PDA

View Full Version : Büromöbel.de scores with $101,657 IDN Sale :)

bwhhisc
11th December 2009, 03:30 AM
http://okok.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/idn.png

Büromöbel.de

Translation: Office Furniture

69,000 Euros = $ 101,657 U.S. dollars

**sale info and link posted by Pred at DNF

touchring
11th December 2009, 05:47 AM
the germans really love their office furniture. how much will möbel.de fetch then?

jacksonm
11th December 2009, 06:09 AM

Büromöbel.de

The dollar really is crap compared to the euro now. These sales really should not be referenced in USD, because that isn't the market in which they are transacted.

Rubber Duck
11th December 2009, 07:38 AM

Büromöbel.de

It will be worthless when Real IDN arrive. :rolleyes:

bwhhisc
11th December 2009, 01:47 PM
The dollar really is crap compared to the euro now. These sales really should not be referenced in USD, because that isn't the market in which they are transacted.

I posted both euros and dollars to make a point about "another" xxx,xxx sale.

Just curious...if you are holding "dollars" right now, what would be the BEST play for investing right now in your opinions?

Then we can look back and see how the predictions turn out... anyone wants to stick their neck out first :p

jacksonm
11th December 2009, 02:01 PM
I posted both euros and dollars to make a point about "another" xxx,xxx sale.

Just curious...if you are holding "dollars" right now, what would be the BEST play for investing right now in your opinions?

Then we can look back and see how the predictions turn out... anyone wants to stick their neck out first :p

My point was that if the dollar wasn't so damned weak right now, the dollar amount of the sale would have been less than 100k. Look how the dollar has weakened against the euro since last March. But the value of the dollar provides no interest for the buyer or seller of this domain, as neither one of them are Americans and they both live in Germany. 69k EUR is *a whole lot less* purchasing power in Germany, or almost anywhere in the EU for that matter, than 100k USD is in USA. You can buy an entire house for 100k in USA - you can't even buy a micro-sized apartment for that price in Germany!

I am holding USD right now and the exchange rate to EUR *SUCKS ASS*. I don't know what else to do other than bite the bullet and exchange, because I don't see the situation improving in 2010. If anything, it will probably get worse until the fed stops loaning money for free (sometime in 2011).

bwhhisc
11th December 2009, 02:17 PM
My point was that if the dollar wasn't so damned weak right now, the dollar amount of the sale would have been less than 100k. Look how the dollar has weakened against the euro since last March. But the value of the dollar provides no interest for the buyer or seller of this domain, as neither one of them are Americans and they both live in Germany. 69k EUR is *a whole lot less* purchasing power in Germany, or almost anywhere in the EU for that matter, than 100k USD is in USA. You can buy an entire house for 100k in USA - you can't even buy a micro-sized apartment for that price in Germany!

I am holding USD right now and the exchange rate to EUR *SUCKS ASS*. I don't know what else to do other than bite the bullet and exchange, because I don't see the situation improving in 2010. If anything, it will probably get worse until the fed stops loaning money for free (sometime in 2011).

I don't disagree, but it is good "news" for IDNs and that was the exchange rate on day of sale.
I watched a financial show where mentioned holding Canadian dollars instead of US Dollars might
be a good hedge against the coming financial tsunami.

blastfromthepast
11th December 2009, 02:46 PM
I wonder why Germans are sticking to .de if they are now part of the .eu?

Rubber Duck
11th December 2009, 04:00 PM
I wonder why Germans are sticking to .de if they are now part of the .eu?

Its down to established branding rather political affiliations.

Anyway, most Germans will still see themselves are German first, then European, just as the British see themselves as British first and European last.

tonecas
11th December 2009, 04:37 PM
parfüm.com 7,005 EUR on SEDO also

IDN.eu are also running already at Sedo. German names leading the way as expected...

regarding USD, it will probably go up, contrary to the broad opinion. market loves to make moves contrary to the aparent logic when everyone jumps to the same wagon.

i would not bet on EUR or anything else aggainst the USD now. stick with the greens.

regards,
tonecas

Drewbert
11th December 2009, 05:37 PM
Its down to established branding rather political affiliations.

I think that was a joke, RD.

sarcle
11th December 2009, 06:13 PM
regarding USD, it will probably go up, contrary to the broad opinion.

Unless China gets nervous and dumps their reserve. That'll be the day the U.S. ends. :eek:

Good thing they depend on us to buy their plastic crap for carnivals.

But nice sale even if it was another German domain. :)

Rubber Duck
11th December 2009, 08:54 PM
Unless China gets nervous and dumps their reserve. That'll be the day the U.S. ends. :eek:

Good thing they depend on us to buy their plastic crap for carnivals.

But nice sale even if it was another German domain. :)

Don't be a dumb arse. The only reason that the US consumer was a better bet than any other was because US banks were leveraging Chinese Money 10:1 and more with US Credit. Those days are gone. FOREVER!!!

In the Post-Lehmans era the US consumer is a shadow of his former self and other consumers are better risks and much more interesting to "merchantilist nations".

blastfromthepast
12th December 2009, 12:14 AM
European integration could extend, and then all these ccTLDs would be gone, so there is inherent risk in investing in them.

sarcle
12th December 2009, 12:34 AM
Breaking News:

U.S. cash raising sale. IDN will be available for pre-registration on the .US domain space. Spanish will be the available language to register. With almost 40 million speakers within it's borders; the US is looking to raise some capital to pay off bad debts. Registrations will begin in June.

IDNCowboy
12th December 2009, 01:12 AM
Don't be a dumb arse. The only reason that the US consumer was a better bet than any other was because US banks were leveraging Chinese Money 10:1 and more with US Credit. Those days are gone. FOREVER!!!

In the Post-Lehmans era the US consumer is a shadow of his former self and other consumers are better risks and much more interesting to "merchantilist nations".
You always talk smack about the U.S. even in better times . Is the UK really that great? I doubt it.
Wall St. will be getting their bonuses... ;-)

tee1
12th December 2009, 01:31 PM
F@#$ looks like I have to pay a special residency/trustee tax on this launch as well. :lol:
Breaking News:

U.S. cash raising sale. IDN will be available for pre-registration on the .US domain space. Spanish will be the available language to register. With almost 40 million speakers within it's borders; the US is looking to raise some capital to pay off bad debts. Registrations will begin in June.