23rd November 2009, 01:21 PM
Are these domains worth anything?

环球定位系统.公司, 环球定位系统.网络, 简讯.公司, 简 讯.网络 and 全球定位系统.公司

sarcle
23rd November 2009, 06:07 PM

I'm going to go ahead and say no.

Neither Icann nor Verisign have approved gTLD in IDN as of yet. These domains won't be worth squat once they do; and they will.

You've been swindled.

BTW where where these registered?

sbe18
23rd November 2009, 08:12 PM
All of those names will move to third level domains.

upon dot zhong guo/ dot 中国 delegation to the global root zone...
It becomes the top level above gongsi

环球定位系统.公司, 环球定位系统.网络, 简讯.公司,

简 讯.网络 and 全球定位系统.公司

will become

环球定位系统.公司.中国,
环球定位系统.网络.中国
简讯.公司.中国

简 讯.网络.中国
and 全球定位系统.公司.中国

Are they worthless ? I don't know...they need to be re-branded with the full 3 levels to succeed. Some may.

Are they global IDN.IDN dot com's/net's........NO, absolutely NOT.
They are CNNIC names, and not GTLD's in any shape/form/status.
They were never going to be Verisign administered...

so many buyers were deceived to think they were 'true dot com's' ....
that was never, and will never be the case.....

so 300,000 owners ...

I believe that 90% + have been deceived or directly lied to.
the cnnic/ isp hack was never ever described to them, nor the effects when the idn cctld goes into effect.

Steve

Doudou75
23rd November 2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the answers. Sarcle, I got them at http://universal-names.com/.

sarcle
23rd November 2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the answers. Sarcle, I got them at http://universal-names.com/.

Just as I thought they are using i-dns.net which requires a plug-in and they are not sanctioned by Icann.

You can even buy russian .kom .het and .opr. DON'T These won't be worth anything.

Drewbert
24th November 2009, 02:41 AM
I think you've been screwed.

Sorry.

sakillll
7th December 2009, 02:11 AM

Fake names

squirrel
7th December 2009, 04:02 AM
Wow, this needs to be publicized. I didn't even know that such domains could be regged.

blastfromthepast
7th December 2009, 10:13 AM
Wow, this needs to be publicized. I didn't even know that such domains could be regged.

There's nothing illegal about it. Anyone can make their own 'alternate' dns and run it, and you can change your nameservers or run some plugin to enable it. That doesn't mean the rest of the world can use them. But you can. And you can also pay for them.

You also see this with alternate 'start registries' where people let you 'name a star' in the sky. The problem is that the scientific community has their own system of naming stars, and it doesn't recognize any 'star registries'. Of course, here the issue is purely sentimental, as we don't have people traveling or sending mail to any stars, yet.

blastfromthepast
7th December 2009, 10:14 AM

There's nothing illegal about it. Anyone can make their own 'alternate' dns and run it, and you can change your nameservers or run some plugin to enable it. That doesn't mean the rest of the world can use them. But you can. And you can also pay for them.

You also see this with alternate 'start registries' where people let you 'name a star' in the sky. The problem is that the scientific community has their own system of naming stars, and it doesn't recognize any 'star registries'. Of course, here the issue is purely sentimental, as we don't have people traveling or sending mail to any stars, just yet.