PDA

View Full Version : Namedrive: Why do domains suddenly get clicks the day before they expire?

jacksonm
4th April 2010, 11:50 AM
Did you ever notice how a domain that never gets a type-in or click during the entire year suddenly gets type-ins and high-value clicks from the country in question the day or two before the domain expires?

Is this really a coincidence?

yanni
4th April 2010, 05:58 PM
coinkidink.
I've noticed that as well in the past.

rhys
4th April 2010, 06:06 PM
prospective buyers who have the domain on an expiration list checking out the merchandise? I do that.

alexd
4th April 2010, 06:25 PM
prospective buyers who have the domain on an expiration list checking out the merchandise? I do that.

But don't you think that doing that would alert the owner of the domain to the fact that there might be others interested in it ?? Wouldn't it be better to wait for the name to have expired first - then in theory ( if the DNS of the domain changes to the registrars as it has expired ), any checking you do on it won't be recorded as a visit at Namedrive ??

Just my thoughts on this, as its also something I've seen with a few of my domains at ND that are/were close to expiry.

Alex

websjapan
4th April 2010, 10:13 PM
i sometimes get a click for dozens of domains i have at the same time. its almost like someone is going through my portfolio using the associated whois email as a sort filter.

strange.

rhys
5th April 2010, 03:33 PM
I get that a lot as well.

yanni
5th April 2010, 05:27 PM
It is the clicks that are of concern here, not the visits.

thefabfive
5th April 2010, 06:13 PM
I always assumed it was registrars trying to make you think it's worth renewing.

yanni
5th April 2010, 06:15 PM
yup

Muhammad Mustafa
9th April 2010, 03:25 AM
haven't noticed that myself, I moved back to Sedo temporarily till developing projects id finished

buy as yanni said, its the matter of clicks that matters, even if you would do that check you won't click ads to give the owner a good reason to keep it, would you??

kwidn
17th August 2010, 05:32 AM
i sometimes get a click for dozens of domains i have at the same time. its almost like someone is going through my portfolio using the associated whois email as a sort filter.

strange.

Same here.
I also find my newly registered & parked domains get visited quite a few times the first week or so, then the traffics decrease. I suppose those traffics are from domainers checking out some published lists of newly registered domain names.