PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Arabic idns rule - dont register and just try to buy

basel
1st June 2010, 01:43 PM
after 7 months checking every thing in the whois database for arabic idns

i think that there is nothing worth to register after now

any guy interesting to develop a good site and choose a unique name for it , there is no way to say i can register a premium arabic idn

there is just one way now to register a good meaning arabic idn
and its by used the - between the words

i think its the time now to buy a good idn for someone looking to develop and snap a dropped great domain for some one like to resell , but to register i think there is no way

after checking alot of popular arabs forums i found that people in arabia start ask alot of where to register arabic idns or where to buy good one

and they are trying to forward some premium idns to there developed ascci sites at this time

also after 7 months checking the whois data base i found that there is a thousands new owners name listed on the domains from the arab countries

the truth i dont see tel now a quality idns for sales in the arabforums , they are using to sell the new 2009/2010 registered domains

thanks

alexd
1st June 2010, 01:53 PM
What about 2 letter words ?? Would you say there are still good ones of these left to register ??

And can I confirm that when you say ....
"there is just one way now to register a good meaning arabic idn
and its by used the - between the words "

you are referring to using a hyphen to seperate the words ??

Thanks as always

Alex

basel
1st June 2010, 01:59 PM
yes alex

because you know you cant used two words some times just when you used the hyphens

for me if i believe in the arabic idns future im sure that arab people will do a thousands new registrations using the hyphens soons

they will used the hyphens between the top traffic words to get traffic and ranking in the browsers

for sure there will be alot of different comments about used two letters arabic idns

but for me if the 1 letter.com worth 50k and i believe that , in the same time 2 letters .com for me worth Zero$

many thanks

DktoInc
1st June 2010, 04:43 PM
That's pretty good considering there is about 7 million words in arabic vs about 1 million english vs about 500,000 russian.

bumblebee man
2nd June 2010, 10:47 AM
I agree that the cream of one word names has been harvested - just like in any other major language. Hyphenated two word names should do well in the search engines. But even there names like العاب-فلاش or اغاني-عربية are long gone. I regged رقص-شرقي.net today but again this would probably need development.

domainguru
2nd June 2010, 12:10 PM
Don't think of domains as "words" -that's how we all started "back in the day", and how people ended up registering (and still renewing) crap like disingenuous.com

Dictionary terms are worth shit unless they are (a) brandable or (b) well searched for.

7 million? Probably 10K domains in any major language worth money at the moment. Bury the rest. Will never be worth shit.

basel
2nd June 2010, 12:26 PM
this is the good point domainguru you are right
and that why im saying its now time to buy and not to register

arabicidn
2nd June 2010, 12:38 PM
Let's open a real discussion on this matter and find a way to evaluate our domains.... :cool:

this is what I think
First the domain should be sold on the dot com we might be able to revisit the .net in the next months or so
second no short vowels at this stage

countries domain should not go less than 30K
capitals at least 20K
adult words at least 25K
Gambling words at least 25K
What do you think guys

the above domain will not be sold by any middle eastern governments so either our domains or no domains:yes:

your feedback is mush appreciated

domainguru
2nd June 2010, 01:02 PM
Let's open a real discussion on this matter and find a way to evaluate our domains.... :cool:

this is what I think
First the domain should be sold on the dot com we might be able to revisit the .net in the next months or so
second no short vowels at this stage

countries domain should not go less than 30K
capitals at least 20K
adult words at least 25K
Gambling words at least 25K
What do you think guys

the above domain will not be sold by any middle eastern governments so either our domains or no domains:yes:

your feedback is mush appreciated

domains fetch what they fetch. don't fantasize about what you think you want from them. doesn't work like that.

dabsi
2nd June 2010, 01:25 PM
Dreams are allowed
a German proverb says: trees never grow to the sky....

Based on Arabicidn price prospects, I should retire now.

Basel statement:
"after 7 months checking every thing in the whois database for arabic idns"

Every thing is a lot; but the trend is your friend; you would surprised to know which not listed arabic IDN is attracting the most visitors.

Registration is still a must (the contrary statement is a pure propaganda)

Registred last week:
السوبرماركت.net supermarket.net
and one good .com related to real estate (.net is still free).

Again follow your own intuition.

Have a nice long weekend.

Dabsi

arabicidn
2nd June 2010, 05:14 PM
Dabsi you sold alSaudi for less than 10k, it's very clear that you don't understand the market unless you think that domain is worth less than 10K... you guys are selling for $35 per domain holding it for over 5 years do the math you are playing not making money..... according to you this is not worth anyone's time

Rubber Duck
2nd June 2010, 05:18 PM
domains fetch what they fetch. don't fantasize about what you think you want from them. doesn't work like that.

Maybe, but try doing it the other way around and just offering what you would like and see how far you get! I think this guy actually is closer to the mark than Dabsi.

DktoInc
2nd June 2010, 07:02 PM
by the time Icann completes the gtlg alliasing from idn.ascii to idn.idn which hopefully be this year, .nets will be gone as well in most languages. Just wait for a little. The news about this hasn't been all that great so far. People here in Canada don't realy know anything about it yet. I am sure most of north america, is not aware. Even people who don't speak english as their naitive language don't realy know that IDN domains exsist. Give it some more time and see the result by end of the year.

Steve Clarke
2nd June 2010, 07:29 PM
If I had had the extra cash laying around, I would have paid $25k, for Saudi Arabia, and I would have thought I was making like a bandit.
I figure at least $250K, within 2 years...maybe sooner.

tee1
2nd June 2010, 09:32 PM
by the time Icann completes the gtlg alliasing from idn.ascii to idn.idn which hopefully be this year, .nets will be gone as well in most languages. Just wait for a little. The news about this hasn't been all that great so far. People here in Canada don't realy know anything about it yet. I am sure most of north america, is not aware. Even people who don't speak english as their naitive language don't realy know that IDN domains exsist. Give it some more time and see the result by end of the year.
What? No offense but I have never given a shit what the people in North America have thought of my IDNs (except for my fellow North American IDNers here at IDNF and sometimes I worry about some of them). So you think once gtld aliasing for idn.ascii to idn.idn happens .net are done WOW. hmmm maybe just maybe Verisign will alias .net as well as .coms :eek:

DktoInc
2nd June 2010, 11:09 PM
What? No offense but I have never given a shit what the people in North America have thought of my IDNs (except for my fellow North American IDNers here at IDNF and sometimes I worry about some of them). So you think once gtld aliasing for idn.ascii to idn.idn happens .net are done WOW. hmmm maybe just maybe Verisign will alias .net as well as .coms :eek:

No offense taken. Just consider the possibility that not only local markets may want to cater to the local public, but international companies may want to cater to international markets in local languages.

domainguru
3rd June 2010, 08:30 AM
Maybe, but try doing it the other way around and just offering what you would like and see how far you get! I think this guy actually is closer to the mark than Dabsi.

Sorry, I wasn't actually trying to compare anything to Dabsi. There is "far away from reality" and "far away from reality", both of these jokers count as far as I can see.

There's more than one spare room in the mental institute.

dabsi
4th June 2010, 09:21 AM
They are a lot of 50USD Domain traders around, I assume.

I have a small challenge for you:
Either you believe on your statements our your pockets are empty

Take:

Girl.com for 10.000 (just had a lower offer via Sedo from one of you)
Arab.com for 20.000
Directory.com (both for 8.000)
And all others minimum 8.000

So either you take the names within the 48 hours (price validity) Or you think before writing such a BS or you do not believe on IDN.

Again, for Saudi and Girls the prices have not been released.

It s really time to leave this place

Good Luck

Dabsi

alexd
4th June 2010, 10:09 AM
It s really time to leave this place

Good Luck

Dabsi

Don't let the door slam you in the arse on the way out !! ;)

touchring
4th June 2010, 02:38 PM
Dabsi you sold alSaudi for less than 10k, it's very clear that you don't understand the market unless you think that domain is worth less than 10K... you guys are selling for $35 per domain holding it for over 5 years do the math you are playing not making money..... according to you this is not worth anyone's time

Dabsi doesn't really believe in arabic idns. That's the issue.

dabsi
4th June 2010, 03:56 PM
Of course I believe on IDN.
There is track record on my side for French Spanish Arabic IDN at a high level.
The problem of this place are the'attacks' of some ignorants.
And it is not acceptable.
The same people just made an offer for 2 premiums for a ridiculous price €xxx

Now that's enough for this year; I reel I am wasting my time.
I have to set a minimum price on Sedo in order not to be disturbed anymore

Good Luck to everybody and to all the 'experts' around

Dabsi