PDA

View Full Version : КОМПЬЮТЕРНЫЕ.COM Made it to eBay

idn
14th November 2009, 05:42 PM
Nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPUTER-COM-RARE-PREMIUM-IDN-DOMAIN-NAME_W0QQitemZ250527300837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54973ce5

tintin
14th November 2009, 05:52 PM
sure...
edited...

alexd
14th November 2009, 05:55 PM
Just hope that any potential bidders on this one will do their research well. Very blatant of the seller to try and pass it off as a premium domain knowing full well that this word cannot stand alone.

I've just seen that it actually already has 23 bids !!!

Its wankers like this that give IDNs a bad name.

alexd
14th November 2009, 05:57 PM
is it yours/

Have a look at this post for more info ....

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/23913-computer-com-russian-and-spannish-idn.html

sarcle
14th November 2009, 06:11 PM
Is this dude banned on this forum yet?

bwhhisc
14th November 2009, 06:16 PM
This is exactly what gives IDNs a bad name, its one thing if the seller makes a mistake, but this guy has been told by native speakers this is worthless in this form. Hopefully EBAY gets plenty of complaints and shuts him down.

sarcle
14th November 2009, 06:22 PM
This is exactly what gives IDNs a bad name, its one thing if the seller makes a mistake, but this guy has been told by native speakers this is worthless in this form. Hopefully EBAY gets plenty of complaints and shuts him down.

True that. Everyone screws up and thinks they have something only to find out it belongs in the drop pile.

It's another thing to misrepresent a domain over and over once the meaning and use is shown.

I seriously thought this person was just an idiot. Looks to be a scammer and needs a ban stick slapped across his account/ip.

And I sent my complaint to Ebay with a link to this thread. Hopefully it'll get removed.

sarcle
14th November 2009, 06:31 PM
Oh man, I shouldn't have looked at his other ebay sales.

1̇.COMPROBABLY THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST Single LETTER IDN DOMAIN WHICH IS

NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC REGISTRATION...

Are you shitting me? :down:

IDNCowboy
14th November 2009, 06:54 PM
He's pretty dumb..

The buyers are also quite dumb... He lists it as Computer.com (not even as a russian word).... People really think computer.com will go up with no reserve?

alexd
14th November 2009, 07:11 PM
Looks like the owner of the .com also registered the .net as well.

Come on - did this guy seriously think that top premium domains would still be available to register ?? Probably someone who read about the recent ICAAN annoucement, and has jumped right in - thinking they are one of the first.

The fact that this guy has been told that the domain is worthless and not correct and he then tries to pass it off on ebay shows much about their character and integrity.

I just hope that this kind of practice is stamped out soon, with scammers such as this guy being banned from here, as well as ebay.

Edit: I've also had a look at the other "Premium Super Rare" domains the seller is offering. I love the description of in this one ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/O-NET-Single-Letter-RARE-IDN-Domain-Name_W0QQitemZ250527368721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54984611

Rare 1 character domain name!
૦.NET
Feel free to visit the site right now by entering XN--CGC.NET into your browser address bar, OR just go the site
DIRECTLY by copying and pasting ૦.NET into your browser address bar!
This domain is a ONE LETTER .com, giving you the distinction of owning the shortest possible .com domain.

Since when would being the owner of ૦.NET mean that you have the distinction of owning the shortest possible .com domain ?? Does the extension change from .net to .com when you become the owner ?? What a tosser this guy is.

alpha
15th November 2009, 10:18 AM
Is this dude banned on this forum yet?

yes - which explains the Ebay route

tee1
15th November 2009, 06:47 PM
all a potential buyer needs to do is google "КОМПЬЮТЕРНЫЕ.COM" and this post shows up first. :)

Just hope that any potential bidders on this one will do their research well. Very blatant of the seller to try and pass it off as a premium domain knowing full well that this word cannot stand alone.

I've just seen that it actually already has 23 bids !!!

Its wankers like this that give IDNs a bad name.

jose
15th November 2009, 10:20 PM
This is exactly what gives IDNs a bad name

That why I think we should drop the "IDN" tag.

That domain he is selling is ONLY AN IDN.

While our domains are Chinese domains, Russian domains, etc.

bwhhisc
16th November 2009, 03:40 AM
Someone lost $76 to this "computer" ripoff...it could have been a lot worse.

Shame on EBAY for leaving the sale up and making their pidly commission.

jose
16th November 2009, 07:11 AM
Someone lost $76 to this "computer" ripoff...it could have been a lot worse.

Shame on EBAY for leaving the sale up and making their pidly commission.

They are really efficient to remove stuff. (Especially after many TM legal auctions) They got the message and decided not to remove it. I wonder why?!