PDA

View Full Version : réserverhotel.com

alexd
26th April 2006, 04:00 PM
My first French IDN.

réserverhotel.com || xn--rserverhotel-beb.com

Google Results for réserver hotel = 14,500,000
Google Results for "réserver hotel" = 3,230,000

Overture French Results for réserver hotel = 131660 ( though the search result shown is actually "reserver hotel" ).

Top 4 bids ( out of 14 ) on French Overture are approx 0.40 Euros.

I was just wondering about your thoughts about this one. I am thinking maybe to set it up working with a hotel affiliate scheme like Bookings.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Alex

Explorer
26th April 2006, 04:10 PM
I have been also wondering if the French use the word "hotel" or "hôtel". Any help would be appreciated.

alexd
26th April 2006, 04:16 PM
Explorer,

I was actually wondering the same myself.

At first, I checked for réserverhôtel.com, but it was already taken.

But doing some random searches on Google, the number or results of hotel and hôtel didnt show me too much of a difference, which is why I took the risk and went ahead and regged the one I did.

Any French speakers in here care to clarify ???

Thanks

Alex

blastfromthepast
28th April 2006, 01:16 AM
But doing some random searches on Google, the number or results of hotel and hôtel didnt show me too much of a difference, which is why I took the risk and went ahead and regged the one I did.

Google results will be almost identical if you search for: sex, séx, sêx.

You have to search like this +++"hôtel" then you will force Google to honor the accent mark.

jose
28th April 2006, 02:16 AM
I tust better Yahoo for " " searches.

Ratz and double ratz. I thought I had réserverhôtels.com but no, it's wrong, I have reserverhôtels.com. Damn. I am on the same boat as you and I should not, because I know how to spell and speak French. The strange part is that I make mistakes even on my native language. I guess too many domains leaves our heads confused.

alexd
28th April 2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the replies Guys,

Blastfromthepast, I never knew about the +++ method to search for accent marks. That will be pretty useful in the future.

I did a check now for my name, and on Google, when I search for ...

+++"réserver hotel"

I get 3,390,000 results, while a search for ...

+++"réserver hôtel"

gives 3,400,000, which is only a difference of 10,000.

So hopefully, my name ( réserverhotel.com ) might be a correct phrase ??

Alex

mulligan
28th April 2006, 07:28 AM
When I search Google I get 1,980,00 for both ways of searching
And the same with or without +++
With and without accents......

Am I missing something?

passengerpigeon
28th April 2006, 08:01 AM
It's the informal way of saying in hotel; "hotel" in french is spelt with the "o" w/ circonflexe in it's spelling. however, probably because that acccent doesn't affect a word's pronunciation, it probably will get few typeins day-to-day. conversely, "é" will probably get the most typeins by the french, because it does affect the pronunciation. your name will be great for PPC, just not a formal site, imo.

alexd
28th April 2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the comments PassengerPigeon.

They are most appreciated.

Alex