PDA

View Full Version : Need appraisal for Newbie

goher
20th November 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi

I purchased some Arabic and Urdu IDN recenlty, need review and appraisal please.

Arabic

سونى.com ( Sony.com )

Urdu
پاکِستان.com (Pakistan.com)
يوفون.com (Ufone.com) famous mobile service in Pakistan
جيو.tv (Geo.tv) famous tv channel in south east asia.

your input will be really appreciated.

Regards

Gohar

bwhhisc
20th November 2009, 10:50 PM
Hi I purchased some Arabic and Urdu IDN recenlty, need review and appraisal please.
Arabic
سونى.com ( Sony.com )
Urdu
پاکِستان.com (Pakistan.com)
يوفون.com (Ufone.com) famous mobile service in Pakistan
جيو.tv (Geo.tv) famous tv channel in south east asia.
your input will be really appreciated. Regards Gohar

The "trademarks" Sony and Ufone are worthless as these companies will eventually come after you and take the names, usually using the World Intellectual Property Organization to help take the name from you. Trademark names can NOT be sold on any reputable forum, IDNF included.

Geo.tv while probably registered a bit like the above to catch their traffic, it "might" be construed as a a generic word. You might be able to do something with it as you don't use it for "TV" related sites or step over the line....may be hard to do with this one as it is a .tv URL.

Not sure Pakistan پاکِستان.com (Pakistan.com) is not a typo. Always check name using "quotation" marks, "پاکِستان" gets 1110 google SERP which seems very low for that term. Check the link below and hope this info helps. There are still good domains out there...for my 2 cents stay away from TM stuff.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=%22%D9%BE%D8%A7%DA%A9%D9%90%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%22&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

basel
20th November 2009, 10:52 PM
Hello Gohar

Welcome to IDN Forums

about your first arabic idn

i think you are used a wrong last letter

the exact translation for sony is سوني.com

your last letter ى is different than ي if you check the last letter its should contain two dots to get the meaning of sony

many thanks
basel bdair

Drewbert
21st November 2009, 02:42 AM
Hi Gohar,

Good to see you here.

Steer well clear of trademarked terms. Especially now with companies waking up to the fact the IDN is really happening.

I'm not sure how good your English, is but if you don't understand what "bleeding rectum" means, stick it in a translator. That is all you'll get from regging TM names these days.