PDA

View Full Version : Watching from a distance....

sarcle
26th September 2009, 02:46 AM
So, I'm feeling free to talk about anything and everything in this board for some reason. :o

So.. We have an introduction thread but never I really never read that anymore.

I lurk everyday. I never feel the need to respond or push some agenda. I've just been sort of getting ready for a baby, family and life in general.

I've really kept out of the debates and out of the "hot topics" even though sometimes I want to SCREAM into my keyboard. Not as an IDN evangelist in any sort of the matter. Just as a person following this movement for the last few years.

I've built a few successful ASCII sites. That's all I'll state about those. I have high traffic IDN and many offers on my IDNs currently from foreign investors; most I turn down. And I wait. I wait. And, I wait again.

How has everyone been? And how are all the new people doing? Sorry if I don't or haven't responded to your pms. My talk is old and information is available almost anywhere you look; providing you do.

Just chilling drinking wine and smokin' (if you know what I mean) on a Friday evening.

Chime in and give a shout out... Feeling talkative.

thefabfive
26th September 2009, 03:22 AM
Good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the baby, and the family. Settling down in AZ?

I think many of the old timers here are seeing similar things with IDNs. Traffic inching up (gotta love those Russian domains) and more and more offers coming in - with increasing prices also. I get the feeling that most offers are coming from domainers but it's difficult to tell.

All in all, positive trend, but seems like it's going to be a while.

sarcle
26th September 2009, 03:38 AM
Good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the baby, and the family. Settling down in AZ?
[/quote]

Thanks and probably not. Going to take some of this internet money and try for a "real" world business. :) Never satisfied in the same place for too long. Sounds like Cali is the place to be right now...

All in all, positive trend, but seems like it's going to be a while.

It always is isn't it? lol. It's always going to be awhile. Thousands whittling away at the cost of renewal and Verisign. But it WILL be worth it. No doubt.

I think many of the old timers here are seeing similar things with IDNs. Traffic inching up (gotta love those Russian domains) and more and more offers coming in - with increasing prices also. I get the feeling that most offers are coming from domainers but it's difficult to tell.

About the offers coming it. I have talked to legitimate Japanese firms. 8-15k is what they are currently offering for some of my best. I'll wait. 500, 1k, 2k then a dramatic rise in offers. It only gets better.

How have you been doing?

Rubber Duck
26th September 2009, 06:18 AM
Congrats on the Baby. That is the next step for me, hopefully.

Wot
26th September 2009, 08:50 AM
Congrats on the Baby. That is the next step for me, hopefully.

Need an instruction manual RD? ;)

Rubber Duck
26th September 2009, 08:58 AM
Need an instruction manual RD? ;)

Not really, at this stage it seems a simple matter of going under the knife.

The ex-wife insisted on extreme measures after my potency overcame her IUD.

Once the technicians have done their work, it will be in the Words of the late Bob Monkhouse, "Bernie the Bolt, Please".