PDA

View Full Version : Hello this is Taha Umiar

taha_umair
18th July 2009, 06:23 AM
i am a female from pakistan. and i am taking part in this form to increase my knowledge about domain names.. I am so excited to learn about domain and hosting. by the way i am going to buy a domain and hosting package also.....would contirbute here later on.

Rubber Duck
18th July 2009, 06:37 AM
i am a female from pakistan. and i am taking part in this form to increase my knowledge about domain names.. I am so excited to learn about domain and hosting. by the way i am going to buy a domain and hosting package also.....would contirbute here later on.

Hi and welcome.

If you are interested in Urdu language domains written in Arabic script, I have some excellent names.

bwhhisc
19th July 2009, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the forum...perhaps very good timing as there are many nice Internationalized Domain Names still available to be registered.
That may change quickly over the next year as ICANN allows the implementation of idn.idn and many more people look for website names.

ashley_angello
2nd August 2009, 08:49 PM
Hey Taha Umair,
welcome on the forum, its good to see a pakistani in the forum.

sbe18
2nd August 2009, 11:50 PM
Taha,

welcome to the forum.

If you believe that Urdu names can and will be popular via browsers used on mobile phones in Pakistan.

Then getting product and service names with a Geographical term could be very prudent.

If certain words that you want are gone, if you added Islmabad, Lahore, or Karachi to the word that could be an option.

Also if a dot com is taken but a dot net is available that is another option for value.

It is very likely that dot com and dot net in IDN.IDN form for Arabic and Urdu and Farsi will be valuable.

Many Arabic speaking IDNers have been forceful in their opinions that dot com and dot net Arabic names will be very close.

They say that dot com is perceived as very Western, so the dot net is more neutral etc....

Cultural preferences are very powerful market forces.

Also, I think there will be very good Urdu names for Indian Urdu speaking markets as well.

I am convinced that there will be a very vibrant Urdu IDN market of Pakistani and Indian entrepreneurs, and in short order they will be surprised by who owns what....

again...welcome.

Steve