PDA

View Full Version : At least 50 new names on whois for IDNs (What's going on?)

phio
14th May 2010, 08:38 PM
Is there a silent gold rush going on?

Any thoughts?

squirrel
14th May 2010, 08:43 PM
what do you mean 50 new names ? you routinely check the whois info of all IDNs :confused:

or maybe you're checking drops only ?

phio
14th May 2010, 08:47 PM
what do you mean 50 new names ? you routinely check the whois info of all IDNs :confused:

I've been checking the .nets ect of some of my names, also some new terms I thought were worth regging and have seen many new people on the whois.

It used to be the same 30 or so IDNers....

squirrel
14th May 2010, 08:52 PM
Outside of the premium array of names, there's a lot more than 30 "regulars", in my limited knowledge.

alexd
14th May 2010, 09:00 PM
Phio - any languages in particular that you are noticing this ?? I've noticed the past few months or so that with Greek IDNs, there have been a couple of "new" people registering a wide number of Greek IDNs.

Alex

phio
14th May 2010, 09:00 PM
Outside of the premium array of names, there's a lot more than 30 "regulars", in my limited knowledge.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'm just seeing lot's of new names these days on the whois. Have IDNs gone mainstream?:o

phio
14th May 2010, 09:22 PM
Phio - any languages in particular that you are noticing this ?? I've noticed the past few months or so that with Greek IDNs, there have been a couple of "new" people registering a wide number of Greek IDNs.

Alex

Yes, but not just a few 'new' people...and there is not really consistency with regard to language vs. home address. Are you seeing this trend?

squirrel
14th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Have IDNs gone mainstream?:o

By the end of the summer, probably so

Steve Clarke
14th May 2010, 10:06 PM
Lots of (new) natives registering their respective languages as well.

sarcle
14th May 2010, 10:09 PM
Lots of (new) natives registering their respective languages as well.

I personally think it's all Mensa members.

tee1
14th May 2010, 10:24 PM
didn't RD say the other day the fat lady is making her way to the stage, well I think she is doing a sound check now. IMO its "game over'

lots of names going to snap that are dropping, names that 1 month ago would be caught by one of us. dynadot has alot of snipping going on( maybe they alway did I jsut didn't notice)

its sad on one hand but enviable on the other.

btw WTH did you guy not notice 12K SOLD by idnnewsletter. maybe that is just pocket change for you :)

mulligan
15th May 2010, 02:55 AM
I seen the sales on DNJ, seems to have been corrected now but e-commerce was 'available to reg' when I checked .. Seems Ron missed a character off the front of the domain.

Avtal
15th May 2010, 05:52 AM
didn't RD say the other day the fat lady is making her way to the stage, well I think she is doing a sound check now.

I'm waiting for the next act (the opening aria?), which I predict will take place when people with money start scooping up entire categories: for instance, all remaining Russian four-letter nouns, all remaining stations of the Moscow Metro, etc.

Avtal

domainguru
15th May 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm waiting for the next act (the opening aria?), which I predict will take place when people with money start scooping up entire categories: for instance, all remaining Russian four-letter nouns, all remaining stations of the Moscow Metro, etc.

Avtal

Will never happen dude, nice as it sounds.

Avtal
15th May 2010, 05:42 PM
Will never happen dude, nice as it sounds.

Oh well. I guess that sort of thing won't happen until well after the IDN bubble inflates.

(There will be an IDN bubble, right? Please? I would like, for once, to participate in a bubble as a seller rather than as a buyer).

Avtal

DktoInc
15th May 2010, 09:56 PM
Oh well. I guess that sort of thing won't happen until well after the IDN bubble inflates.

(There will be an IDN bubble, right? Please? I would like, for once, to participate in a bubble as a seller rather than as a buyer).

Avtal

Avtal, Everything is on the right track. I checked upstairs. :yes:

16th May 2010, 08:34 PM

16th May 2010, 08:35 PM
?

bwhhisc
16th May 2010, 10:09 PM

What is the temperature at dommenforum net?
Any small change of hearts and minds over there...

16th May 2010, 10:21 PM

No mention to .рф going live on www.SearchEngines.ru ,
Someone tell them ignoring it won't make it go away. Nothing will make it go away at this point and time.

Some news articles and videos from the past week (Remember the days 1 idn related article was a holiday?)

News:
http://news.google.com/news/story?pz=1&cf=all&ned=ru_ru&hl=ru&q=%D1%80%D1%84+%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8B&ncl=doE9ddbMEy-mF1MmtEaquZ-3CC6JM

http://news.google.com/news/story?pz=1&cf=all&ned=ru_ru&hl=ru&q=%D1%80%D1%84+%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8B&ncl=dtOF8HW9dde_STMjfRiAr0ugsHQGM

http://news.google.com/news/story?pz=1&cf=all&ned=ru_ru&hl=ru&q=%D1%80%D1%84+%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8B&ncl=d8y8NoEE5tqoJHMkqp7e81zP64bDM

Videos:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%D1%80%D1%84%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8B&hl=en&rlz=1C1RNCN_en___IL367&prmd=ln&resnum=4&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=qdr:w,nws:1,vid:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=nv

Blog posts:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%D1%80%D1%84+%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8B&hl=ru&tbo=s&tbs=blg:1,qdr:w&source=lnt&ei=7W_wS4riG8-G-QaTq7zoBA&sa=X&oi=tool&resnum=6&ct=tlink&ved=0CA0QpwU

IDNCowboy
16th May 2010, 10:24 PM
Finally time to celebrate ;P

Moshe are you still selling your russian names for $500 ? :P

16th May 2010, 10:42 PM
Moshe are you still selling your russian names for $500 ? :P
:lol: Dream on.

DktoInc
17th May 2010, 04:49 AM

I am sure they are patiently waiting for the .rf. even though they badmouth it all the way, they will get the first dips once its out. ow wait, I mean after the Feds are done with it.

Avtal
17th May 2010, 04:49 AM

DktoInc,

Thanks! But who is "upstairs"? Goldman Sachs? Ben Bernanke? Or (dare I hope) the bubble-master himself, Alan Greenspan?

Avtal

domainguru
17th May 2010, 04:51 AM
DktoInc,

Thanks! But who is "upstairs"? Goldman Sachs? Ben Bernanke? Or (dare I hope) the bubble-master himself, Alan Greenspan?

Avtal

If I know DKtoInc as much as I would like to think I know him, he is thinking higher, far far higher. Scary stuff:eek:

DktoInc
17th May 2010, 05:01 AM
If I know DKtoInc as much as I would like to think I know him, he is thinking higher, far far higher. Scary stuff:eek:

Dude, Mensa members who count people in trillions is scary stuff.
owning sex.com in ASCII is scary stuff.

and you know me as well you would like to think you know me.

The one upstairs is planning to attend the IDN party.

Clotho
17th May 2010, 05:25 PM
The one upstairs is planning to attend the IDN party.

Your mom is planning on attending? You talked her into buying a portfolio of recipe related domains right? :D

sarcle
17th May 2010, 05:41 PM
Your mom is planning on attending?

SNAP! Thanks for the Monday morning laugh. :yes:

IDNCowboy
17th May 2010, 07:10 PM
SNAP! Thanks for the Monday morning laugh. :yes:

Dad too??

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/what-hell-i-am-fully-fed-up-thread-409494.html

DktoInc
17th May 2010, 09:02 PM
lol, you guys are a bunch of kids on crack. especialy the monkey. I can sense lots of drug use from the way he types.

See you at the party, bring the favours.

:eek: