PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any developed Japanese IDN sites?

Domainace
13th August 2009, 06:03 AM
I'm putting together a team, and want to develop sites that won't require much once they're up and running. Has anyone developed any Japanese IDNs that they would be willing to show me? If they have earnings/traffic, that would be better.

I need something for my people to get started on. They can write and handle basic web development, but I don't think they quite get the concept,

Thanks.

markits
13th August 2009, 06:13 AM
Please see here: http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=inurl%3Axn--com&search.x=1&fr=top_ga1_sa&tid=top_ga1_sa&ei=UTF-8&aq=&oq=

Domainace
13th August 2009, 12:36 PM
That's a start, thanks. Now, if I can find any obvious adsense mini-sites.

markits
13th August 2009, 01:33 PM
http://消費者金融.com
very low traffic but very high ctr (180%). Average $0.90 per click.

domainguru
13th August 2009, 02:48 PM
Minisites / sites that don't require much once they're up and running. Sounds like a free lunch to me ....

Domainace
14th August 2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks for that link at Noomle.

So far as a free lunch, what would you suggest?

I have etc割引。net, for example. The term gets well over 100,000 searches monthly, but I need to know how much traffic I can get on the basis of the domain name itself, and how well that traffic converts to clicks.

There is no other inexpensive way to test 100s of domains, and a "free lunch" is better than parking I would think.

A name like グルメ。tv (nice drop-catch, thank you very much) is something I will readily sink more time/money into - but I still need to do something with these other domains except park.

And if the domain is not strong enough to bring in some traffic on its own, then I would have to wonder about how I can expect to sell it down the road. If you have a suggestion that falls between parking and full development, I'd love to hear it.

domainguru
16th August 2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for that link at Noomle.

So far as a free lunch, what would you suggest?

I have etc割引。net, for example. The term gets well over 100,000 searches monthly, but I need to know how much traffic I can get on the basis of the domain name itself, and how well that traffic converts to clicks.

There is no other inexpensive way to test 100s of domains, and a "free lunch" is better than parking I would think.

A name like グルメ。tv (nice drop-catch, thank you very much) is something I will readily sink more time/money into - but I still need to do something with these other domains except park.

And if the domain is not strong enough to bring in some traffic on its own, then I would have to wonder about how I can expect to sell it down the road. If you have a suggestion that falls between parking and full development, I'd love to hear it.

No I don't. Full development is the answer. Even ASCII domainers are finally realizing this after getting their parking "free lunch" for several years.

90% of minisites are junk and I guess will be deSERPed soon by major search engines. I don't particularly like this idea, but I believe it is what will happen.

Domain name + developed site = very strong play for searches engines.
Domain name + "minisite" = nothing.

Maybe not now, but google only dumped parked pages in the last 12 months. Expect similar for minisites "soon". Pour your money into minisites if you like. Smart money goes into building a very few high quality real sites using your top keywords.

And btw, you can sell top domain without any traffic to show whatsoever. It's called "branding". Serious companies don't give a flying **** about type-in traffic trickles. They can generate bucketloads themselves. 100 visits a day type-ins doesn't really do anything for them.

Domainace
17th August 2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks for expanding on that.

I won't be "pouring" money into these sites, just trickling (I can get very cheap Japanese writers, it seems, especially in this economy).

I can say that minisites have helped me with non-IDN names. They give me a quick idea of whether there is traffic and money to be made. If I have a couple sites that took me a few hours or less to put together start making money, I'm going to go back in and see if there's room to grow. At that point, it will deserve more development.

If I were Google, I would be looking for a way to weed out most minisites, too - but I think it's not so simple. Still, if they do, and it makes sense they eventually will, that's fine. In the meantime, I am happy if I can use them to test the waters. without too much invested.

You will be happy to know I have grand plans (or will) for グルメ.tv, which in my opinion isn't a name that needs testing.

phio
17th August 2009, 03:59 AM
No I don't. Full development is the answer. Even ASCII domainers are finally realizing this after getting their parking "free lunch" for several years.

90% of minisites are junk and I guess will be deSERPed soon by major search engines. I don't particularly like this idea, but I believe it is what will happen.

Domain name + developed site = very strong play for searches engines.
Domain name + "minisite" = nothing.

Maybe not now, but google only dumped parked pages in the last 12 months. Expect similar for minisites "soon". Pour your money into minisites if you like. Smart money goes into building a very few high quality real sites using your top keywords.

And btw, you can sell top domain without any traffic to show whatsoever. It's called "branding". Serious companies don't give a flying **** about type-in traffic trickles. They can generate bucketloads themselves. 100 visits a day type-ins doesn't really do anything for them.

I think for those with portfolios of over 500 domains, perhaps minisites are the answer. Actually, I don't really consider noomle a minisite generator but a template style website generator.

,It would be almost impossible to develop 500 domains into full blown sites. So you could develop some, and set up minisites or template based websites for the rest.

If a name is generating good revenue while parked, perhaps it is best to leave it there for now.

I think in the future there will be more and more template style website generators available, and will eventually replace traditional parking.

domainguru
17th August 2009, 07:37 AM
I think for those with portfolios of over 500 domains, perhaps minisites are the answer. Actually, I don't really consider noomle a minisite generator but a template style website generator.

,It would be almost impossible to develop 500 domains into full blown sites. So you could develop some, and set up minisites or template based websites for the rest.

If a name is generating good revenue while parked, perhaps it is best to leave it there for now.

I think in the future there will be more and more template style website generators available, and will eventually replace traditional parking.

Yes it all makes sense. Except that "website generators" are really just "junk generators" for the most part. They regurgitate previously published articles, media etc.

Of course nobody can work on 500+ real websites. The mistake people make though is to think therefore "I can't do 500 websites, so i won't do any".

Don't make that mistake. Pour your available time into one or two great real sites. If you have spare time / resources to play with minisites after that, sure, no problem, but don't see it as a golden ticket, it isn't now for 90% of minisites that generate virtually no income, and in the future, I predict it will be even less.

Add value to the web, don't just gunge it up with old crap. Who's made a load of money regurgitating old stuff? Nobody.

And I had to laugh at eNom's new "rich content" offering. One question in their FAQ is "Does Rich Content benefit SEO". And the answer "No, its all in Javascript, and search engines don't read Javascript". If this is the state of the "regurgitated content industry, god help people investing their time and money in it. Nice of them to admit it in their FAQ, but wow, offering content that isn't even indexed by search engines. Beggars belief.

phio
18th August 2009, 01:01 AM
Who's made a load of money regurgitating old stuff?

Hollywood! ;)

domainguru
18th August 2009, 05:23 AM
yeah, but hollywood doesn't have to get through google's "regurgitated content" filter. if they did, most releases wouldn't make it to the movie theater ;-)

phio
18th August 2009, 02:52 PM
Yes, take the extra hour and write your own original articles, be creative, learn a little about your subject. Write something original and thoughtful, make your site a benefit for the internet. G will appreciate it as well as your readers. If your minisite begins to have lots of traffic, develop it into a full blown site. Common sense really. If you have great keywords like games, cars, etc you don't have to wait for traffic, just build it and they will come.