PDA

View Full Version : Hello from australia

spacey
3rd January 2010, 11:02 PM
Just got the idn bug ( About 5 years too late ) although some good aftermarket names about i guess

I think the whole idn thing is a goog idea , of course people prefer their own language

although with so many extensions and gtld's coming i do wonder if the concept of domaining will be so diluted they will become like second hand cars

cheap and nasty ??

Cheers all

:cool:

bwhhisc
3rd January 2010, 11:45 PM
Welcome to IDNForums. Still some good stuff out there to grab at reg fee.
Also some good drops to chase. Best deals are on the secondary market, but don't wait too long to grab a few.

dnnames
4th January 2010, 12:42 AM
Welcome! Nice to see another Aussie here. Quite a few aussies here now.

Fka200
4th January 2010, 12:43 AM
Welcome!!

IDNer
4th January 2010, 01:29 AM
Welcome on board -

sarcle
4th January 2010, 01:41 AM
Hello spacey,

Welcome to the forums.

although with so many extensions and gtld's coming i do wonder if the concept of domaining will be so diluted they will become like second hand cars

Those extensions will become second hand cars. Unless all businesses just up and jump to another extension from the one they've spent millions to brand. .Com/.Net/.CCTLD will always be the safest bet.

Cheers.

DomainDialect
4th January 2010, 02:32 AM
G'day, spacey. Welcome :)

seamo
4th January 2010, 02:35 AM
Gday spacey...and welcome from another Aussie :D

sbe18
4th January 2010, 02:51 AM
Welcome to idnf.

It is nice to see more Aussies joining.

XXXX is one of my favorite beers.

Fair warning.

The dry humor of many of the pommies here deserves some
'fair dinkum' and counter clockwise loo water offsetting.

At least as with us economically incompetant Yanks, you can now be somewhat proud to join the litany of moronic non-UK residents and to endure the slings and arrows of being referred to as:

pillocks, spongles, nonces, knob heads, numpties, tossers, divs, mingers, sods, scrubbers, gits, and berks.

When irritated by these lovers of the Beeb, billiards, and bangers, just post a jpeg of a 'white pointer' from Bondi Beach or Surfers to let them know what a proper oceanside outing looks like.

best regards,

Steve

( lucky to have had the US Navy take me to Oz a dozen times or so during the 80's and only unlucky to have had my nose broken there during an RAN /USN rugby match during the week end of a F1 race in Adelaide)

enjoy the archives.

markits
4th January 2010, 04:05 AM
Welcome, spacey!

XXXX is one of my favorite beers.

Steve, the joke behind the XXXX brand is that Queenslanders do not know how to spell beer properly, so that they use XXXX for BEER. This indicates the importance of IDN: people have the options to use their own languages in domain names.

sbe18
4th January 2010, 06:13 AM
i have not been to Australia in 20 years...

I enjoy Barossa wines more now...
I wish I could go back in time, with my appreciation for South Oz wines .

back then, Foster's and Toohey's were considered swill in Brisbane...

and I never saw a XXXX or a Victoria Bitter in Perth/ Freemantle back then either...

I guess that would explain at the time, Swan's reputation as bird piss in 'Melbin"

I never saw Cascade beer beyond its 'map of Tazi' (grin)

the national divide on aussie rules/ rugby league/ and rugby union was quite strong.

Only Brisbane, Cairns, and Hobart were cities that I saw Steinlager from NZ served.

A Sydneysider RA Navy LT. friend of mine threatened to ditch me, if I ever ordered one in Sydney.

His line was....amongst his mates....never a banknote to support the All Blacks or sex-starved sheep thumpahs etc..

The only things that I viewed in the mid 80's as uniting the country were Vegimite, fascination with Ian 'Beefy' Botham bowling and cavorting, and collective inebriation from crib to hospice on Melbourne Cup day.

New Orleans can't hold a candle to Cup day IMHO.

Botham getting Sir, should be encouraging for Tiger Woods that time heals
national obsessions on sexual indiscretions even in the UK.

The country took for granted beating the English and losing to the West Indies in cricket.

Until then, I thought Canadian territorial beer loyalty was extreme.
I was mistaken.

s/

spacey
4th January 2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks guys for a warm welcome , well the world of idn's sure does bring the world together , i am pleased to say i have already grabbed a name here from dnnames , and surprise he is only about 15-20 kms away ( i am in melbourne)

i did read somewhere , maybe here, that the japanese domain industry is still to take off , so i have grabbed just a few idn.jp , with a hand reg of electric bicycles .jp today , i have about 6 domains parked at sedo and i cant wait to get a click ??

If anyone wants to know good aussie forum for .com.au and the best sales place feel free to send me a pm , although i am happy with my fill of aussie names , i think still good opportunities but the market by population is small and the transfer fees and need for an abn restrict it.

So time to consider idn's

Regards to all and good luck

markits
4th January 2010, 06:39 AM
Spacey,
The biggest Japanese idn transaction so far was happened in oz.
See: http://www.nsxa.com.au/ftp/news/021719735.PDF

Clotho
4th January 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi Spacey and Welcome!

Rubber Duck
4th January 2010, 11:17 AM
Welcome, spacey!

Steve, the joke behind the XXXX brand is that Queenslanders do not know how to spell beer properly, so that they use XXXX for BEER. This indicates the importance of IDN: people have the options to use their own languages in domain names.

Being a big disciple of Czech Beer, I would have to say they haven't got much idea how to brew it either, but it does seem to satisfy a rather undiscerning Pommy palate.

spacey
4th January 2010, 10:12 PM
Spacey,
The biggest Japanese idn transaction so far was happened in oz.
See: http://www.nsxa.com.au/ftp/news/021719735.PDF

Well that's a surprise ! , very cool

Muhammad Mustafa
6th January 2010, 12:07 AM
Welcome to IDNF Spacey, just made yourself a favor by riding the IDN ship ;)

spacey
6th January 2010, 01:48 AM
Welcome to IDNF Spacey, just made yourself a favor by riding the IDN ship ;)

yep , seems a good place , cheers !

Drewbert
6th January 2010, 05:00 AM
XXXX - Australian for "Beer".

Why wasn't Jesus born in Australia?

Couldn't find 3 wise men, or a virgin.

Thanks you, thank you,

I'll be here all night.

Clotho
6th January 2010, 06:33 AM
Q) Why did God invent Whiskey?

A) So the Irish wouldn't take over the world.

spacey
6th January 2010, 08:58 PM
XXXX - Australian for "Beer".

Why wasn't Jesus born in Australia?

Couldn't find 3 wise men, or a virgin.

Thanks you, thank you,

I'll be here all night.

I did a search for you and yes .......bad comedy is available in most extensions

:yes: