PDA

View Full Version : Buying PREMIUM IDNs: High Search Keywords + Traffic!

NameYourself
18th December 2009, 01:36 AM
Looking to purchase a handful of rare "PREMIUM" IDN domains. Only top quality, highest search, generic keywords. Please see the criteria below, budget for premiums is from xxx - x,xxx per name but can go higher if existing traffic and revenue supports a higher price. These should be clear, popular, big terms such as "movies" "food" "pictures" "travel" etc... the popular term for what it describes.

Extension: .COM preferred
The Quality: Only High Search, Popular, Keywords, Premium Generics
Languages: All considered, especially Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Japanese
Search Volume: Must be extremely high, at least 500,000+ Google Search / mo.
Traffic: Should already receive some traffic if it is really premium and a popular term, at least a few hundred visitors per year minimum.

To be clear, looking to buy the best and rare ones, only top high-search keyword terms please. Budget will vary accordingly! Please send stats for the criteria above with a price!

DomainDialect
18th December 2009, 03:24 AM
With all due respect, your looking for a rare, premium domain for as little as $xxx? Good luck with that...:no:

NameYourself
18th December 2009, 04:09 AM
Read the full post instead of selecting only one part, I also said x,xxx and even higher if the name is premium enough. It all depends on quality and popularity.

squirrel
18th December 2009, 04:37 AM
I think most people here would agree with Dialect, the way your post is written it seems that you're looking for category killer names (I think you said "rare premiums"), and, as the market suggests, prices for these would be above the "xxx and x,xxx and higher" range.

I suggest that you contact a few owners of such "rare premium" domains to get a ballpark figure of the price they're looking for.

You could also monitor charts @ IDNTools and DNJournal to get an idea of the current selling prices.

No hard feelings and good luck. Don't give up, there's a lot of opportunities these days.

jacksonm
18th December 2009, 05:17 AM
Because most of these domainers that are like this person only recently heard of IDNs, they assume that the market is still 1994. So they come here and think they will light up our eyes and warm our hearts with $300 or even $3000 offers for category killer domains. God bless their little souls.

The market is around 1998-1999 at this time. The domains like this are already exponentially higher in price.

idn
18th December 2009, 05:34 AM
Because most of these domainers that are like this person only recently heard of IDNs, they assume that the market is still 1994. So they come here and think they will light up our eyes and warm our hearts with $300 or even $3000 offers for category killer domains. God bless their little souls.

The market is around 1998-1999 at this time. The domains like this are already exponentially higher in price.

Well said. One thing though. I will never criticize someone who is trying to purchase an idn below market value. At least within reason. Many of us (including yourself!) in some form or another have done so more than once. :)

NameYourself
18th December 2009, 06:50 AM
Thoughts and opinions can be useful but what is with the unprofessional nature here? If you don't want to sell a name, simply do not contribute to the thread. What is deserving of calling people "little souls" when they simply ask what's for sale? IDNs are nothing new, I've invested in them for many years. But even if a person completely new to IDNs does come aboard as many new people probably will in the near future, what would you do, call them names, deter them? If you want the IDN market to continue growing and the value of all our IDNs to continue going up you should welcome and encourage new people, not turn them away! That said, lets please keep this thread on track for what it was intended, thank you.

IDNCowboy
18th December 2009, 06:57 AM
Thoughts and opinions can be useful but what is with the unprofessional nature here? If you don't want to sell a name, simply do not contribute to the thread. What is deserving of calling people "little souls" when they simply ask what's for sale? IDNs are nothing new, I've invested in them for many years. But even if a person completely new to IDNs does come aboard as many new people probably will in the near future, what would you do, call them names, deter them? If you want the IDN market to continue growing and the value of all our IDNs to continue going up you should welcome and encourage new people, not turn them away! That said, lets please keep this thread on track for what it was intended, thank you.

The market does better with a few reported $x,xxx $xx,xxx sales than $xxx and low $x,xxx numbers. I would love to buy a time machine and buy up all of the top generics.

mulligan
18th December 2009, 06:59 AM
I see what you're saying, but 'PREMIUM' and 'xxx - x,xxx per name but can go higher if existing traffic and revenue supports a higher price' do not to my mind go hand in hand. Nothing wrong with putting it out there though.

jacksonm
18th December 2009, 07:07 AM
What is deserving of calling people "little souls" when they simply ask what's for sale?

I was feeling kind because I've already had my coffee this morning ;-)

I'll be blunt now: You're walking into a jewellery store and asking the owner to sell you a new Omega Seamaster for $25, and you expect him not to laugh at you and show you the door. The story would be a lot different if you walked in and offered him $1800, even though this would still be quite a steal for you. At this offer level, however, he'd think that you were serious about entering price negotiations rather than insulting his intelligence.

markits
18th December 2009, 07:18 AM
hehe you guys are all funny here.:)

I see it perfectly ok for NameYourself to ask for some domains at his nominated prices. I have been opening such bargain hunting threads from time to time and the results are quite pleasant.

K.I
18th December 2009, 08:38 AM
I was feeling kind because I've already had my coffee this morning ;-)

I'll be blunt now: You're walking into a jewellery store and asking the owner to sell you a new Omega Seamaster for $25, and you expect him not to laugh at you and show you the door. The story would be a lot different if you walked in and offered him $1800, even though this would still be quite a steal for you. At this offer level, however, he'd think that you were serious about entering price negotiations rather than insulting his intelligence.

You don't have to be a punk to make your point.

Rubber Duck
18th December 2009, 10:37 AM
On the other hand, he is only asking for a few hundred visitors a year. He is probably a bit green around the ears. Some of ours are getting that not in a Year, or even a Month, not even a week but every 24hrs! And I am talking about natural type-in.

Wot
18th December 2009, 11:00 AM

I see it perfectly ok for NameYourself to ask for some domains at his nominated prices. I have been opening such bargain hunting threads from time to time and the results are quite pleasant.

I have to agree, might just find the guy(s) that need a quick few $'s- good luck to Nameyourself. :)

DomainDialect
18th December 2009, 11:48 AM
My intent wasn't to seem demeaning or negative, just realistic. If you can grab "premium" domains for $xxx, more power to you. Again, sincerely, good luck!

Rubber Duck
18th December 2009, 11:55 AM
My intent wasn't to seem demeaning or negative, just realistic. If you can grab "premium" domains for $xxx, more power to you. Again, sincerely, good luck!

Absolutely right, people will not appreciate their true value until they have first hand experience of how bloody difficult it can be.

bramiozo
18th December 2009, 11:56 AM
Keep it on-topic people :) . That doesn't mean you cannot give suggestions to the TS but rather give those suggestions through a pm and public discussions about market price should take place in a separate topic.

If so requested the posts can be moved to a separate topic.

thank you.

mulligan
18th December 2009, 01:55 PM

Those days are over my friend :)

EDIT:
If the OP wants my comments removed by all means do so.

Kent99
18th December 2009, 09:17 PM
I'm interested in purchasing premiums at these prices as well. Feel free to PM me with domain names. Not holding my breath for any responses.

alpha
18th December 2009, 10:48 PM
@NameYourself

There are still bargains to be had, I had some success with emailing owners directly via targeted whois records.

and you'll get a much higher hit rate if you simply state a price with your enquiry - rather than "is this for sale".. as most people simply ignore that email as it's usually followed up with a $50 offer

but to be frank, most people here would pay what you are paying in a heartbeat for the prices/language/criteria you ask. Having brokered a number of domains in this category I know fairly well what moves sellers to sell and it is usually mid to high xx,xxx

but like I said, you might get lucky by approaching this from the whois angle instead - and while the tone you received from a few people here may seem somewhat hostile, the messaging in that is spot on.

kartik786
27th December 2009, 08:07 AM
Check my signature :)

domainguru
27th December 2009, 10:42 AM
Check my signature :)

I thought it was buyers that decided they were high value (or not) .....

More to the point, the buyer is after high search volume names .....

kartik786
27th December 2009, 12:27 PM

Buyers are always looking for a bargain and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The domains I have in my signature are generic broad terms with easy business perspective. I've tossed names like "travel" so I know what premiums mean. More so in Hindi !

Anyway, take it or leave it. I'm not looking for a quick sale :rolleyes:

domainguru
27th December 2009, 01:30 PM
Buyers are always looking for a bargain and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The domains I have in my signature are generic broad terms with easy business perspective. I've tossed names like "travel" so I know what premiums mean. More so in Hindi !

Anyway, take it or leave it. I'm not looking for a quick sale :rolleyes:

That's all waffle I'm afraid. And if you can toss a term like "travel" says a lot about the language you have decided to invest in ......

Rubber Duck
27th December 2009, 03:55 PM

Not really. For each name there are many potential buyers but only one potential seller. The strike price is always as the sellers discretion, but the buyer usually has to compete.

domainguru
29th December 2009, 04:25 AM
Not really. For each name there are many potential buyers but only one potential seller. The strike price is always as the sellers discretion, but the buyer usually has to compete.

Well sure, I can set a "strike price" of $5000 for a "high value domain" that gets no traffic, but can I ever be sure of selling it? Of course not, especially if the domain remains with little to no traffic or search volume. I might end up dropping it in 10 years and pretending it never happened ...

blastfromthepast
29th December 2009, 04:27 AM
Well sure, I can set a "strike price" of $5000 for a "high value domain" that gets no traffic, but can I ever be sure of selling it? Of course not, especially if the domain remains with little to no traffic or search volume. I might end up dropping it in 10 years and pretending it never happened ...

Geodomains don't get a lot of traffic, but are high value.

domainguru
29th December 2009, 04:29 AM
Geodomains don't get a lot of traffic, but are high value.

Yes, but that doesn't mean all no traffic domains are high value, it just means some are.

Rubber Duck
29th December 2009, 04:36 AM

If you have held a domain for ten years and it still won't cover its renewal, dropping it may be a good option.

domainguru
29th December 2009, 04:42 AM
If you have held a domain for ten years and it still won't cover its renewal, dropping it may be a good option.

I haven't got any IDNs like that (for obvious reasons) but I do have some ASCII .coms that fit the bill. They aren't traffic names, or search terms, so why I am even still holding them now? Because I've had previous decent offers on them which I've turned down. An obvious "keep" one might think. But what if the offers were in the first few years, and nothing since?

Maybe a dropper, even though you "believe" in the domain, especially since resellers wouldn't be interested in picking them up ....

Rubber Duck
29th December 2009, 04:46 AM
I haven't got any IDNs like that (for obvious reasons) but I do have some ASCII .coms that fit the bill. They aren't traffic names, or search terms, so why I am even still holding them now? Because I've had previous decent offers on them which I've turned down. An obvious "keep" one might think. But what if the offers were in the first few years, and nothing since?

Maybe a dropper, even though you "believe" in the domain, especially since resellers wouldn't be interested in picking them up ....

Ultimately, it all comes down to judgment or lack thereof. And some people could sell it anyway, as they have a nose for a mug.