PDA

View Full Version : Approved at Dopa

mkellerman
3rd November 2009, 06:40 AM
A long time ago I applied for an account at Dopa and heard nothing. Suddenly today I received an e-mail to say I have been approved.

My questions about Dopa:
1. Are they honest?
2. Your experience using them to monetise Chinese traffic.

thanks

dnnames
3rd November 2009, 09:51 AM
Never got approved. you must be lucky. :)

bwhhisc
3rd November 2009, 10:30 AM
I never got approved either, coststhem next to nothing to profit from "your" traffic so never made sense. Would seem logical at least they would test names and see if they have potential, especially those with hundreds of good Chinese domains they turned down.

chineseidn
3rd November 2009, 12:40 PM
also got approved today, not sure why. They must have been clearing their backlog maybe.

phio
3rd November 2009, 06:13 PM
I got the email too. Anyone currently using them?

Drewbert
3rd November 2009, 06:40 PM
I was approved ages ago and my experiences with them until I pulled all my names was "you'd be better off pissing your Chinese traffic down a black hole".

mkellerman
4th November 2009, 05:51 AM
When I applied I told them about the IDNs I own and I think they were not interested.

The fact that more than one IDNF member has just been approved suggests to me that they are now interested in traffic from IDNs - i.e. they expect growing traffic from IDNs.

RJKDomains
16th September 2010, 06:47 PM
I just got approved yesterday but it says 8 of MY domain names are in use in someone else's account! I sent a message to the email address provided and it was denied, forwarded same message to support, hopefully it will get sorted out... not a good sign for a first day though.

sbe18
17th September 2010, 12:49 AM
I got approved 2 years ago.

I dropped them after 2 weeks.

s/

blastfromthepast
17th September 2010, 01:37 AM
Was moved over from Silver Clicks to some kind of Dopa. Told them to find a better name. They wrote me that they won't. No longer using their system.

RJKDomains
17th September 2010, 02:20 AM
thx guys appreciate the feedback