PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from a Newb

johnks
6th January 2010, 03:26 AM
Hi,
Just joined after reading for a while. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to the IDNers who have made this site and other IDN sites possible.
The IDN threads on "mainstream" domain forums are quite inactive, so it is nice to see a solid group of people with interest in IDNs. Lot of great info here and helpful members(based on replies).
Anyway, Hello, thanks, and Happy Domaining.

DomainDialect
6th January 2010, 03:32 AM
Welcome, johnks. Enjoy the ride :)

sarcle
6th January 2010, 03:39 AM
Cheers Johnks. Welcome to IDNF!

I've been wondering where all the "newbies" are? I've been watching that members counter just go up and only a few have introduced themselves. Is it time to start a new "introduce yourself" thread?

Thanks for introducing yourself. Hope you've learned a little from the reads. Enjoy your stay.

See we don't bite... :)

IDNer
6th January 2010, 04:25 AM
Welcome, and nice to have you here -

See we don't bite... :)

We don't bite, but swallow sometimes :p

Drewbert
6th January 2010, 04:54 AM
I guess we could make it so that new recruits have to introduce themselves within n days or their account is blocked?

Asiaplay
6th January 2010, 05:38 AM
Welcome Johnks - I am sure everyone is happy to know you are enjoying the forum!

@drewbert
No point really is there - whoever adds to forum should be welcome (even if not known is ok)

Come to think of it - I still have no idea who you are Drewbert - lol ;)

Giant
6th January 2010, 05:40 AM
I guess we could make it so that new recruits have to introduce themselves within n days or their account is blocked?

Yes, just make it like what MY Chinese government would do and I will feel more at home here :).

Asiaplay
6th January 2010, 05:43 AM
@Gaint - very funny (like that one) :lol:

Giant
6th January 2010, 05:53 AM
@Gaint - very funny (like that one) :lol:

Thanks. I love China!

Clotho
6th January 2010, 06:30 AM
Welcome!
Still lots of opportunity. In many ways it is still like the early days of Latin domains for us here.

IDNer
6th January 2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks. I love China!

We all knows that you love China & Chinese;
but, I feel interested to know - do you love .CN ? :p

markits
6th January 2010, 07:21 AM
We all knows that you love China & Chinese;
but, I feel interested to know - do you love .CN ? :p

Yep, good Q, and absolutely the right person to ask.

Giant is a Giant in Chinese idn; he is potentially very influential in Chinese domain space; he currently lives in Shanghai.

Giant
6th January 2010, 10:06 AM
.... do you love .CN ? :p

I would say I respect .cn -- 敬而远之。

I did reg some dot cn domains back in 2004, but after I found out more about dot cn I dropped most of them.

Unlike dot com, a completely commercial product, dot cn is geared for national security and therefore subject to heavy scrutiny from the police. Dot cn is great for business that want to protect their commercial data from the Americans because China own the Root. But if you have nothing to hide, .com/.net will work just fine. Actually, China treat .com/.net as something of their own; Chinese business use .com/.net to make tons of dollars every year for only $8 domain fee. VeriSign has done an excellent job for China.

Giant
6th January 2010, 10:15 AM
.... he currently lives in Shanghai.

Are you from National Security Department? :)