PDA

View Full Version : yay! I'm in!

gopher
14th July 2009, 01:22 PM
Hi all,
got my official account activation.
thought I'd never.

Makes me feel: heureux, felice, glücklich, feliz, счастливо, gelukkig, 행복한, 幸せ, 愉快, ευτυχής, :)

see you around in the forum!

yanni
14th July 2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome!
Why did you think you'd never get in...

gopher
14th July 2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome!
Why did you think you'd never get in...

took more than one month to get approved :o

Account validated at IDN Forums - Internationalised Domain Names!: Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 6:49 AM

yay! ::rolleyes:

alpha
14th July 2009, 03:19 PM
took more than one month to get approved :o

Account validated at IDN Forums - Internationalised Domain Names!: Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 6:49 AM

yay! ::rolleyes:

sorry it took so long, we had to get references from your previous employers.

enjoy your time here, and please introduce yourself and background etc

gopher
14th July 2009, 06:01 PM
sorry it took so long, we had to get references from your previous employers.oh them. now if can you get them to forward my last paycheck, I'd be much obliged...;)

enjoy your time here, and please introduce yourself and background etcI'm a small time domainer, with a small time collection.
I do web programming and design.

As a domainer, I have perused the various drop lists available at dropcatchers such as Snapnames, and domain auction sites such as Godaddy auctions, looking for good names to catch or bid on. I'd manipulate the data using spreadsheets programs, sort 'em, wash and rinse them, to find the hidden gems.

Finding the task tedious, and as a web programmer and designer, I recently launched my own site, DropAce.com, where you can search for expired domains (http://dropace.com/), and deleting domains. The idea is to present data and allow for advanced filtering based on criteria I had found useful in my own domain name quest. In the process of developing this site, I came across something called.... IDN domains... :) . Intrigued, I did a little research, and added some nice IDN tools, such as translation of IDN names, where possible.

So, that in a nutshell is my how I was introduced to the world if IDN.

While looking into IDN names, I came across this website.
(Well, how could I not! Google "idn", idnforums is @ #11. "idn domain", @ #3. "idn domains" @ #2)

So, that in a nutshell is how I got here.

phio
14th July 2009, 06:36 PM
Welcome Gopher....enjoy the ride, it will be better than 6 flags...in the coming months...;)

alpha
14th July 2009, 06:42 PM
.. manipulate the data using spreadsheets..

I think i've found my domainer-soul mate

glow
15th July 2009, 01:59 AM
Welcome on the board!

Drewbert
15th July 2009, 03:52 AM
I think i've found my domainer-soul mate

$10 says your anal.xls is still king of the hill.

yanni
5th February 2011, 02:00 AM
Damn!

Come and gone in less than 5 hours. Is this a record?

Or just a resourceful spammer?