PDA

View Full Version : So, what is up with Arabic market right now??

Muhammad Mustafa
29th November 2009, 08:08 AM
I'v been away from the market for a time now as many of you may know
Today I had enough time to read the sum of PMs landed in my Dynadot account and I was surprised to find a bunch of crap offers for some of my medium-top Arabic IDNs, I really shocked, what is up guys??
I didn't read a lot about the market right now since I came back and I am entirely in now for buying & developing, no more selling, however, it made NO sense at all for me to receive a $200 offer for a domain (a bundle in fact .com & .net) I declined a series of offers for which ended up with 50k SR declined offer about 10-12 months ago, keep aside other crazy offers, this one especially drove me crazy
Again and again, what is up :)
share your thoughts/experience with me please, any info would be very valuable and is very appreciated :)

Rubber Duck
29th November 2009, 08:13 AM
Simple. Arabs just don't value their own heritage enough. They would sooner squander the money on a Car Number plate. How much in earnings is that ever going to bring in?

Today I had enough time to read the sum of PMs landed in my Dynadot account and I was surprised to find a bunch of crap offers for some of my medium-top Arabic IDNs, I really shocked, what is up guys??
I didn't read a lot about the market right now since I came back and I am entirely in now for buying & developing, no more selling, however, it made NO sense at all for me to receive a $200 offer for a domain (a bundle in fact .com & .net) I declined a series of offers for which ended up with 50k SR declined offer about 10-12 months ago, keep aside other crazy offers, this one especially drove me crazy
Again and again, what is up :)
share your thoughts/experience with me please, any info would be very valuable and is very appreciated :)

bwhhisc
29th November 2009, 10:42 AM
Welcome back Muhammad! We could have used you here last week for some Arabic translating. :p

Some of our new members this year...basel and riyadh can probably comment a lot on Arabic idn from the various forums and blogs. I think Arabic domains will have a big future, but going to still take a while. The steady but small traffic we have seen is again growing with IDN news. I don't think prices will really move up until there is much greater traffic and ability to monetize.

Nice to have you back.

Rubber Duck
29th November 2009, 11:09 AM
It is going to take a while for people to understand they are not going to get quality domains for flipper prices. It will really start to sink in when they start making decent offers only to have their emails ignored.

mgrohan
29th November 2009, 11:24 AM
Again and again, what is up

Welcome back :)

g
29th November 2009, 12:03 PM
welcome back muhammad , glad to see you again :)

Fka200
29th November 2009, 12:42 PM
CPC rates have went from .005 to a full penny! WOOT! .01! ;)!

Steve Clarke
29th November 2009, 01:22 PM
Good to see you back, Muhammad.

I've been getting offers on my Arabic names lately, but the offers are coming from domainers/site owners, the investors, and companies are sure to follow, as the news continues to grow.
So too will the offers.

Rubber Duck
29th November 2009, 02:08 PM
CPC rates have went from .005 to a full penny! WOOT! .01! ;)!

You must have some crap names! Our average this month for Arabic is 0.04. :)

IDNCowboy
29th November 2009, 02:14 PM
I'v been away from the market for a time now as many of you may know=

ICANN just canceled fast track.... They ran out of budget by making all these exotic vacations all throughout the world.

The market tanked... Send me your premium IDNs and I will pay the renewal fees and keep them ;-)

Fka200
29th November 2009, 02:37 PM
You must have some crap names! Our average this month for Arabic is 0.04. :)

I sure as hell hope not!

Average fluctuates between 2 and 3 cents, making it extremely hard to see some type of positive return in the future.

riyadh
29th November 2009, 02:58 PM
Simple. Arabs just don't value their own heritage enough. They would sooner squander the money on a Car Number plate. How much in earnings is that ever going to bring in?

do you think all Arab are richs ?

see these info from wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Rubber Duck
29th November 2009, 03:56 PM
do you think all Arab are richs ?

I have spent three years of my life in Arabic Countries and may well be heading back.

It is all relative. Compared with their Muslim brothers in West Africa, yes they are all extremely rich. But then I live in Bradford and some there are not that much better off.

Rubber Duck
29th November 2009, 04:01 PM
I sure as hell hope not!

Average fluctuates between 2 and 3 cents, making it extremely hard to see some type of positive return in the future.

It is all down to how much they are prepared to pay for the keywords but remember Adwords didn't exist until 2003, so things can move quickly.

touchring
29th November 2009, 04:04 PM

GDP means nothing. From my experience, Gulf companies are very willing to spend money on IT and Internet stuff. And Gulf businessmen are aggressive investors.

China has a very big market, but it is also a very price conscious market. If they can get a typo for $7, most companies won't bother to get the correct name. There are Nasdaq listed Chinese internet companies using typo domain. Of course, this may change in the future.

Singapore's gross GDP is only slightly less than half of Saudi Arabia's but has an almost non-existent domain market.

sbe18
29th November 2009, 04:54 PM
Arabic names / market is confronted by 2 major issues that are unique in my judgment.

1- A dozen ++ nations are likely to fast track for IDN cctld's / first 12 months.

buyer confusion on how many to buy.....user confusion of which cctld to use ?

2- Proper right to left browser software ...for PC's..
(not an issue for 2.5G and 3G phones)...

I too have had 3 or 4 recent BS offers for one of my Arabic IDN's.

The Arabic language media...covered the Seoul mtg and the ISG meeting...
so domain newbies think if it is parked it must be worthless to the owner...????

s/

Muhammad Mustafa
2nd December 2009, 01:17 PM
You know what? you are 100% right bro, actually they do NOT :-(
This bundle used to make a shit, kept under $10-15/month for a long time, for the last 8-10 months it used to make around 30-50 a month.
However, its all been about the value of the keyword itself not the traffic/revenue thing, and for Arabic IDNs, no one to expect high rev. soon unless a huge amount of Arabic IDNs being developed, I am about to make a thread about this very soon I hope

Welcome back Muhammad! We could have used you here last week for some Arabic translating.

Some of our new members this year...basel and riyadh can probably comment a lot on Arabic idn from the various forums and blogs. I think Arabic domains will have a big future, but going to still take a while. The steady but small traffic we have seen is again growing with IDN news. I don't think prices will really move up until there is much greater traffic and ability to monetize.

Nice to have you back.

Thanks Bill, I am very happy to come back too
Arabic traffic is HUGE around, I believe, but its all about developing not parking, and you know what? these IDN news is the main reason for the less traffic we receive IMO, I'll explain it in details later

It is going to take a while for people to understand they are not going to get quality domains for flipper prices. It will really start to sink in when they start making decent offers only to have their emails ignored.
This is exactly what I did, declined the offer(s) but the only difference they were shit offer not a decent one & the other party replied with shit words that I won't ever care about

Welcome back
Thanks Mgrohan, nice to see you again pal

welcome back muhammad , glad to see you again
Hey big G, very happy to see you too buddy

CPC rates have went from .005 to a full penny! WOOT! .01! !
:eek: I've it @Dynadot for around 0.04, using Sedo??

Good to see you back, Muhammad.

I've been getting offers on my Arabic names lately, but the offers are coming from domainers/site owners, the investors, and companies are sure to follow, as the news continues to grow.
So too will the offers.
Nice to see you too Steve, I remember you had some development projects a couple of months ago, how is things going with you??

ICANN just canceled fast track.... They ran out of budget by making all these exotic vacations all throughout the world.

The market tanked... Send me your premium IDNs and I will pay the renewal fees and keep them ;-)
ICANN just canceled fast track??!!??!??!?!?!

I have spent three years of my life in Arabic Countries and may well be heading back.

It is all relative. Compared with their Muslim brothers in West Africa, yes they are all extremely rich. But then I live in Bradford and some there are not that much better off.
ooh man, you had to come to Egypt then to find out yourself
Read G's post here: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/16740-egyptian-doctors-threaten-with-strike-over-salary-increase.html

GDP means nothing. From my experience, Gulf companies are very willing to spend money on IT and Internet stuff. And Gulf businessmen are aggressive investors.

China has a very big market, but it is also a very price conscious market. If they can get a typo for $7, most companies won't bother to get the correct name. There are Nasdaq listed Chinese internet companies using typo domain. Of course, this may change in the future.

Singapore's gross GDP is only slightly less than half of Saudi Arabia's but has an almost non-existent domain market.
Only when it comes to Car Plates :no:

riyadh
2nd December 2009, 02:40 PM
It is all down to how much they are prepared to pay for the keywords but remember Adwords didn't exist until 2003, so things can move quickly.

if you have lived in rich country like Emerat, Qatar or Kuwait .
total native citizens less about 3 millions .
that mean less than about 1% of Arab.
maybe there are Some areas rich in other countries
this info from International Monetary Fund
Arab Leaguea GDP (PPP) US$M 2,604,639
GDP (PPP) US$ per capita = 7,671$ / year
when you comare with UK or US or other west countried
GDP (PPP) US$ per capita = 43k $ / year
that mean
The Arab citizen gains only 17% of what the citizen gains in UK or US .

Largest oil-rich country in the world Saudi Arabia
Per capita income less than 20000 $ means less than 50% of the average per capita income in the U.S. or the UK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League#List_of_member_states_by_GDP_.28PPP.29

jacksonm
2nd December 2009, 04:26 PM

The average Arab citizen gains 17% of what the average UK or US citizen gains. The average, however, is not indicative of the number of wealthy people on the top end, nor the size of their wealth.

Domain investing is not a poor man's business. Those people who are only earning $7000 USD per year have little chance of participating in prime domain investing at this stage. The people who own the prime domains didn't get them by accident, and they aren't going to sell them cheaply just because of the average income of the person who wants to buy them. This is capitalism, not a charity. It's about money, and lots of it.

Personally, I will hold a prime domain for the next 50 years at a cost of almost nothing, before I will sell it cheaply.

riyadh
2nd December 2009, 04:53 PM
The average Arab citizen gains 17% of what the average UK or US citizen gains. The average, however, is not indicative of the number of wealthy people on the top end, nor the size of their wealth.

Domain investing is not a poor man's business. Those people who are only earning $7000 USD per year have little chance of participating in prime domain investing at this stage. The people who own the prime domains didn't get them by accident, and they aren't going to sell them cheaply just because of the average income of the person who wants to buy them. This is capitalism, not a charity. It's about money, and lots of it.

Personally, I will hold a prime domain for the next 50 years at a cost of almost nothing, before I will sell it cheaply.

I am an investor in Arabic IDNs , and I hope to sell them for high prices .
but we must Study the economic feasibility and per capita income target .

primiume domain names usualy use to gain
if I creat web site , we want to make profit .
If the target market is weak per capita income must be less cost .
the rich can pay for cars , houses ...etc , but the domain name or web site does not important for him.
and do you know
Arab riches not more than 2% of the word riches .

touchring
2nd December 2009, 04:56 PM
You can't compare this way.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2008/Feb/Week3/1648681.jpg

This number plate costs £7m.

If he can buy the top 100 Arabic domains, each $100,000, still cheaper than the number plate. ;)

And I'm talking about top 100, if we go down to top 50, it's half price. :-)

if you have lived in rich country like Emerat, Qatar or Kuwait .
total native citizens less about 3 millions .
that mean less than about 1% of Arab.
maybe there are Some areas rich in other countries
this info from International Monetary Fund
Arab Leaguea GDP (PPP) US$M 2,604,639
GDP (PPP) US$ per capita = 7,671$ / year
when you comare with UK or US or other west countried
GDP (PPP) US$ per capita = 43k $ / year
that mean

Largest oil-rich country in the world Saudi Arabia
Per capita income less than 20000 $ means less than 50% of the average per capita income in the U.S. or the UK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League#List_of_member_states_by_GDP_.28PPP.29

riyadh
2nd December 2009, 06:53 PM
most of the people ... Think that the Saudis and the Gulf are very riches
I am living in Saudi (Riyadh)
The largest Arab economy and the world's richest international oil
we know the market .
do you know how much teacher salary ?
start from 1000$ / mo .
avarege salary = 1600$ / mo
I think this less than The minimum salaries in the UK or U.S

go to wikipedia and read more about

I think many people think all gulf people are riches

to know more anout Arabic IDNs value
go this link
http://www.idntools.com/idnsales.php

the best one sale for less than 4000$.

sex.com sold for 875$ this year 2009 .

http://www.idntools.com/idnsales.php?page=2

basel
2nd December 2009, 07:07 PM
i think the top value in arab market will come because arab is developer more than domainers

so more endusers

tee1
2nd December 2009, 10:03 PM
In 2009 there are 4 Arabic IDN sales listed at IDNTools, I think its hard to characterize the Arabic market as anything other than at a stale mate. Sellers won't sell at the prices buyers are offering. Therefore no sales (although some just drop names out of disgust), at some point the stale mate will be broken. Waiting is part of the IDN game :)

regards

to know more anout Arabic IDNs value
go this link
http://www.idntools.com/idnsales.php

the best one sale for less than 4000$.

sex.com sold for 875$ this year 2009 .

http://www.idntools.com/idnsales.php?page=2