PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Drewbert! Clean sweep today!

touchring
23rd April 2006, 06:45 PM
Congrats to Drewbert! Clean sweep today!

Seems there's not much choice left, got to start on the new method - i was thinking about it last two weeks but hesitated then as i thought clubdrop might start support idns very soon. :)

IDNCowboy
23rd April 2006, 06:49 PM
what did he get

touchring
23rd April 2006, 06:53 PM
Didn't really check, but i didn't get any of the 8 names i went for.

Usually, if i could only get just 1 or 2, i'll be satisfied.... otherwise, i'll need to change my methods, had been doing this a few times since Dec.

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2006, 07:19 PM
Didn't really check, but i didn't get any of the 8 names i went for.

Usually, if i could only get just 1 or 2, i'll be satisfied.... otherwise, i'll need to change my methods, had been doing this a few times since Dec.

Didn't look that way to me. Think Job Collect got one. There was another hand regged at Domainsite. Drewbert certainly got a couple, but there seems to be a strong showing not for the first time from mainland China!

mulligan
23rd April 2006, 07:26 PM
yazılım.com (software.com) --> Turkish (Whoever got it)

This was my favourite today...

touchring
23rd April 2006, 07:30 PM
I only went for these, dunno about the rest. Anyway, time to start work. Busy again. :o

böblingen.com
kärcher.com
gärtner.com
yazılım.com
öbb.com
træhuse.com
sängar.com

mulligan
23rd April 2006, 07:39 PM
Hey RD, did you let this one drop today?
xn--mgber7ffh1a.net (المدينة.net)

I see you have the .com

touchring
23rd April 2006, 07:41 PM

I see you have the .com

This one seems to be under your name 'mulligan' at Domainsite? Oh ok, i see, you are asking if the .net dropped.

mulligan
23rd April 2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, was wondering if RD let it drop, its a nice (ish) name!

touchring
23rd April 2006, 07:47 PM
Was it previously registered at DS?

mulligan
23rd April 2006, 07:53 PM
I never checked and dont know where/if you can see past whois...

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2006, 08:39 PM

I see you have the .com

No, I picked up the dot com earlier in the year I think!

touchring
23rd April 2006, 08:56 PM
Yes, i've seen a lot of arabic domainers register only the .net and leave the .com empty.

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2006, 09:56 PM
Yes, i've seen a lot of arabic domainers register only the .net and leave the .com empty.

I think it more likely in many cases that both have been booked out at some point and the dot com has dropped unnoticed, may be six months earlier. You are then only focused on it when the dot net subsequently drops and get the impression that the dot coms were never booked.

touchring
24th April 2006, 12:13 AM
I think it more likely in many cases that both have been booked out at some point and the dot com has dropped unnoticed, may be six months earlier. You are then only focused on it when the dot net subsequently drops and get the impression that the dot coms were never booked.

Yes, that might be the case, anyway, i'm still registering generic arabic.com of couple thousand ovts even now.