PDA

View Full Version : No IDNs!

blastfromthepast
23rd December 2009, 02:11 AM
Even after the IDN.eu option, still not possible to sell IDNs at sedo!

sarcle
23rd December 2009, 02:15 AM

That's shocking. :no:

Steve Clarke
23rd December 2009, 02:38 AM
They'll jump on board, like everyone else, when they can no longer afford not to.
As a community, we should boycott placing our names at Sedo, even when they come to their senses.
I think IDN Newsletter, could be poised to take up the slack, and may be the vehicle for IDN sales, going forward, if Top Portfolio Holders decide to make it happen.

jose
23rd December 2009, 02:52 AM
I am hoping someone might convince them for next month idn.org landrush. Its a win-win:
- SEDO pockets a pile of cash (I hope)
- IDNs get promoted
Anyone has contacts @ SEDO?

jose
23rd December 2009, 02:56 AM
I've sent a PM to John (SEDO nick)

domainguru
23rd December 2009, 03:26 AM
I think we have all learnt by now that Sedo pays absolutely bugger all attention to what "contacts" says to them about what they should be doing ..... and if there is a .org IDN "landrush", I for one won't be participating. I don't appreciate registries that can delete all their IDNs one year and then let people apply again later. Just not happening for me.

jacksonm
23rd December 2009, 07:38 AM

I get sedo offers for one of my german idns all the time.

domainguru
24th December 2009, 12:08 AM
I am hoping someone might convince them for next month idn.org landrush. Its a win-win:
- SEDO pockets a pile of cash (I hope)
- IDNs get promoted
Anyone has contacts @ SEDO?

Can you post a link to details of the idn.org landrush next month?

sarcle
24th December 2009, 12:44 AM

Change your mind?

jose
24th December 2009, 01:30 AM

Sure: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/24263-org-chinese-idn-launch-on-23-january-2010-a.html

bwhhisc
24th December 2009, 01:33 AM
They'll jump on board, like everyone else, when they can no longer afford not to. As a community, we should boycott placing our names at Sedo, even when they come to their senses. I think IDN Newsletter, could be poised to take up the slack, and may be the vehicle for IDN sales, going forward, if Top Portfolio Holders decide to make it happen.

SEDO is the 900 pound gorilla...not worth boycotting them just because they were a bunch of dunderheads in the past.
IMO the ascii moonies convinced them IDNs were just a flash in the pan. :p

blastfromthepast
24th December 2009, 03:53 AM
I am hoping someone might convince them for next month idn.org landrush.

I hope you aren't convincing anyone to participate in idn.org landrushes. There are some people in this business who try to ruin it for everyone else, which is something I don't have any respect for.

jacksonm
24th December 2009, 05:11 AM
There are some people in this business who try to ruin it for everyone else, which is something I don't have any respect for.

Especially when they do it over and over, again and again.

jose
24th December 2009, 06:47 AM
I hope you aren't convincing anyone to participate in idn.org landrushes. There are some people in this business who try to ruin it for everyone else, which is something I don't have any respect for.

Yes, I was. It would definitely raise interest on IDNs. Don't you agree?!

cipcip
24th December 2009, 09:00 AM
How come you can't sell them ? There are certain characters that are not allowed.

I have one for sale right here: http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/details.php4?domain=xn--a-jga.net&language=e&et_sub=136&partnerid=14460&et_cid=13&et_lid=17473

Drewbert
24th December 2009, 09:01 AM
If you want to "raise interest in IDN's" like the .mobi landrush raised interest in .mobi's.

IDNs are going to explode no matter what. Convincing people to try to register lots of them in b grade extensions is just going to make people regret maxing out their credit cards in a year's time. That won't help IDN's at all.

Rubber Duck
24th December 2009, 09:04 AM
Yes, it seems that even here most of the members fail to understand that the primary purpose of IDN was to support Non-Latin scripts rather than just Umlauts. Why do think ICANN have excluded Latin from its Fast Track?

How come you can't sell them ? There are certain characters that are not allowed.

I have one for sale right here: http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/details.php4?domain=xn--a-jga.net&language=e&et_sub=136&partnerid=14460&et_cid=13&et_lid=17473

Rubber Duck
24th December 2009, 09:10 AM
I think they probably don't want to sell non-Latins because people might think they are hawking Phishing Domains. :lol:

I think we have all learnt by now that Sedo pays absolutely bugger all attention to what "contacts" says to them about what they should be doing ..... and if there is a .org IDN "landrush", I for one won't be participating. I don't appreciate registries that can delete all their IDNs one year and then let people apply again later. Just not happening for me.

blastfromthepast
24th December 2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, I was. It would definitely raise interest on IDNs. Don't you agree?!

No, it cuts into my, and others' chances of getting some IDN.orgs. The time to raise interest in something is after you have already secured the domains, not before.

Rubber Duck
24th December 2009, 03:36 PM
Not only I am surprised that you are bothered after you cleaned up in IDN.ws, but I think you are over-estimating Jose's influence when Sedo are almost certain to try to repeat their success with IDN.eu which must have netted them close to 7 figures!

No, it cuts into my, and others' chances of getting some IDN.orgs. The time to raise interest in something is after you have already secured the domains, not before.

jose
24th December 2009, 04:09 PM

WOW. Could not ever imagine there was so much interest on idn.org. I sincerely tough every other extension (except .com and cctld) were dead on IDN.

I still think it would be good overall for the IDN business, to see a SEDO Chinese.org auction. Think about it: a sale of the equivalent of your IDN.com on the .org extension would immediately valuate it at, at least, 10x more!

Its about time we take our domains out of our closed community.

Anyway, I think they have other plans: http://www.domainnews.com/en/sedo-s-premium-auction-to-be-held-january-212010.html

blastfromthepast
24th December 2009, 05:02 PM
I still think it would be good overall for the IDN business, to see a SEDO Chinese.org auction.

Think about it. Instead of you or me getting Chinese .org, Sedo gets it.

If that’s what you prefer, I think you need to check out of this business and check your head.

Rubber Duck
24th December 2009, 05:18 PM

If that’s what you prefer, I think you need to check out of this business and check your head.

If that what it takes to drag Sedo out of their Latin Ghetto, then I am all in favour of it! :lol:

jose
24th December 2009, 05:24 PM
If that what it takes to drag Sedo out of their Latin Ghetto, then I am all in favour of it! :lol:

BINGO!

Fka200
24th December 2009, 05:35 PM

I agree.

On top of that, there was no "legacy IDN.eu"... meaning prime keywords were open for grabs. Sedo had the resources and probably knew German would attract a lot of attention, and they had the buyer base for those domains.

But IDNChinese.org? Nah... I doubt there will be "buyers" (the German way) and a lot of the good ones (super keywords) are already taken. I honestly think it'd have more of a negative impact.

blastfromthepast
24th December 2009, 05:51 PM
BINGO!

BINGO. You are a No.1 [XXXX] .

[mod-break]
Dan, no personal attacks please.
[/mod-break]

blastfromthepast
24th December 2009, 06:01 PM

They have the system working for non-German IDN.IDN for .EU.

The point is, a special IDN.EU acution didn't "drag them out" to enable it for the rest of us. I doubt a special IDN.ORG auction will.

jose
24th December 2009, 06:02 PM
BINGO. You are a No.1 [XXXXX].

That's sad Blast. Can't we discuss ideas (and disagree on same) without personal attacks?!

blastfromthepast
24th December 2009, 06:03 PM
That's sad Blast. Can't we discuss ideas (and disagree on same) without personal attacks?!

No, because this is personal. You've taken it upon yourself to get a giant gorilla to piss on the IDN.org registration game.

Very sad indeed that you don't have the capacity to recognize when you are doing things that cut into your, and our, own business.

jose
24th December 2009, 06:07 PM
On top of that, there was no "legacy IDN.eu"... meaning prime keywords were open for grabs. Sedo had the resources and probably knew German would attract a lot of attention, and they had the buyer base for those domains.

Yes, you have a point there. I was hoping they would turn some of those buyer into IDNChinese.org buyers. Maybe I am dreaming. But if SEDO can not achieve that, who can?! Aren't you tired of waiting for the market to grow?!

K.I
24th December 2009, 08:37 PM
No, because this is personal.

This is business, man. Everyone has their own interests.

sarcle
24th December 2009, 08:39 PM

I agree also Blast.

Especially when someone that has already stated that the forums and information should be closed to "outsiders."

Not very credible are their statements or opinions.

jose
24th December 2009, 08:53 PM
I have never said the forums and information should be closed to "outsiders." As a mater of fact I am the ones who shares more free domains, free drop list, free domain appraisal tool, and opportunities to everyone.

I know many may disagree, but you have to understand how business 2.0 works. You can't expect to register all idn.org to yourself and expect everyone to go knocking on your door begging for you to sell to them.

You have to share the wealth, so that people will get interested on it. People themselves will promoting it, developing them, talking about them to his friends, and yes, selling for a profit. That, in turn, will make the domains you already own (.com) much more valuable.

Why do you think Google gives us so much free stuff? Think about it.

sarcle
24th December 2009, 09:07 PM
Think about it.

I am thinking. I'm thinking don't you need to be looking for a new Russian Mod and another psychotic IDN basher for your forum?

Fka200
24th December 2009, 09:46 PM
You have to share the wealth, so that people will get interested on it.

I'm all for sharing the wealth--trust me. This is exactly why I DON'T want Sedo anywhere NEAR IDN.org... they'll:

1). destroy the opportunity anyone else has so they can exploit it
2). it will get bad publicity when there are no buyers for free-jumping-lama-beans.org in Chinese, where that exact translation would SOMEHOW be worth 5000EURO to some German
3). i'm not a dreamer--I don't think this would even scratch Sedo's interest at allowing "IDNs" to be sold through their system. it would be another "hey, lets fuck over some people with this landrush as well and still not give a shit!"

more reasons and I can get into more detail, but that explains a lot of my belief.

I don't need Sedo to get to where I believe IDNs will take me.

Most large sales will be done entirely without Sedo.

That's my damn "BINGO" right there! (taken from this thread (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/24545-for-the-2nd-week-in-a-row-a-record-idn-sale-is-reported-and-it-leads-new-dnj-chart.html#post148612)). I doubt the people I'm targeting even know what Sedo is! :-).

Anyone going to create a freakin' happy holidays thread yet? Meh, I'll go do it!

sarcle
24th December 2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone going to create a freakin' happy holidays thread yet? Meh, I'll go do it!

Go for it. You know we'll join in.

jacksonm
24th December 2009, 09:58 PM
I agree also Blast.

Especially when someone that has already stated that the forums and information should be closed to "outsiders."

Not very credible are their statements or opinions.

You guys are pissing in the wind if you think that applying peer pressure will change anything - it can't, because there is an obsession with self filtering all input.

Save your energy for something more worthy of your attention, like scratching an itch on your arse.

sarcle
24th December 2009, 10:13 PM
You guys are pissing in the wind if you think that applying peer pressure will change anything - it can't, because there is an obsession with self filtering all input.

Save your energy for something more worthy of your attention, like scratching an itch on your arse.

No such thing MJ.

What I see is someone allowing their members to run rampant on another forum. Then calling out Admins on this forum. Posting a negative thread in another place. Then coming back as if everything is forgotten.

Then spouting BS all over the place.

Not to mention trying to start something with you in another thread when you asked if he was back before the new year.

But come to think of it... I do have an itch.. :)

jose
24th December 2009, 11:04 PM
No such thing MJ.

What I see is someone allowing their members to run rampant on another forum. Then calling out Admins on this forum. Posting a negative thread in another place. Then coming back as if everything is forgotten.

Then spouting BS all over the place.

Not to mention trying to start something with you in another thread when you asked if he was back before the new year.

But come to think of it... I do have an itch.. :)

Happy Christmas for you, Sarcle. You had a child recently, that's what matters the most, and I still didn't have the opportunity to congratulate you. (Please understand this is NOT irony) Especially on day like today, that's the things that matters the most: your family and friends.

I am sorry if my opinions did offend you or Blast somehow. They are only business opinions and should not be taken personally. Also, I am sorry if they have somehow prejudiced your business value, I will try to be more careful in the future. But one think you can not point me is using bad language or having personally offended any member in here. I truly don't get it, why do people start personal attacks when the arguments run of. But that's me.

About the "other" forum, the thread you are talking about was there when I was away and immediately got removed the moment I got back. I also banned all the members involved...

sarcle
24th December 2009, 11:23 PM
I also banned all the members involved...

Jose you should be thanking me. It is the reason you are back so soon.

As for that moron that posted that threat and thread. I had every right to post what I did.

The other psycho (dn-1) or Miguel on DNF that has continously bashed IDN and then come on your forum and posted his deeds. He had posted many times about his "bashing" on your forums. Without a ban. Until I did something.

Is this a game to you?

Whether or not you try to slide this under the rug. You've had ample time to talk to me and chose not to. Don't think not saying "fuck" or "pussy" in a discussion gives you some sort of "moral high-ground"

And it really isn't that special. I'm not religious so I could give a shit.

or having personally offended any member in here

Jesus, do we need to go back into why you were banned in the first place? Thank God I'm not getting spammed by you anymore.

jose
24th December 2009, 11:57 PM
The other psycho (dn-1) or Miguel on DNF that has continously bashed IDN and then come on your forum and posted his deeds. He had posted many times about his "bashing" on your forums. Without a ban.

I can not moderate what he does on DNF. I did not find any "bashing" prior to that one on my forum. Can you point me to any?!

I am however to blame for one thing: being naive enough to give people too many chances...

Thanks for having voted for me to get back! Wait a minute, maybe I am not seeing this right?! :)

This is my last post on this. This thread is to discuss "No IDN on SEDO". PM sent. Thanks.

(And please watch your language)

sarcle
25th December 2009, 12:01 AM
I am however to blame for one thing: being naive enough to give people too many chances...

Me too Jose. Now that I'm not going to get spammed again by your forum in a 3 email blast about how much this forum is afraid of you. Stay the fuck out of my way from now on.

Cheers.

sarcle
25th December 2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks Jose for the Pm and the clarification. Let's all watch our IDN skyrocket in 2010. I wish you much success.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jose and to all.

K.I
25th December 2009, 04:58 AM
Tsundere.

jacksonm
25th December 2009, 06:18 AM
or having personally offended any member in here.

It has happened many times and multiple people have even directly pointed it out (blast just pointed it out), but because of your obsession with self you don't accept other people's points as having any validity and therefore you reject those points (often times via the attempted use of moral high ground). You see, you have done it and people have told you that you have done it to them, but you still did not believe them. In other words, you judged their feelings to be invalid so that you could continue with your own self-love.

Rubber Duck
25th December 2009, 08:53 AM
It has happened many times and multiple people have even directly pointed it out (blast just pointed it out), but because of your obsession with self you don't accept other people's points as having any validity and therefore you reject those points (often times via the attempted use of moral high ground). You see, you have done it and people have told you that you have done it to them, but you still did not believe them. In other words, you judged their feelings to be invalid so that you could continue with your own self-love.

You should take a leaf out of the works of your name sake and "Look at the Man in the Mirror."

bramiozo
25th December 2009, 10:04 AM
Stand under a mistletoe people (alltogether..), I still remember the last 'clash' and it was NOT pretty. Do not let it get that far please :) .

Oh yeah, KEEP IT ONTOPIC :) .

If so requested I can delete the personal posts.

25th December 2009, 01:17 PM
I
Welcome Back Jose.

jose
25th December 2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Jose for the Pm and the clarification. Let's all watch our IDN skyrocket in 2010. I wish you much success.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jose and to all.

Thanks Sarcle.

Welcome Back Jose.

Thanks 555

Tsundere.

:rolleyes:

jacksonm
25th December 2009, 04:46 PM
You should take a leaf out of the works of your name sake and "Look at the Man in the Mirror."

Should've, could've, would've been a king.

jose
25th December 2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the friend invitation Blast! Friend invitation accepted. :)