PDA

View Full Version : domaintools

squirrel
5th January 2010, 10:11 PM
is it just me or domaintools has started to have some issues with IDNs. Can't make whois search anymore...

Clotho
5th January 2010, 10:43 PM
I noticed that as well. If you use Jose's IDN.bz to get to the whois it works fine but if you try to enter an IDN at Domaintools directly it chokes.

I submitted an error ticket with examples. It is choking on punycode as well.

basel
5th January 2010, 11:03 PM
yes last 3 days domaintools give me error with both idn and punycode

thanks

alpha
6th January 2010, 06:55 AM
domaintools has never worked for some reason with Thai and some Indian scripts (who knows why just those)

and yes it is totally FUBAR now (has been for a couple of weeks) for any idn/punycode

htmlindex
7th January 2010, 06:36 AM
I've noticed IDNs in DomainTools have stopped working but it seems that the punycode still works for me

MDM
23rd January 2010, 12:59 AM
is it just me or domaintools has started to have some issues with IDNs. Can't make whois search anymore...

Is the problem solved?

MDM
27th January 2010, 02:57 AM
I submitted an error ticket with examples. It is choking on punycode as well.

Clotho have you got reply to your ticket?

Clotho
27th January 2010, 01:08 PM
Clotho have you got reply to your ticket?

Nothing in my email except the autoresponse. I went to their site to check on the ticket and found my original ticket and their response:

Hello, Thank you for this fine service. It used to be a great tool but as of late it has ceased to function properly when entering an IDN. It returns either no such domain or it returns inaccurate information. Here is something to test with: イケア.com or Punycode xn--cckd3b.com is owned by IKEA and they have a site at that domain.

Domaintools Whois is returning Invalid or Unknown Domain when searching both the Unicode and the Punycode versions of the name.

TCI Support (Tim)

Posted On: 07 Jan 2010 02:45 PM
Hello Clotho:

Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of that issue and our Development Team is currently working to resolve this issue. We hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Tim P
DomainTools Client Support

The ticket is marked as closed. :(