PDA

View Full Version : Introducing IDN Newsletter

alpha
27th October 2009, 06:21 PM
I’d like to introduce the service IDN Newsletter.com (http://www.idnnewsletter.com)

The time is right for this, and the market is finally ripe.

You can read more about this venture at Elliot's Blog (http://www.elliotsblog.com/why-idns-should-matter-to-domain-investors-53923), or of course head on over to IDNNewsletter.com (http://www.idnnewsletter.com)

This is a large-scale venture, backed by a big budget, native translators and proactive international marketing.

I know from first hand experience of brokering over the last couple of years that there are serious buyers out there who place enormous value on IDNs. I also know that at the right price, even the most unlikely of investors will sell.

I myself also who has traditionally never sold a thing, will also consider selling to the right people at the right price.

So I encourage you, head on over to IDNNewsletter.com, submit quality IDNs with prices; and let us do the marketing to the end-user and to the native investor.

alexd
27th October 2009, 06:37 PM
Just gone and signed up. However, for me, I couldnt access the site at all using IE7. It starts to load but then seems to get stuck in some sort of loop. ( Just another reason why IE7 is a waste of space ) - It worked perfectly in Firefox though.

Alex

Clotho
27th October 2009, 06:47 PM
Great Idea!

Signed up fine with Chrome. It crashes with Firefox and IE8 for me. All it shows is the directory structure.

alpha
27th October 2009, 07:07 PM
Alexd & Clotho should be ok now.

Note to anyone thinking of using browser language detection & re-direct; don't bother :mad:

tee1
27th October 2009, 07:37 PM
Signed up no problem, using IE6:D (actually FF). btw When will the first copy arrive in my inbox.

yanni
27th October 2009, 07:55 PM
I used opera to sig-up and it was all fine.

Drewbert
27th October 2009, 10:59 PM
Alexd & Clotho should be ok now.

Note to anyone thinking of using browser language detection & re-direct; don't bother :mad:

Or do it in a way that works :)

phio
27th October 2009, 11:54 PM
Signed up. Thanks for this service..and yes good timing

Wot
28th October 2009, 01:40 AM
I am in- perfect timing.

I will be submitting a couple of idn.de :p

alpha
28th October 2009, 01:45 AM
thanks for all the comments everyone.

Just looking at the stats from the marketing tool, there's a been a flood of signups (even after I subtract people I know from this forum)

Elliots Blog gets a lot of eyeballs, so I'm not really surprised.

If you are interested in liquidising a quality IDN, then you know what to do.

domainguru
28th October 2009, 12:45 PM
best of luck with it.

Just one comment - please take it constructively :) the logo just looks like "IDI" on first impression. Obviously if you want to see it as IDN you certainly can but that's not how I saw it to start.

OK, you can tell me to jack off now .....

Giant
28th October 2009, 04:47 PM
Signed up!

bwhhisc
28th October 2009, 05:49 PM
Signed up as well.

sbe18
28th October 2009, 10:32 PM
Signed up gladly...

Are Terms and Conditions going to be emailed or posted ?

thanks.
Steve

alpha
28th October 2009, 11:32 PM
Are Terms and Conditions going to be emailed or posted ?

T&C's (for interested buyers) will be clearly spelled out in the newsletter itself.

as for interested sellers, it is a little more fluid, and will be discussed individually on a case by case basis upon submission of domain candidates.. reason being is we want to get an assorted selection of inventory, and are willing to be flexible during this startup phase.

If you are dithering about liquidating, have comfort that we've already received dozens of domains; and have a healthy subscription list already.

Remember:

subscribe here (http://www.idnnewsletter.com)
email domain names & prices to sales@idnnewsletter.com

idnowner
28th October 2009, 11:49 PM
I agree with DomainGuru - I think the logo could use a makeover. Anyway, I'm signed up and ready to sell, sell sell!

alpha
28th October 2009, 11:52 PM
I'm signed up and ready to sell, sell sell!

That's great news. I've been a long admirer of your portfolio. PM on the way.

chrisofmel
29th October 2009, 09:42 AM
signed up! waiting on first release

Rubber Duck
29th October 2009, 09:45 AM
signed up! waiting on first release

Yeah, when is this going to hit the street?

drbiohealth
29th October 2009, 11:18 PM
Nice. Good luck with your venture, Gary!

sprewellpj
29th October 2009, 11:45 PM

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm:D The first IDNNewsletter will be released within the next two weeks.

Why, you might ask? Because we are now focusing our efforts on a significant marketing campaign designed to attract foreign investors. Stay tuned...

alpha
6th November 2009, 09:22 AM

This Sunday (8th)

chrisofmel
6th November 2009, 12:01 PM
looking forward to it.

sprewellpj
7th November 2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys for all the signups, IDN submissions and supportive emails. I'm really looking forward to our IDNNewsletter release tomorrow.

Drewbert
8th November 2009, 03:00 AM
Can you send it Monday instead?

I'll be in church Sunday.

tee1
8th November 2009, 08:30 PM
Just hit my inbox................. with pictures, a Rubber Duck and an Atlas. :D

dnnames
8th November 2009, 09:13 PM
Ah mmm I didn't get it yet. Maybe still dispatching!

tee1
8th November 2009, 09:17 PM
I signed up fairly early. If you signed up late then it might take a while. If they are only sending 100,000 per batch it might take a while :D

Rubber Duck
8th November 2009, 09:30 PM
Just hit my inbox................. with pictures, a Rubber Duck and an Atlas. :D

Hmmm. Have you got one of the dream viewing contraptions as seen on Harry Potter?

Let you know what is afoot after the event.

idn
8th November 2009, 10:17 PM
Nice job on the first release

My two pence.

You may want to reconsider labeling the translations as "certified". IMHO. When I think certified I think without a doubt correct. However, it states that there will be no refunds if the translations are inaccurate and that parties should basically confirm the translations elsewhere. Somewhat contradictory.

I think either a guarantee that the translations are correct or a short term return policy would work nicely. If you don't want to guarantee the translations a short term return policy would allow buyers a brief period of time to conduct some due diligence. If you want someone to buy on impulse they do not have time for due diligence.

Really not trying to be a pain...as I expressed in an email I think this newsletter is a great idea.

Wot
8th November 2009, 10:24 PM
The letter will be reaching many new to IDN I think a "brief" explanation of what they are and what they can do for investors etc. Straight in to a sales pitch seems a little heavy for the first edition but a great concept.

Agree with "certified" - some say I should be. :D

Wish you all success.

alpha
8th November 2009, 10:32 PM
Nice job on the first release

My two pence.

You may want to reconsider labeling the translations as "certified". IMHO. When I think certified I think without a doubt correct. However, it states that there will be no refunds if the translations are inaccurate and that parties should basically confirm the translations elsewhere. Somewhat contradictory.

I think either a guarantee that the translations are correct or a short term return policy would work nicely. If you don't want to guarantee the translations a short term return policy would allow buyers a brief period of time to conduct some due diligence. If you want someone to buy on impulse they do not have time for due diligence.

Really not trying to be a pain...as I expressed in an email I think this newsletter is a great idea.

Not a pain at all. All feedback is appreciated.

The thing with the guarantee.. it's not that we have the slightest lack of confidence in translations, these are genuine native speakers on the ground in their respective countries we are working with.. it's that there are other moving parts to consider as well.. a simple mistake with copy/paste is all it will take no matter how many checks and balances you have in place - so nothing can ever be 100% guaranteed. If I was running an ascii Newsletter it would have the same wording for the same reasons.

But there is a big difference here between someone trawling through a ton of stuff on forums whereby there are a good number of mis-translations (we've all seen them happen) and a service that states the translations are solid, even if we have to advise that buyers should do their own due-diligence.

And besides, in any purchase scenario, you should do your due-diligence - always.

With regards the guarantee you spoke of.. if a buyer wants to impulse "buy", they can - they have 72 hrs to close after that.. if their due-diligence comes up with something suggesting they shouldn't complete, then they simply don't close the deal.

I think we have all the bases covered.

alpha
8th November 2009, 10:35 PM
The letter will be reaching many new to IDN I think a "brief" explanation of what they are and what they can do for investors etc. Straight in to a sales pitch seems a little heavy for the first edition but a great concept...

To receive the newsletter they had to sign-up from the website, and there's info along the lines there, that you suggest, translated into multiple languages just like the newsletter itself

dnnames
8th November 2009, 10:58 PM
Got the newsletter from my spam box.. silly me.

I think there is a few too many geos and too few keyword domains. They are great geos though, mind you.

Also a suggestion for geos is maybe there is also some additional information such as population statistics gdp, how big the city/province is in relation to the country it is in etc. new IDN domainers may not know how to research such information or know of the significance of each city.

I expect some sales there, at least a few with reasonable prices.

phio
8th November 2009, 11:08 PM
Glad to see the IDNs for sale. Will you also post IDN articles?

idn
8th November 2009, 11:08 PM
Not a pain at all. All feedback is appreciated.

The thing with the guarantee.. it's not that we have the slightest lack of confidence in translations, these are genuine native speakers on the ground in their respective countries we are working with.. it's that there are other moving parts to consider as well.. a simple mistake with copy/paste is all it will take no matter how many checks and balances you have in place - so nothing can ever be 100% guaranteed. If I was running an ascii Newsletter it would have the same wording for the same reasons.

But there is a big difference here between someone trawling through a ton of stuff on forums whereby there are a good number of mis-translations (we've all seen them happen) and a service that states the translations are solid, even if we have to advise that buyers should do their own due-diligence.

And besides, in any purchase scenario, you should do your due-diligence - always.

With regards the guarantee you spoke of.. if a buyer wants to impulse "buy", they can - they have 72 hrs to close after that.. if their due-diligence comes up with something suggesting they shouldn't complete, then they simply don't close the deal.

I think we have all the bases covered.

I hear ya. I guess there is no contracts signed so a 72 hour closing is quite fair. My point was if I happily bought hotels.com in Japanese for 50K on impulse and it ended being alpha.com I would not be a happy camper.

Realistically, a copy and paste mistake may happen less than 1% of the time. It may just be best to stand behind your certified listing and suck it up if a mistake happens on your end. What keeps me from biting on some deals I stumble on regardless of how much due diligence I do (short of hiring a translator with internet experience) is verifying the accuracy of translation and usage. Especially when we are talking fairly significant price tags. To me value is tremendously added if that leg work is done for me beforehand and it is stamped with a guarantee. This is especially true when investing in a space with limited revenue or traffic to justify what may appear to be an inflated asking price.

alpha
8th November 2009, 11:22 PM
..What keeps me from biting on some deals I stumble on regardless of how much due diligence I do (short of hiring a translator with internet experience) is verifying the accuracy of translation and usage...

all good comments, thanks and I'm sure it will keep evolving.

To your point about accuracy and leg work.. we've tried to address that by including comments regarding whether the term can stand alone (#1 importance for Russian domains as you know), and that the term is the better way to write and that it's in common everyday use. We also get provided with context, and quote it where necessary, so for example we can see the difference between "interest" (payment for the use of money) and "interest" (have an interest in something)

idn
8th November 2009, 11:34 PM
all good comments, thanks and I'm sure it will keep evolving.

To your point about accuracy and leg work.. we've tried to address that by including comments regarding whether the term can stand alone (#1 importance for Russian domains as you know), and that the term is the better way to write and that it's in common everyday use. We also get provided with context, and quote it where necessary, so for example we can see the difference between "interest" (payment for the use of money) and "interest" (have an interest in something)

Makes sense. I am sure it will keep evolving. Afterall, this is only volume 1 of a potential series that could completely dwarf harry potter and his crew. I just figured I'd address some thoughts publicly that others inside and more importantly outside of this forum might have been thinking. Keep working on idnowner and get him to list some of those precious gems for something short of xxx,xxx. ugh...

jose
9th November 2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks guys! Great work!

mulligan
9th November 2009, 02:10 AM
Nice job guys .. :)

sprewellpj
9th November 2009, 02:20 AM
Nice job guys .. :)

Thanks again for the support. The IDN community gave us a big boost with all the quality submissions. Keep sending names our way.

Asiaplay
9th November 2009, 03:14 AM
Umm - I only signed up today for the newsletter (2nd signup using Chinese, to see what someone signing up in Chinese gets) - will you also send this "first" newsletter out again i.e. to those who signed up late?

Thanks and cheers, Asiaplay

sprewellpj
9th November 2009, 05:32 PM
will you also send this "first" newsletter out again i.e. to those who signed up late?

Thanks for signing up. In general, we won't send older newsletters to people who sign up "late." Once you sign up, you'll simply get all future newsletters.

But if you want to see yesterday's copy, just PM me and I'll forward it to you.

Drewbert
9th November 2009, 06:32 PM
Will you archive the old newsletters on site?

sprewellpj
10th November 2009, 04:50 AM
Will you archive the old newsletters on site?

We haven't been doing that yet, but interesting idea. I'm sure we'll be making adjustments over the coming months.

tee1
4th December 2009, 02:48 AM
Any idea when is the next edition will be out?

alpha
4th December 2009, 07:04 AM
within the next few days for sure.

dnnames
4th December 2009, 07:20 AM
Sweet. Looking forward to it. Hope you got some nice submissions.

dave_5
12th November 2015, 09:49 AM
Site doesn't load.

bwhhisc
12th November 2015, 01:51 PM
Site doesn't load.

This thread is from 2009

Sophia78
24th March 2023, 11:44 AM
news is a great choice for anyone in the news, broadcasting, or media sectors. It's much more descriptive than a generic .com and tells visitors exactly what to expect when they visit your site. g b whatsapp download (https://gbplus.net/download-gbwhatsapp-apk/)