PDA

View Full Version : Sedo to support Afrikaans Domains

blastfromthepast
19th February 2010, 07:14 PM
Gary, we are definitely committed to fully support every single character on the planet very shortly.

Our coverage however has been very broad for a long time. We fully support:
* Afrikaans
* Albanian
* Breton
* Catalan
* Danish
* English (UK and US)
* Faroese
* Galician
* German
* Icelandic
* Irish (new orthography)
* Italian
* Kurdish (The Kurdish Unified Alphabet)
* Latin (basic classical orthography)
* Leonese
* Luxembourgish (basic classical orthography)
* Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk)
* Occitan
* Portuguese (Portuguese and Brazilian)
* Rhaeto-Romanic
* Scottish Gaelic
* Spanish
* Swahili
* Swedish
* Walloon
* Basque

We have full support of the following except for some extremely rare cases:

# Dutch (missing IJ, ij but these should always be represented as IJ or ij in electronic form)
# Estonian (missing Š, š, Ž, ž for loan words)
# Old English and French (missing Œ, œ and the very rare Ÿ; they are generally replaced by ‘OE’ and ‘oe’ without the normally required ligature, and ‘Y’ without the diaeresis)
# Finnish (missing Š, š, Ž, ž for loan words)
# Hungarian (missing Ő, ő, Ű, ű)
# Welsh (missing Ŵ, ŵ, Ŷ, ŷ)

more info on this wiki page

When you try to list a chinese character on Sedo.com you will indeed get a message saying such domain cannot be sold yet. I apologize for this annoyance and we’ll eliminate this restriction very shortly.

http://www.elliotsblog.com/idn-series-questions-answers-48741/comment-page-1#comment-18985

Rubber Duck
19th February 2010, 08:07 PM
In other words, all languages represented in the Latin Script. These guys really do everything but English, or at least no English I can bloody understand!

alpha
19th February 2010, 08:11 PM
latest comment (http://www.elliotsblog.com/idn-series-questions-answers-48741)from Sedo: "full UTF-8 support"

squirrel
19th February 2010, 08:17 PM
Wow, you guys really squeezed the words out of Nunez

Rubber Duck
19th February 2010, 08:25 PM
Wow, you guys really squeezed the words out of Nunez

Yes, but can you really trust a word these guys say?

I will believe it when Ron is posting sales.

alpha
19th February 2010, 08:34 PM
Yes, but can you really trust a word these guys say?

I share your skepticism, but if the VP of dev wants to hang himself out to dry on a highly trafficed blog like Elliots, then good luck to him.

So I think this has a chance of turning out different from the usual minions that have dropped by this forum and fed us BS over the years.

but we'll see soon enough I guess.

Rubber Duck
19th February 2010, 08:36 PM
I share your skepticism, but if the VP of dev wants to hang himself out to dry on a highly trafficed blog like Elliots, then good luck to him.

So I think this has a chance of turning out different from the usual minions that have dropped by this forum and fed us BS over the years.

but we'll see soon enough I guess.

Well for the English Speakers amongst us, that would be next Friday, but I guess they will be too busy pandering to the Walloons.

blastfromthepast
20th February 2010, 05:20 AM
February 18th, 2010 at 10:49 am

Gary, Normm,
Sedo will add support for Chinese, Japanese and other “multi-byte” characters IDNs starting next week,
Thanks for all your feedbak and input,
Regards,

http://www.elliotsblog.com/idn-series-questions-answers-48741

28th January 2009, 08:18 AM
Sedo

Re: Contact with Sedo
Hey Everyone,

We are looking to develop in the area of IDN sales and we are currently working on the technical aspects on how we could do this. I am happy to have the opportunity on this forum to collect your thoughts as IDN domainers.

This isn't a move out of desperation but there are alot of good IDN domains that we currently can't support. We want to move in the direction to support these domains and give the IDN domain owners a chance to sell their domains through our marketplace.

Best Regards,

John Jacobsen

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/20598-contact-with-sedo.html#post127657

bumblebee man
20th February 2010, 12:43 PM
Iñupiaq still missing. :(