PDA

View Full Version : CNNIC - domain name audit

andre
21st December 2009, 10:54 AM
爱美.cn is up for auction on 66.cn

爱 = Love and 美 = Beauty. I translate 爱美 as something like "Love of Beauty". It will be interesting to see how much this fetches in auction.

Of further interest is that when I look it up at cwhois.cnnic.net I get the message "The domain name you queried is in auditing"

André 小山 Schappo
http://ラフバラ学生組合.net/

Asiaplay
21st December 2009, 11:08 AM
:) - guess is perhaps best translated into English as "beautiful or charming"...

I am not too surprised really, as this these two characters, are also used in a lot of adult type names (maybe not in this combination / order only).

So CNNIC must have put a mark / flag against one or both of those characters for now (until things are more settled with the mass audit, that they need to undertake).

I guess it will mean quite a lot of normal IDNs that incorporate a character that they have flagged are on hold for new registrations, for now (wonder if effects transfers too...).

Happy that I have the ones I want already that might be effected :)

Cheers, Asiaplay

zaclondon
22nd December 2009, 07:35 AM
:) - guess is perhaps best translated into English as "beautiful or charming"...

Not quite. I think this is a better translation:
set great store by one's appearance; love to make up and wear beautiful clothes

So CNNIC must have put a mark / flag against one or both of those characters for now (until things are more settled with the mass audit, that they need to undertake).

Not so. One of my domains registered just after the cn rule change shows the same page. I was also contacted by dynadot to provide documentation. Photo ID etc.

Asiaplay
22nd December 2009, 09:07 AM
:eek: lol - there is not really a direct translation for this one... but I agree includes the later sentance you suggested, as well as other things... and perhaps what you suggested is clearer for non-speakers - maybe...
Chinese into other languages can be fun sometimes :) .

So it seems that this is just the standard setting on the CNNIC system for now, until the person registering has provided all the correct documentation... makes sense I guess...

ok, thanks for clarifying zaclondon - I know what to expect on my next registration attempt for .cn with dynadot now...

Cheers - Asiaplay

mulligan
22nd December 2009, 11:57 AM
I was also contacted by dynadot to provide documentation. Photo ID etc.

Nothing new, people are occasionally flagged as being a 'fraud risk'

zaclondon
23rd December 2009, 06:03 AM
Nothing new, people are occasionally flagged as being a 'fraud risk'

The email started with:

"The .CN registry is requiring documentation for all future .CN domain registrations."

Seems like across the board.