PDA

View Full Version : namedrive

bramiozo
29th December 2005, 03:26 PM
Has anyone got any experience with namedrive, I have parked all my idn's with them for now, just to test ctr and ppc.
All the domains (all shapes and forms) but it shows the punycode IN BIG LETTERS and that's not very good for click behaviour.

If you're thinking of becoming a member I would be much obliged if you become a member through http://www.namedriven.com (my affiliate-page) .

sarcle
29th December 2005, 03:33 PM
All the domains (all shapes and forms) but it shows the punycode IN BIG LETTERS and that's not very incentive for surfers.

Yeah, I park all mine there right now. Basically because sedo doesn't allow my russians to be parked. They do really well at namedrive but the huge punycode is something to be desired. I will probably end up moving all mine to sedo once they get there arse in gear with parking.

bramiozo
29th December 2005, 03:42 PM
What do you think of my little gem there, namedriven.com ? ;D

NameDriver
30th December 2005, 03:01 PM
Hi there,

I was pointed here by one of our clients who thought I might just like to say a couple of words on this. Hello IDNForums. I recognise a couple of names from various other domain forums, so it's always nice to find a new one.

Amazingly, three or four hours before this post was pointed out to me, I wrote a mail to tech saying precisely this - that our IDN support needs to be improved massively for our users, so we are working on this. For someone not hugely technically-minded, I find it hard to see the barriers for IDN names, but I do know that on a tech level, they take a while to implement. Hopefully this post will push things along faster.

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions.

namedriven.com ... :)

Happy New Year

Ed

sarcle
30th December 2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks Ed for filling us in. It really says a lot that you came to our little forum to post on this topic. Do you plan on allowing Foreign Keywords in the near future as well?

Really appreciate it.

bramiozo
30th December 2005, 03:48 PM
A nice gesture indeed, changing the headers for the IDN's should be quite simple, just scan for punycoded names and run a puny-converter, nothing fancy is needed for that.

namedriven,namedriver, namedrive, seems logical to me ;) .

sarcle
30th December 2005, 03:53 PM
Just meant if the japenese keywords will be added for advertisement's before the unicode translation funtion is implemented. I understand how that question looked. 8)

bramiozo
30th December 2005, 03:55 PM
and a happy new year for you to :D

gammascalper
30th December 2005, 05:00 PM
A nice gesture indeed, changing the headers for the IDN's should be quite simple, just scan for punycoded names and run a puny-converter, nothing fancy is needed for that.

Perhaps a list to summarize what I think need be done. Feel free to add:

Parking Page:
a. Title and Metas be displayed as native characters translated from punycode
b. Ads in native characters (we realize this is a function of ad inventory, but it should include Japanese, which has a thriving ad market)

UI:
a. Allow .jp, .cn, .ru to be added to portfolio
b. Allow domains to be entered in native characters as well as punycode
c. https: log-in (minor)

IMO Parking Page a. and b. are most critical. Noone knows what xn--blahblahblah.com is.

bramiozo
31st December 2005, 11:06 AM

Perhaps a list to summarize what I think need be done. Feel free to add:

Parking Page:
a. Title and Metas be displayed as native characters translated from punycode
b. Ads in native characters (we realize this is a function of ad inventory, but it should include Japanese, which has a thriving ad market)

UI:
a. Allow .jp, .cn, .ru to be added to portfolio
b. Allow domains to be entered in native characters as well as punycode
c. https: log-in (minor)

IMO Parking Page a. and b. are most critical. Noone knows what xn--blahblahblah.com is.

Agree, I have nothing to add really :) .

gammascalper
1st January 2006, 12:30 AM
.cn, .jp can be entered now!

sarcle
1st January 2006, 11:11 AM
Anyone else notice any spikes in their idn's yesterday at namedrive? I'm talking ton's of hits across the board on all of my idn's.

Can anyone else confirm this?

bramiozo
1st January 2006, 03:14 PM
.cn, .jp can be entered now!

great response time from namedrive !

Didn't notice any spikes Adam :) .

NameDriver
2nd January 2006, 12:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I was out for the New Year period.

We really are looking at sorting out our IDN solution. From the simple stuff on the parked pages to the more complicated things such as IDN keywords.
I'm never going to make any promises that I can't keep because we do have a lot of things that we are currently implementing and, being a small company, we don't have the masses of resources that we'd love. However, we will certainly get the easier points covered as soon as possible. As far as entering and optimizing in Chinese or Japanese characters is concerned, I would say that will take a little longer.
I really just wanted to write and say hi and that we are working to make the implementation as complete as possible, but it will take some time till we are fully up and running with full IDN support.

As far as .cn and .jp domains are concerned, these can be added in punycode at the moment, but the display is not perfect. At least the display on the page should be changed asap.

The only problem with China is that we are, as many other parking companies are, mostly blocked by the Chinese government, as far as I understand. I know this is also the case with the other, 'bigger' parking companies, so I suppose we have to see this as an honour!

I hope I can bring glad tidings very soon and Happy New Year to everyone.

Ed

Olney
2nd January 2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks for answering things on the forum.
As the owner of the site I support anything that helps develop the community.
This is just the start of the new beginning so I wish NameDrive well...

Rubber Duck
16th February 2006, 09:02 AM
Transferred to New Thread