I believe that with a short period of time nearly all type-in will be done this way, so these domains will effectively be obscelete.