PDA

View Full Version : Banned at DNF

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 10:03 PM
Please be advise that I cannot be contacted at DNFs as some brain dead Mod has banned me for apparently spamming IDFs. Frankly, I will not put up with such secret police style tactics as there has been no overt intention to spam, but if we are talking about IDNs then it is purely hypocritical to prevent the one person that has done more to try and develop the scene their from mentioning the richest source of information on the Planet.

I sorry, but I am going to have to think long and hard about going back there and to think I was seriously considering subscribing for Exclusive Membership. I must have been off my trolley!

Drewbert
29th April 2006, 10:10 PM
Don't worry, RD, you're not the first to be banned from there :)

I'll send you a t-shirt.

blastfromthepast
29th April 2006, 10:12 PM
I have been banned too a couple weeks ago. It seems like it you dissagree with certain long standing forum members, they will get the mod to ban you. Kind of childish.

touchring
29th April 2006, 10:14 PM
Perhaps, you can petition an "unban" - based on merits given by other forumers - http://www.dnforum.com/f273/admin-mods-petition-reward-user-rubber-duck-thread-145930.html?highlight=idn. :)

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 10:19 PM
Well frankly, I think it is appalling that members of DNFs are paying for the privilege of having vital information withheld from them that the Forum owner appears have greatly benefited from. It just will not do. If there is no adequate resolution to this problem within the next 48hrs. I feel I will have no option but to call for certain individuals to banned from this forum.

Foremost amonst these is our friend Nimbus who is wilfully misrepresenting sales information and suspect that it was because I backed up Edwins intervention at DNFs in this respect that some retailitory action appears to have been taken.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2378-appraisal-please-central-tokyo-%E4%B8%AD%E5%A4%AE%E6%9D%B1%E4%BA%AC-com.html?highlight=central+tokyo

Well check this out and the similar offending thread at DNFs and let us all know whether this guy deserves to be part of our community or not! More proof, if proof were needed that the mods at DNF have little or no interest in protecting ordinary domainers from Charlatans.

g
29th April 2006, 10:46 PM
I had been banned twice but that was long time ago :)

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 10:52 PM
Yes perhaps we ought to have ribbons here, but instead of just buying them you could get them for being banned at other forums. What do you think? Maybe differenet colours for different forums?

touchring
29th April 2006, 10:59 PM
Well frankly, I think it is appalling that members of DNFs are paying for the privilege of having vital information withheld from them that the Forum owner appears have greatly benefited from. It just will not do. If there is no adequate resolution to this problem within the next 48hrs. I feel I will have no option but to call for certain individuals to banned from this forum.

Foremost amonst these is our friend Nimbus who is wilfully misrepresenting sales information and suspect that it was because I backed up Edwins intervention at DNFs in this respect that some retailitory action appears to have been taken.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2378-appraisal-please-central-tokyo-%E4%B8%AD%E5%A4%AE%E6%9D%B1%E4%BA%AC-com.html?highlight=central+tokyo

Well check this out and the similar offending thread at DNFs and let us all know whether this guy deserves to be part of our community or not! More proof, if proof were needed that the mods at DNF have little or no interest in protecting ordinary domainers from Charlatans.

Central Tokyo - such an expression is invalid for Chinese, so i guess it's invalid for Kanji as well. It should be the other way round - "Tokyo Central". Also, i noticed that Tokyo when combined with other words, carry the "capital" character.

alpha
29th April 2006, 11:03 PM
Dont let them get you.

Your cause of highlighting dodgy IDN sales over there has just been taken up a gear - you're not the first evangelist to become a martyr.

this is all good - they've just un-whittingly dumped a whole load of fuel on this fire.

just sit back and watch it all unfold :)

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:05 PM
Central Tokyo - such an expression is invalid for Chinese, so i guess it's invalid for Kanji as well. It should be the other way round - "Tokyo Central".

The point I was making is that the Google and Overture scores quoted are a total and deliberate misrepresentation. He had adverse comment from Edwin on the appraisal here but published a totally unmodified version on a sales thread at DNFs. The domain gets neglible Google scores and even the correct way around it not anything like as good as it is hyped. OK, honest mistakes can be made, but we have all seen evidence of individuals persisting to put the same message over and over, even when they know it is incorrect. In this case as in many others added a abetted by the Mods at DNF.

Giant
29th April 2006, 11:07 PM
When a forum is run by foolish people, the outcome is always humorous.

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:07 PM
Dont let them get you.

Your cause of highlighting dodgy IDN sales over there has just been taken up a gear - you're not the first evangelist to become a martyr.

this is all good - they've just un-whittingly dumped a whole load of fuel on this fire.

just sit back and watch it all unfold :)

Well, that would be excellent, but I cannot actually access the site, so I feel a bit like Steve Wonder at the Piano!

When a forum is run by foolish people, the outcome is always humorous.

I think they are concerned that they may be loosing market positon, but the policy there is really frankly a substantial part of the problem. A forum should be somewhere, where stimulating interesting debate goes on, rather than trying to put the unwilling in ranks and file, like some latter day prisoner of war camp.

alpha
29th April 2006, 11:19 PM
So whats your plan then, roll over or fight?

blastfromthepast
29th April 2006, 11:27 PM
Well, that would be excellent, but I cannot actually access the site, so I feel a bit like Steve Wonder at the Piano!

http://www.stockroom.com/g/b933.jpg

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:28 PM
So whats your plan then, roll over or fight?

These guys are laughable. I turned five figures today. In a few year time these guys will be queuing up to pay that to listen to my after dinner speaches, if they can book me in the first place.

No, I shall probably just content myself here, unless somebody wants to launch a real rival forum to DNFs with my new acquisition Domaniacs.com. Anyone who can convince me they are capable of doing the job can set up a forum and if they crack 500 genuine members in 6 months, I will give them the name!

alpha
29th April 2006, 11:33 PM
These guys are laughable. I turned five figures today. In a few year time these guys will be queuing up to pay that to listen to my after dinner speaches, if they can book me in the first place.

No, I shall probably just content myself here, unless somebody wants to launch a real rival forum to DNFs with my new acquisition Domaniacs.com. Anyone who can convince me they are capable of doing the job can set up a forum and if they crack 500 genuine members in 6 months, I will give them the name!

thats what I like to hear, good old British fighting spirit.

http://www.almandersalley.com/deluxe%20duck%20-%20jack.jpg

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:35 PM
http://www.stockroom.com/g/b933.jpg

Thanks, for that!

blastfromthepast
29th April 2006, 11:38 PM
thats what I like to hear, good old British fighting spirit.

http://www.k-online.com/~l-asher/AppleOrchard/Images/39418379_F_tn.jpg

yanni
29th April 2006, 11:38 PM
According to Adam, it's a 3-day ban for spamming members with this message:

<<
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
In Reply to your Post Re: Appraisals ~ URGENT:

Only to get down to ********s.com and find out what is really going on in the domain World! You are talking to a man that is in the process of making millions out of fresh air. The forum is free for now, and I promise I won't try to sell you anything.

Rubber Duck>>

That's from his post on the thread mentioned above.

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:39 PM
Yes, the burning question I have at the moment, is what happens if you are using DCG's Parking Service? If you say something that is not politically correct, do you still get paid or is your parking income also suspended for the duration of the ban, just how does that work?

touchring
29th April 2006, 11:39 PM
The new duck avatar seems to be adult??

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:45 PM
Yes, well that was sent to a Newbie that I had just warned off the Appraisal Scam who asked me if I had any other tips to offer. It was therefore not Spam but solicited advice which means that it is highly doubtful that I was dobbed in, but that your PMs are now being monitored. This is just totally unacceptable to me!

According to Adam, it's a 3-day ban for spamming members with this message:

<<
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
In Reply to your Post Re: Appraisals ~ URGENT:

Only to get down to ********s.com and find out what is really going on in the domain World! You are talking to a man that is in the process of making millions out of fresh air. The forum is free for now, and I promise I won't try to sell you anything.

Rubber Duck>>

That's from his post on the thread mentioned above.

Well, I must have been confused. I thought I was responding to a PM it happens. Have you any idea how many replies I make in a day. This was not intentionally put in a a post and would have editied out myself had I been aware of it. I still, however, think that DNFs heavy handed attitude to mentioning other forums is totally unacceptable. On this Forum you are welcome to mention DNFs as often as you like. I certainly mention your forum here an awful lot and often in as positive way as I feel I can.

DCG
29th April 2006, 11:48 PM
Yes, well that was sent to a Newbie that I had just warned off the Appraisal Scam who asked me if I had any other tips to offer. It was therefore not Spam but solicited advice which means that it is highly doubtful that I was dobbed in, but that your PMs are now being monitored. This is just totally unacceptable to me!

Nobody monitored your pm's it was reported by two users.

As long as you agree not to PM that type of message, I will gladly lift the ban and speak to the mod that did it.

Thanks,

-=DCG=-

yanni
29th April 2006, 11:50 PM
Adam, is the word "idnforum" also banned at dnf?

What gives?

Rubber Duck
29th April 2006, 11:54 PM
Nobody monitored your pm's it was reported by two users.

As long as you agree not to PM that type of message, I will gladly lift the ban and speak to the mod that did it.

Thanks,

-=DCG=-

Well, I must have been confused. I thought I was responding to a PM it happens. Have you any idea how many replies I make in a day. This was not intentionally put in a a post and would have editied out myself had I been aware of it. I still, however, think that DNFs heavy handed attitude to mentioning other forums is totally unacceptable. On this Forum you are welcome to mention DNFs as often as you like. I certainly mention your forum here an awful lot and often in as positive way as I feel I can.

DCG
29th April 2006, 11:54 PM
Adam, is the word "idnforum" also banned at dnf?

What gives?

No it's fine.

-=DCG=-

DCG
29th April 2006, 11:55 PM

I have lifted the ban and will PM you the info that was recieved on dnf.

Thanks for your undertstanding, not all mods are perfect. ;)

If you have any other issues ever, email me at amd@highimpactsites.com

best wishes!

-=DCG=-

John W
29th April 2006, 11:58 PM

You can't mention the name of another forum in a private message with another member with whom you're having an ongoing conversation, or the speech police will come and get you??

alpha
30th April 2006, 12:02 AM
You can't mention the name of another forum in a private message with another member with whom you're having an ongoing conversation, or the speech police will come and get you??

assuming it's still ok to laugh out loud.. i just wanted to let you know i'm laughing now.

DCG
30th April 2006, 12:04 AM

There is no issue with this at all, the only reason it was even an issue is because a user complained and forwarded the message to a mod.

-=DCG=-

yanni
30th April 2006, 12:04 AM

Only if they report it as spam, I suppose. At least that's what it seems happened in this case.

Edwin
30th April 2006, 12:13 AM
Coming back to the other issue in this thread, I believe that people who deliberately, knowingly and wilfully ignore corrections on here and go on days later to post the same misleading sales info on DNF should get banned/blacklisted HERE. Of course, if they post here and at DNF near-simultaneously that's a different story - they can't (initally at least) be expected to take on board comments that have yet to be made!

Somebody needs to start turning the IDN wild west into a civilized border town and run the bad guys out of town - if it's not going to happen here, it will eventually happen somewhere else.

Rubber Duck
30th April 2006, 12:44 AM
Thanks to DCG for bringing this dispute to a satisfactory conclusion.

We have issues to resolve, but hopefully we can resolve them together and jointly promote the cause of IDN rather than bickering over turf, which will eventually benefit nobody.

Coming back to the other issue in this thread, I believe that people who deliberately, knowingly and wilfully ignore corrections on here and go on days later to post the same misleading sales info on DNF should get banned/blacklisted HERE. Of course, if they post here and at DNF near-simultaneously that's a different story - they can't (initally at least) be expected to take on board comments that have yet to be made!

Somebody needs to start turning the IDN wild west into a civilized border town and run the bad guys out of town - if it's not going to happen here, it will eventually happen somewhere else.

Yes, there are a lot issues to resolve. I picked up some interesting domains today. Three letter acroynms in dot com, only they are cyrilics. The poblem is they are are pure cyrilics so totally legitimate ,but look all the word like Latin three letter acronyms!

Giant
30th April 2006, 01:35 AM
As I said "...the outcome is always humorous". Now you have seen it.

This is what the guy called himself "God" said:

"It is a 3 day ban because we receivbed and confirmed he spammed users with this message, it is not permanent but we cannot tolerate this."

Why "tolerate"? Why no 3 day ban now?

It's a joke that there are still people being foolish enough to think they can suppress freedom of speech on the "land of the free".

Rubber Duck
30th April 2006, 01:40 AM
As I said "...the outcome is always humorous". Now you have seen it.

This is what the guy called himself "God" said:

"It is a 3 day ban because we receivbed and confirmed he spammed users with this message, it is not permanent but we cannot tolerate this."

Why "tolerate"?

It's a joke that there are still people being foolish enough to think they they can suppress freedom of speech on "the land of the free".

DNFs need to understand that it vibrant discussions that make forums rather than rules, but I did go overboard, but only because I thought I was answering a PM. Going a bit senile I guess!

John W
30th April 2006, 03:54 AM
There is no issue with this at all, the only reason it was even an issue is because a user complained and forwarded the message to a mod.

Great, many thanks DCG for the clarification! Glad I misapprehended the meaning of your post. :)

I did go overboard, but only because I thought I was answering a PM. Going a bit senile I guess!

Temporary senility is a perfectly natural by-product of too much time in front of the computer screen. It's Sunday in the UK, take a bit of a break! :)

idnceo
30th April 2006, 08:47 AM

I do admire you for many reasons, as a good idn businessman, to keep doing a lot of sales, to give great advice to people, etc. I also like to hear your opinion, even when i dont agree with all you say, but very valuable information you give to take our own decisions.

But please dont kill me or put me on flames as usual to say this but modesty is not your forte. I would love to hear more modesty than comments like those above. Every domainer had to start one day, experience will come to everyone as time passes by. Dont try to become another arrogant DCG as i think Adam is, or in your case to try to be an ICG or IDN Com God. Anyway i do admire you and i do respect your opinion. good luck!

Rubber Duck
30th April 2006, 09:03 AM
I do admire you for many reasons, as a good idn businessman, to keep doing a lot of sales, to give great advice to people, etc. I also like to hear your opinion, even when i dont agree with all you say, but very valuable information you give to take our own decisions.

But please dont kill me or put me on flames as usual to say this but modesty is not your forte. I would love to hear more modesty than comments like those above. Every domainer had to start one day, experience will come to everyone as time passes by. Dont try to become another arrogant DCG as i think Adam is, or in your case to try to be an ICG or IDN Com God. Anyway i do admire you and i do respect your opinion. good luck!

You are absolutely correct, but you must take into account that I was rather annoyed yesterday. When you are just blocked out of the site like that it is extremely difficult to find out what the facts are.

Actually, I don't think Adam is arrogant. I think the use of words like King and God are in Aliases are best avoided, but in view of the high level of knowledge this guy has in a lot of areas related to domaining, I think that is a bit unfair. You will note that he uses the acronym a lot more than than the full version and I think he was probably carried away with a trend at that time. I don't hear Rick being referred to as the King much these days either.

I chose Rubber Duck as ryhming slang for "Dumb F*ck", which was a bit of what we call reserve snobbery.

Anyway the matter is closed. Thanks to all those gave their generous support, but time to move on!

Giant
30th April 2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think Dave needs to pretend to be humble, I don't like hypocrites. I like his style; confident, humorous and assertive.

Olney
30th April 2006, 09:17 AM
Out of resepect for all parties involved
Thread Closed...
Let's move on...