PDA

View Full Version : πιστωτικά.eu - Greek for Credit?

tarrx3
18th December 2009, 05:13 PM
Is πιστωτικά the proper word for credit in greek? Any info is appreciated. Also if it stands alone any ideas on value?

yanni
18th December 2009, 05:36 PM
Its really an adjective and it can stand alone sometimes, but not widely used by the public at large.

yanni
18th December 2009, 06:19 PM
I just noticed the extension. May I ask why, especially since the .com was open.

tarrx3
18th December 2009, 08:29 PM
No real reason for the .eu just had a cheap preorder.

Is πιστωση.com a better fit?

yanni
18th December 2009, 08:35 PM
Is πιστωση.com a better fit?

Yup. And πίστωση.com

tarrx3
18th December 2009, 08:43 PM
Yup. And πίστωση.com

πίστωση.com is taken along with .net .org .info .biz .cn .jp .tw and .eu

I did snag πιστωση.com which I thought was weird because .com .net and .eu were open but the rest were taken.

Is there any kind of value you could place on πιστωση.com? I have some thoughts for development but I am always curious how a name prices undeveloped.

yanni
18th December 2009, 09:12 PM
πίστωση.com is taken along with .net .org .info .biz .cn .jp .tw and .eu

I did snag πιστωση.com which I thought was weird because .com .net and .eu were open but the rest were taken.

Is there any kind of value you could place on πιστωση.com? I have some thoughts for development but I am always curious how a name prices undeveloped.

Well, Ι think .org, .biz and .info do not allow Greek registrations yet. So they appear to be taken. Same goes for .jp, .cn and .tw you mentioned above. Usually the cctlds [cn, tw, gr etc] only allow IDNs in the local character set.

Now, as far as a valuation on your name goes, it's kinda hard to assess, since Greek IDNs don't have a proven record of past notable sales.
Your only bet is to develop the domain thus creating your own value on it.
:)

You will find that in the smaller languages group, there are a lot of decent keywords still available to reg, making their current resale value non-existent to minimal [reg fee].

tarrx3
18th December 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all the info, this definately helps me get moving in the right direction.

yanni
18th December 2009, 09:25 PM
I have to say one positive thing though.
A good keyword with a developed site [even if 'mini-site'] will most likely get a nice position in local search results...

I'll leave it at that.