mulligan
3rd May 2010, 06:05 PM
What?

yanni
3rd May 2010, 08:46 PM
sold at sedo for 4 k

Emil
3rd May 2010, 09:19 PM
seems like 2 of them were sold: королев.com and королёв.com versions, both 4grand

bwhhisc
3rd May 2010, 09:33 PM
The .com, .net and .tv all owned by same person.

This is a persons name? Lots of picture of men.
Google translate says "Queen" but the photos don't fit.

sarcle
3rd May 2010, 09:37 PM
Lots of picture of men.
Google translate says "Queen" but the photos don't fit.

Unless it has the same meaning it does in the states. Then it would fit well.

squirrel
3rd May 2010, 09:40 PM
It's a city with 175 K pop

blastfromthepast
3rd May 2010, 10:04 PM
It is a family name that means 'of the King'.

chrisofmel
3rd May 2010, 10:14 PM
$4000 each? or 4k total?

chrisofmel
3rd May 2010, 10:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korolyov_%28city%29 could be a tourist destination like the kennedy space center.

DktoInc
4th May 2010, 05:15 AM
Sergei Pavlovich Korolev (1907-1966) is widely regarded as the founder of the Soviet space program. Involved in pre-World War II studies of rocketry in the USSR, Korolev, like many of his colleagues, went through Stalin's prisons and later participated in the search for rocket technology in occupied Germany. His incredible energy, intelligence, belief in the prospects of rocket technology, managerial abilities and almost mythical skills in decision-making made him the head of the first Soviet rocket development center, known today as RKK Energia. He deserves the most credits for turning rocket weapons into an instrument of space exploration and making the Soviet Union the world's first space-faring nation.

or

http://korolev.ru/main

or

the tennis player

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Evgeny-Korolev.aspx

alpha
4th May 2010, 05:25 AM
What I find unbelievable is not the price or the domain, but the fact someone managed to find this domain using Sedos crappy search function (that only allows you to filter Spanish, German etc European languages)

I think its safe to assume the buyer has telepathic or other mystic abilities

sarcle
4th May 2010, 05:36 AM
What I find unbelievable is not the price or the domain, but the fact someone managed to find this domain using Sedos crappy search function (that only allows you to filter Spanish, German etc European languages)

What I find unbelievable is that the .tv and the .net forward to a site that is completely in Russian. No English translation or anything. How do they expect people to read the site? I mean Russian is pretty much a dead language anyways right?

I also am regretting a few sales I've made. :(

khurtsiya
5th May 2010, 06:15 AM
Redirects to kingwww.com GoDaddy park page. Nice...

RussianDomainer
5th May 2010, 01:11 PM
$4000 each? or 4k total?

chrisofmel, it was $4K each, I know firsthand :)

chrisofmel
5th May 2010, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=RussianDomainer;160539]chrisofmel, it was $4K each, I know firsthand :)[ thanks for update,that makes the sale even better, i assume it was a russian buyer?

RussianDomainer
5th May 2010, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=RussianDomainer;160539]chrisofmel, it was $4K each, I know firsthand :)[ thanks for update,that makes the sale even better, i assume it was a russian buyer?

judging by WHOIS information - yes. I communicated with him only through Sedo's anonimous buyer/seller contact form.

Teo
5th May 2010, 02:00 PM
Any news when the Cyrillic characters will be visible with .com?

5th May 2010, 02:18 PM
Teo, No date as of now. It was a question of if and when before, the if is gone so we are all waiting on the when.
You will be able to visit Россия.рф in or possibly prior to the end of September. All indications show that it is a maximum of 12 months before we will also be able to visit Россия.ком

Congrats on your sale RussianDomainer.

RussianDomainer
5th May 2010, 02:30 PM

thanks, Michael

chrisofmel
5th May 2010, 03:44 PM
yes congrats on your sale RussianDomainer

RussianDomainer
5th May 2010, 04:05 PM
yes congrats on your sale RussianDomainer

thanks, chrisofmel

ozgurcelik
5th May 2010, 04:26 PM
thanks, Michael

Congrats. May I ask why you had registered it or why you think the buyer bought it? I read the explanations above and it seems for $4k, you can still buy more mainstream stuff than these domains nowadays?

RussianDomainer
5th May 2010, 04:31 PM
Congrats. May I ask why you had registered it or why you think the buyer bought it? I read the explanations above and it seems for $4k, you can still buy more mainstream stuff than these domains nowadays?

thanks, ozgurcelik

I grew up in Russia, so I know importance of this name in Russian language.

1. it's a common last name (that's why buyer bought it - it's his name)

2. it's a name of a celebrated rocket scientist who lead Russian successes in space - first sputnik and first man's flight into space

3. it's a name of the city with a population over 100K near Moscow

As I remember, I won both names on auctions - or at least one of them I did.

5th May 2010, 04:32 PM

chrisofmel
5th May 2010, 05:02 PM
yes its the buyers last name, what i don't get is he owns the .tv .net and they all forward to a site cmd.ru which have no connection to this domain unless he is the chairman or owner of company. ''CMD is a leader in providing registrar services in Russia and offers full service for keeping registers of securities holders'' they also provide full maintenance, share transfer, updating stockholder list, dividend payments, shareholder meetings ect. ect. and provide transparency for stock holders. in accordance to Russian law.

alpha
5th May 2010, 07:38 PM

+1 from me.

bwhhisc
5th May 2010, 07:44 PM
Nice sale...congrats!

RussianDomainer
6th May 2010, 01:15 AM
+1 from me.

thanks, alpha

RussianDomainer
6th May 2010, 01:17 AM
Nice sale...congrats!

thank you, bwhhisc

glow
10th May 2010, 02:10 PM
Sales published at DNJournal
Congrats Volodya!

RussianDomainer
10th May 2010, 02:41 PM
Sales published at DNJournal
Congrats Volodya!

thanks, Glow - I wanted much more though for these two names, it's just my situation forced me to compromise

bramiozo
10th May 2010, 03:34 PM
Nice, congrats !

RussianDomainer
10th May 2010, 03:53 PM
Nice, congrats !

thanks, Bram. From one hand - it's a nice sale for me because I was able to renew so many names, register new ones and renew some of the most valuable ones for many years ahead, as well as buy some good ones on auctions and from sellers on forums. But in my opinion, if I've kept these very same names for, say 3 more years, I would have got significantly higher offers.

bramiozo
10th May 2010, 04:16 PM
That's the dilemma all domain owners have to face once every year, until the moment comes that the domains support themselves you have to let go of dead weight :) .

pibbz
10th May 2010, 05:44 PM
Отличная сделка, поздравляю!)
Сongrats!

RussianDomainer
11th May 2010, 02:01 AM
Отличная сделка, поздравляю!)
Сongrats!

thanks, pibbz

energia
16th December 2010, 03:13 PM
What I find unbelievable is that the .tv and the .net forward to a site that is completely in Russian. No English translation or anything. How do they expect people to read the site? I mean Russian is pretty much a dead language anyways right?

I also am regretting a few sales I've made. :(

And why is Russian a dead language anyway? I haven't been here for a while. Have I missed something? :)

yanni
16th December 2010, 03:23 PM
...Have I missed something? :)

You missed the tongue-in-cheek apparently

:p

Rubber Duck
16th December 2010, 03:54 PM

They truly are wankers. They keep asking me for an invoice by email but don't give me the details or a reply address. They tell you to log onto the site but I seem to be locked. And then they keep harassing you with repeat emails. What the fuck. If they want something, you would at least think they wouild make it bloody simple for you to assist them!

sarcle
18th December 2010, 06:02 AM
You missed the tongue-in-cheek apparently

:p

No she didn't. ;)

energia
22nd December 2010, 02:15 AM
No she didn't. ;)

No, I didn't, thanks to you, sarcle ;) Still trying to figure out what I should do with my dead-language Russian IDNs though...

bumblebee man
22nd December 2010, 07:29 AM
No, I didn't, thanks to you, sarcle ;) Still trying to figure out what I should do with my dead-language Russian IDNs though...

No worries. I take care of them if you want. ;)