PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC show / 5 min segment on IDN

sbe18
23rd November 2009, 09:15 PM
I don't think this was posted weeks back....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33558335#33558335

moment of geek segment...........

5 minutes with the correct context...mostly..

Steve........

jacksonm
23rd November 2009, 09:22 PM
Xeni should be running ICANN's IDN program. Smarter and better looking than the current installment.

Wot
23rd November 2009, 10:21 PM
Brilliant!

sarcle
23rd November 2009, 10:32 PM
Damn liberals and their POVs. I say "make them learn English!" :D Great segment.

Brilliant!

I cannot get over your Namasté.com. You should be selling stickers and T-shirts off that domain. That is a great domain.

gammascalper
23rd November 2009, 11:11 PM
Great clip, thanks for posting.

The quote "This won't impact English speakers much at all. This is about the next BILLION users" says it all.

23rd November 2009, 11:19 PM
Good additional exposure and all but i didn't like her reasoning towards the end where she talks about that Chinese farmer.
There are 1000's of these Chinese,Russian,Israeli,Iraqi etc "farmers" who are professors lawyers and doctors who also don't speak English.

sarcle
24th November 2009, 12:02 AM
Good additional exposure and all but i didn't like her reasoning towards the end where she talks about that Chinese farmer.
There are 1000's of these Chinese,Russian,Israeli,Iraqi etc "farmers" who are professors lawyers and doctors who also don't speak English.

I know what you are saying. But It's just a matter of trying to relate it on a personal level to everyone. It wasn't a statement of poverty. That was just my take on it.

sbe18
24th November 2009, 02:06 AM
I was grinning on the South China farmer comment...

several hundred million Chinese farmers with mobile Internet phones...
is one of my weirdest dreams- hopes several years ago.......(grin)

农业贷款.cn agriculture/farm loans
农业贷款.com agriculture/farm loans

农产品价格.cn agricultural prices
农产品价格.com agricultural prices

Will pitch these to companies in Chicago/ London/HK 3Q2010

It is not about the traffic....it is about the business that can be built from the names...

Steve

Drewbert
24th November 2009, 03:26 AM
Rachel Maddow is hands-down the most professional Cable news show. She rocks.

Wot
24th November 2009, 08:55 AM
I cannot get over your Namasté.com. You should be selling stickers and T-shirts off that domain. That is a great domain.

Thanks but simply parking extends the limit of my expertise and traffic is veeery low. :)

sarcle
24th November 2009, 01:48 PM
Rachel Maddow is hands-down the most professional Cable news show. She rocks.

True that. I honestly can't believe I missed that. I'm usually all over her show. The one time I'm not and this airs. :(

Thanks but simply parking extends the limit of my expertise and traffic is veeery low.

That's a shame. Seems like every other car on the road has a "namasté" sticker on it's bumper. Ironically, those are usually the worst drivers.