PDA

View Full Version : Google keyword tool search word order relevancy

18th February 2010, 09:55 PM
Hello,

Google keywords search treats 日本新聞.com the same as 新聞日本.com, so it ignores keyword order. (JapanNewspaper.com and NewspaperJapan.com)

How can I make it so Google Keyword tool gives me the exact search results for the exact keyword order, instead of the same search results when I flip the two words?

NameYourself
18th February 2010, 10:07 PM
On the keyword tool page there is a dropdown box labeled "Match Type", simply select EXACT match rather than BROAD to get those characters exactly as you typed them. So using your keywords for example:

Broad:
新聞日本 - 246000
日本新聞 - 246000

Exact:
[新聞日本] - 260
[日本新聞] - 880

As you can see there is quite a difference, and you can also tell that the 日本新聞 order is about 3 to 4X as popular. However only several hundred exact match searches is not all that high overall. Exact Match most of the time can be much more useful than broad match.. all broad tells you is how many times that character is a part of all searches.. so words like "of" "and" "to the" etc.. would all have high broad searches, but likely very few exact matches in comparison.. It helps in determining if the term is popular as a standalone keyword.

squirrel
19th February 2010, 03:19 AM
I would also suggest using overture instead of google adwords keyword tool

zaclondon
19th February 2010, 08:52 AM

Why's that? Adwords KW tool is kept up-to-update and comes straight from the big G. Does the overtrue KW tool still exist?

alexd
19th February 2010, 09:35 AM

Didn't the overture tool go the way of the dodo ??

domainguru
19th February 2010, 09:41 AM
Didn't the overture tool go the way of the dodo ??

About 4 years ago ....

squirrel
22nd February 2010, 12:46 AM
What'S that ---> http://www.keywordadvisetoolplus.com/ ?

I thought it used a database by overture

alpha
22nd February 2010, 07:01 AM
What'S that ---> http://www.keywordadvisetoolplus.com/ ?

I thought it used a database by overture

yes, it's a partial extract of the overture data, and the results as mentioned are a few years old.

Very useful for generics, but useless for fashionable terms that come and go.