PDA

View Full Version : Free Pre-Registration of tel-domains with special characters

secura
17th April 2010, 09:37 AM
ICANN accredited registrar Secura has announced today, that the company is accepting pre-registrations of tel-domains with special characters.

On 15th of June 2010, at 3pm BST, the registry of tel-domains will launch Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in sixteen languages. If you want tel-domains like Jörn.tel, Júlia.tel or Bjørn.tel, or a Chlöe.tel, or you want to use native script brand names, you will be able to register your own .tel name in your own language from Tuesday, 15th June 2010. Initially, Telnic will make available IDNs in Chinese, Danish, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.

Further languages will be added in future based on community feedback and availability of language tables.

Registrations will be on a first-come, first served basis.

Hans-Peter Oswald
http://www.domainregistry.de/tel-domain.html

alpha
17th April 2010, 02:32 PM
too expensive.

sarcle
17th April 2010, 07:06 PM
.Tel is a friggin' joke. I would need to be paid to pre-register one.

bumblebee man
17th April 2010, 07:46 PM
50 Dollars per year. :eek: Gonna buy Lehman stocks instead.

domainguru
18th April 2010, 02:48 AM

Darned - no Hindi. I was hoping Mr virgin leaser might acquire a few "premium" Hindi.tels and make us one of his not-to-be-missed dev offers. Maybe Hindi in the 2nd wave - I'll still be here ... but will Mr virgin leaser? ....

sarcle
18th April 2010, 04:02 AM
Darned - no Hindi. I was hoping Mr virgin leaser might acquire a few "premium" Hindi.tels and make us one of his not-to-be-missed dev offers. Maybe Hindi in the 2nd wave - I'll still be here ... but will Mr virgin leaser? ....

I'll personally lease a virgin from him if there is a return policy. :lol:

I tried that once, IRL, in high-school but the parents didn't like the "condition" I returned her in.

BTW, I lease used condoms on my Japanese condom domain. I just wash them, turn them inside out, and resell them. Is there a problem with that?

I mean, as long as you aren't using the same side right?

domainguru
18th April 2010, 04:34 AM
I'll personally lease a virgin from him if there is a return policy. :lol:

I tried that once, IRL, in high-school but the parents didn't like the "condition" I returned her in.

BTW, I lease used condoms on my Japanese condom domain. I just wash them, turn them inside out, and resell them. Is there a problem with that?

I mean, as long as you aren't using the same side right?

A used condomanium site ..... nice

At least you wash them ..... kudos for that.

I've never managed to use a condom more than once - they normally break - I'd like to believe its because of certain "genetic characteristics", but I am told on good authority that isn't the case at all, and I simply need to stop buying the cheapskate "3 Thai-sized condoms for 10B" in the local Tesco toilet and all will be well. When I stop being a cheapksate I will try it out.

But heck, if they really did last more than once, I could plan for my very own condomanium site in Thai ...... just gonna reg that in Thai once I work out how Thais say "buy-used-condoms" (without the hyphens obviously).... not a popular Thai search term, but probably double the searches of any Hindi term. sorry couldn't resist that :cool:

sarcle
18th April 2010, 04:41 AM
A used condomanium site ..... nice

At least you wash them ..... kudos for that.

I've never managed to use a condom more than once - they normally break - I'd like to believe its because of certain "genetic characteristics", but I am told on good authority that isn't the case at all, and I simply need to stop buying the cheapskate "3 Thai-sized condoms for 10B" in the local Tesco toilet and all will be well. When I stop being a cheapksate I will try it out.

But heck, if they really did last more than once, I could plan for my very own condomanium site in Thai ...... just gonna reg that in Thai once I work out how Thais say "buy-used-condoms" (without the hyphens obviously).... not a popular Thai search term, but probably double the searches of any Hindi term. sorry couldn't resist that :cool:

LMAO.

How do I respond to that? lol. :lol: More rep coming your way. You made my night.

I'll give you credit were credit is due. My best Thai beat Hindi hands down. Period.

BTW, stop buying cheap Thai condoms in restrooms. You may end up with another "Young Guru." Then how are you supposed to buy your vacation home from IDN?

domainguru
18th April 2010, 04:45 AM
LMAO.

How do I respond to that? lol. :lol: More rep coming your way. You made my night.

I'll give you credit were credit is due. My best Thai beat Hindi hands down. Period.

BTW, stop buying cheap Thai condoms in restrooms. You may end up with another "Young Guru." Then how are you supposed to buy your vacation home from IDN?

What's a rest-room? I have mixed Thai-English blood, don't know a rest-room from a chest-room.

Didn't start off mixed of course, used to be pure English blood, but that's what you get from spending too much time in Thai Tesco loos (look "loos" up if you don't get it).

My worst Thai term gets more searches than the best Hindi one .... sad (for some) but nearly true.

peace

sarcle
18th April 2010, 05:02 AM
My worst Thai term gets more searches than the best Hindi one .... sad (for some) but nearly true.

peace

That's my only regret. Thai was an open field late '05 to early-mid 06. Then Bill had to come in reg all the .nets and all the available .coms. Friggin' Bill.

I still have that email he sent me with that smug happy, "Hey, I see you've registered the .coms to my .nets." Damn you Bill!

I honestly can't wait to come to Thailand. But, I only worry about the riots. How are the red shirts and the gov. doing? I only get what I read. Is it as big as the news makes it to be? Obviously, we all can't be there.

domainguru
18th April 2010, 05:14 AM
That's my only regret. Thai was an open field late '05 to early-mid 06. Then Bill had to come in reg all the .nets and all the available .coms. Friggin' Bill.

I still have that email he sent me with that smug happy, "Hey, I see you've registered the .coms to my .nets." Damn you Bill!

I honestly can't wait to come to Thailand. But, I only worry about the riots. How are the red shirts and the gov. doing? I only get what I read. Is it as big as the news makes it to be? Obviously, we all can't be there.

Nah, its fuck all in terms of "physical danger". Don't be a tourist I beg you, with that "somebody threw a can of Red bull, let's leave the country" kind of attitude. it stinks.

if worst comes to worst, I'll set my 15 dogs on anyone that wants to fuck us up. Come over, I'll put you up. That's a threat, not a promise :)

lee

sarcle
18th April 2010, 05:49 AM
Nah, its fuck all in terms of "physical danger". Don't be a tourist I beg you, with that "somebody threw a can of Red bull, let's leave the country" kind of attitude. it stinks.

if worst comes to worst, I'll set my 15 dogs on anyone that wants to fuck us up. Come over, I'll put you up. That's a threat, not a promise

lee

Sweet, so I'll take you up on that. Get ready, I'm moving in. ;)

I always told Gamma that I'd never blend in an Asian country, as I'm a 6+ foot tall, white, American, dude.

I once had a problem in early 2003 in Sušice‎, Czech Republic, I believe they mine sulfur there. Then I started to dance in this cave-like studio on Christmas Eve. My girlfriend at the time was from a near by smaller town. They had never seen Rizza from Wu-Tang. I was pimpin'.

Tell me Thailand is like that..... :lol: Everyone loves THE WU.

Wot
18th April 2010, 06:23 AM

if worst comes to worst, I'll set my 15 dogs on anyone that wants to fuck us up. Come over, I'll put you up. That's a threat, not a promise :)

lee

I'll add my 2 dogs to increase the security factor. :)

One thing all this adverse news is doing is producing some great deals on the golf courses up here, but not good for the economy. TIT

Wot
18th April 2010, 06:26 AM

I did renew IDN.tel :yes:

domainguru
18th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Sweet, so I'll take you up on that. Get ready, I'm moving in.

I always told Gamma that I'd never blend in an Asian country, as I'm a 6+ foot tall, white, American, dude.

I once had a problem in early 2003 in Sušice‎, Czech Republic, I believe they mine sulfur there. Then I started to dance in this cave-like studio on Christmas Eve. My girlfriend at the time was from a near by smaller town. They had never seen Rizza from Wu-Tang. I was pimpin'.

Tell me Thailand is like that..... Everyone loves THE WU.

There's no point trying to blend in. Blending out will do just fine. Thais like Hagrid anyway :)

Don't think you'll find many Wu-Tang fans here though of course all the kidz are into their hip-hop. They don't call it rap for obvious Asian pronunciation reasons. The last time I was into rap was Public Enemy in the 80's which John Peel (RIP) introduced me to. After that it all got a bit overground and shitty for my taste but I'm sure there is still a great underground scene.

Hard to find any decent focused clubs here as well. Its like "2 hours of rap" followed by "2 hours of dance" until closing time. better to open 2 clubs, one for rap, one for dance, if you ask me, but nobody did.

The whole scene has been pretty much destroyed the last few years by earlier and earlier closing times, constant police raids, blah blah blah. The only safe clubs are the ones owned by the cops of course, but as you know, cops have no taste in anything least of all music / lights, they just like the cash ..... and hence back to rap music ;)

Come on over - just don't tell my gf its a permanent thing until after you've bought her the first 10 rounds ...

domainguru
18th April 2010, 03:08 PM
I did renew IDN.tel :yes:

But at least you didn't pre-reg it ...... btw, hit "reply" and saw a very stark "COLOR=red" in your quote. Is this some kind of coded Thai message? If so, I will have to fight back with "COLOR= .... I really don't give a *** any more - just stop fighting with each other"

btw, if you can think a witty message to stick on a t-shirt please let me know and I'll wear it. I'm sick of people asking me stuff like "choop Taksin may?" for the 10th time in the supermarket just cause I've got a freaking red shirt on. I need a witty reply I can put on the back of the t-shirt. Obviously I wouldn't say it to them, just smile, walk away, and let them see the quip for themselves....

So quips on a postcard please ... and I'll have a think as well....

Wot
19th April 2010, 12:56 AM
btw, if you can think a witty message to stick on a t-shirt please let me know and I'll wear it. I'm sick of people asking me stuff like "choop Taksin may?" for the 10th time in the supermarket just cause I've got a freaking red shirt on. I need a witty reply I can put on the back of the t-shirt. Obviously I wouldn't say it to them, just smile, walk away, and let them see the quip for themselves....

So quips on a postcard please ... and I'll have a think as well....

"Give peace a chance" -Lennon

I will think some more, time this was resolved without further loss of life, unfortunately short term seems unlikely.

BTW- look at the color of my house (http://www.chiangmai.cn) .

sarcle
19th April 2010, 03:47 AM
Thais like Hagrid anyway :)

Snap. lol.

btw, if you can think a witty message to stick on a t-shirt please let me know and I'll wear it.

"It's just a fucking color!" - Sarcle

domainguru
19th April 2010, 04:08 AM
"Give peace a chance" -Lennon

I will think some more, time this was resolved without further loss of life, unfortunately short term seems unlikely.

BTW- look at the color of my house (http://www.chiangmai.cn) .

Lovely house :) good lemony colour as well ..... I'd love a pool but since I'm a lazy **** I'd have to employ a Thai to take care of it, and I'm none too keen of letting lots of unknowns into my property now, a few too many previous "incidents" for my liking. Not to mention it would be sink or swim time for our puppies ;-)

I didn't get inspired with a logo for my red T-shirt either - perhaps "my other T-shirt is yellow", plays into the idea that farang blokes are "unclean" .... but no, nothing good yet.

Was up most of the night as water started dripping (heavily) out of the bedroom air-con. Any advice? My gf reckons its because I turn it on for too long and too "cool" but thats the point of air-con right, how else are you supposed to survive the ridiculously hot weather, apart from moving to chiang-mai maybe.

I don't quite have enough of any of the currencies listed in your price drop-down to purchase this week, but I do have an astonishingly large collection of 7-Eleven mickey mouse stamps. can you add a drop-down for those? Please make it gold stamp compatible, as I have several of those as well. let me know when the site is updated !!

It's just a fucking color! - Sarcle Yeah, nice, could be a bit too "straight shooting" for the Thai supermarket crowd, but if I go with it, I'll make sure you get all royalties due :)

Todayisp
8th June 2010, 07:37 AM
Chinese IDN, cheer up!

alexd
8th June 2010, 11:53 AM
Chinese IDN, cheer up!

Don't you have anything else to do apart from spamming here ??

domainguru
7th April 2011, 08:53 PM

A year on, no riots (today). Still coming??? :)