PDA

View Full Version : Average PPC - what to expect

Explorer
2nd May 2006, 07:09 PM
Average bid for keywords was $1.39 in 1Q06, so what can we expect in the long run for our IDNs? Right now I am getting somewhere around 9 cents on my ND portfolio and way lower than that at SC. I understand that everybody (Google, ND, SC) needs to make money, but leaving >90% on the table is a little too much. Plus, I don't think our keywords are average on average. The situation will change in the future, of course, but by how much?

I was trying to figure out what people are getting on their ASCII PPC on average lately, so that would be a good starting point. Any experience with large ASCII portfolios? Any guesstimates?

touchring
2nd May 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm getting 11-12 cents on average over a few hundred clicks. The stats on Sedo are no better (lower PPC. but much higher CTR for French and German ESPECIALLY due to local ads - someone should tell Ed :) ). I got only misery 11-13% average CTR for German, while Sedo can get at least 30%.

Firstly, some questions on how to maximize PPC.

1. It is better to set all to certain keywords like Gambling?
2. Portal or One click - which is better?
3. Is it better to leave keyword empty and let Google decide what theme to use?
4. ND has come out with a new template style setting, which style will maximize click through? Basic 1, Basic 2, JSX, Canvas, Search etc. By the way, you can "preview" the style by clicking on 'Refresh'.

Explorer
2nd May 2006, 07:41 PM
These are all good points, I agree. But can we expect our IDNs to generate something close to what ASCII names are generating in average PPC in the long run? 25 cents? 30 cents? Or is it too much?

touchring
2nd May 2006, 07:47 PM
No, 30 cents per click is impossible even with adsense for an average portfolio with diverse subjects.

yanni
2nd May 2006, 09:49 PM
My average ascii with sedo over the past 3 years is $0.11
Namedrive idn last 3 months is $0.10

Not comparable time periods, or traffic volume, but the overall picture looks similar to me.

Things will change for idn in the coming months/years as more local inventory is available thru Google, I think.
Depending on locality we may see different levels of ppc. My fear is it may be lower in a lot of cases.