PDA

View Full Version : AdSense revenue share 68%

dave_5
24th May 2010, 11:59 PM
Hi,

Interesting news. Google pays 68% of the revenue collected from advertisers.

I always assumed that its 40 to us 60 Google.

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2010/05/adsense-revenue-share.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/tuAm+%28Inside+AdSense%29&utm_content=Google+International

"This means we pay 68% of the revenue that we collect from advertisers for AdSense for content ads that appear on your sites."

"We pay our AdSense for search partners a 51% revenue share"

jose
25th May 2010, 01:41 AM
68% of what? Thats the question. My quality score, that's what I want to know and that's what is hurting my profits the most.

Domain Stryker
25th May 2010, 03:56 AM
Heheh this reminds me about the blog post Google made in regards to click fraud some 3 years ago. I believe they quoted something like $1 billion in clicks / year is click fraud but industry insiders know it's much more than that. Same thing here, really... It's not 68% or 51% it's a fraction of that but hey, it's still better than nothing :)

Ryu
25th May 2010, 05:06 AM
It's not 68% or 51% it's a fraction of that but hey, it's still better than nothing :)

I guess that's too much of a conspiracy theory.

domainguru
25th May 2010, 05:59 AM
As ever, the pertinent question is "why now?" - Google has refused to name percentages since the beginning. Why now?

Domain Stryker
25th May 2010, 06:29 PM
Why now.... ? well, it's definitely not because they are feeling nice or anything like that :)

They have no competition from YPN since that is now gone... Only other reason for them to open up is because something huge is going on behind the scenes and that is really not that big of a surprise because there seems to be an increase in lawsuits filed all over the world VS. "google the almighty" and even governments are grilling them about many of it's policies where they say one thing but do the complete opposite.

bramiozo
25th May 2010, 07:33 PM
As ever, the pertinent question is "why now?" - Google has refused to name percentages since the beginning. Why now?

It has also been mysteriously difficult to get CTR figures, finally in Q3 of 2010 they are supposed to make both the number of clicks and the number of exact searches available in one API. If it get's delayed again I will put on my aluminium hat.