PDA

View Full Version : please help

gari
24th December 2005, 05:43 PM
Hi All,
just registered some chinese simple at discountdomains and according to my invoice i was succcessful, then i got this as the domain 事务对事务.com in my invoice. This is the domain i thought i had registered 歌剧.com and the other strange thing is my domain dose not have a punycode according to the whois it say's no matching record. Please advise.
Regards
Gary

sarcle
24th December 2005, 05:57 PM
Hello Gari.

xn--cert02d.com. Is that the punycode you are showing registered? Because it says it's registered.

Do you have your encoding on utf-8?

Let us know which punycode it is.

Rubber Duck
24th December 2005, 05:58 PM
Well domain appears to have been registered for the characters you wanted. Whois has not updated so it would appear to have been registered in the last 24hrs or so. I guess this must have been by you.

You really need to be using a fully IDN enabled registrar for this. I use www.Domainsite.com for all my registrations, although even here you can have problems because of the block that prevents your registering the corresponding characters in Traditional and Simplified.

Hope that is helpful.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gari
25th December 2005, 04:48 PM
Hi Guy's,
I have checked my domain name and everything is fine, the company [www.domaindiscount24.com] is an icann accredited registrar. Festive greetings to everyone.

Regards

Gary

sarcle
25th December 2005, 07:14 PM
Hi Guy's,
I have checked my domain name and everything is fine, the company [www.domaindiscount24.com] is an icann accredited registrar. Festive greetings to everyone.

Regards

Gary

Np Gary. That's what the boards for. Happy Holidays to you as well.