PDA

View Full Version : New Exclusive IDN Auction Site Launching

emjohn
8th June 2010, 10:59 AM
Dear IDNers,

We have recently put up an exclusive IDN auction site catering to the highest quality IDNs. It is a submission-selection-auction system. IDNPulse.com takes in to consideration what domainers are looking for...the absolute best IDNs at a reasonable cost. Please check out the details at

IDN Pulse (http://www.idnpulse.com)

If you have domains to submit, please be sure to register and please check out our Domain Submissions (http://www.idnpulse.com/submit-domains) page before doing so.

So, everyone, here's to the continued prosperity of IDNs (the market is only getting bigger!) and we look forward to seeing you soon at IDN Pulse!

Sincerely,

The IdnPulse.com Team

has2hands
8th June 2010, 12:20 PM
best of luck.

emjohn
8th June 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the support!

alpha
8th June 2010, 04:15 PM
Looks interesting.

Would you mind clarifying the commission, currently the site says:

a. Seller agrees to pay IDNPulse.com/Rotskin Trade Co. a fee for each or any Domain sold (hereafter referred to as the “Fee”) equal to seven percent (10%) of the Actual Sales Price of the Domain and this Fee.

thanks and good luck.

emjohn
8th June 2010, 04:32 PM
Hi Oni,

It should read ten percent (10%), meaning the Seller will pay IDN Pulse a 10% commission fee based on the final bidding price. If a domain goes for $2000, a fee of $200 will be due to IDN Pulse and $2000 will be due to the Seller from the Buyer.

Thanks for the wishes.

Best Regards,

Mike

emjohn
9th June 2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks all for the positive reception and feedback we've received. The IDN community is growing!

DktoInc
9th June 2010, 04:11 PM
so there is 10% fee for what?
then I have to pay escrow.com a fee for escrow as well? or does the site come with built in escrow service?

Sorry i don't mean to stick your nose in crap like that, but I think you should do a little bit more research b4 building an IDN auction site.

really? does Секс.ru exist? I thought it wasnt allowed to reg IDN.ru. I know a few exsist from the beginning, I think Molvania has one.
How does Да.com become a premium? how does Да.ru become registered?

How do you tell apart premiums from prime?

emjohn
10th June 2010, 08:52 AM
Hi There,

Thanks for the questions.

1) question about escrow.
2) question about idn.ru
3) premium

1) In the case where there is an IDN sale that is above what Paypal or miniescrow
can handle we have suggested escrow as an alternative. In our experience, higher sales should be done through escrow. This is up to the buyer and seller and is not part of the service that we offer. This is how the buyer and seller prefer it. As far as justifying 10% commission, for the service we offer this is quite a standard fee. If you look at a number of other auction sites, we have just taken a mean between 7 and 15%, and established what we thought was reasonable in our opinion. For the higher value domains, most buyers and sellers do not mind using escrow. We are providing the means for sellers and buyers to exchange a premium domain, much like any other auction site.

2) The reference to the domains in our logo or in our example list in no way implies that we are selling these domain names. These are ONLY EXAMPLES of IDNs and every buyer must do due diligence before purchasing along with our own diligence.

In fact, this is a futuristic logo and the names in the logo do not reflect past or current sales or even available domains. There are also other idns in our logo which are futuristic in nature. But thank-you, we will take it under advisement, if it becomes a confusion for multiple domainers. If it is a confusion and feedback from domainers reflects that, we will gladly change it.

3) For the seasoned domainer, it is pretty clear what constitutes a "premium" domain. Please read our Domain Submissions (http://www.idnpulse.com/submit-domains) page carefully to get in the right direction. In a nutshell, a domainer has to be dead honest about the practical value of what she or he has. Because of the relative infancy of the IDN market, we have outlined pretty clearly those domains that have intuitive value. Да.com becomes a "premium" because it is two character, has a dot com extension , has immediate meaning and frequency of use in Russian, is a high quality acronym for a company and is immediately brandable. Go to IDN Tools Sales Report (http://www.idntools.com/idnsales.php), scan the domains and you'll get the picture. These are all very generic. "Intuitive" is when you can see that the word "business" or "bank" ,for example, in any language, would be highly valued. Of course much of this has to be left up to the buyer's need but we only deal with the type of names which strictly meet these criteria:

-Generics
-Brandables
-Acronyms
-Low numbers
-Short Geos
-Category Killers

By scanning any sales report in the current IDN markets, these are the ones that normally have value to the IDN domain buyer. The value of "Creative" IDNs may come in the future but certainly it is not yet a reality and unfortunately many people continue to register these speculatively and with hope only. Unfortunately, most domains in the dot com world are useless and the same holds true for the IDN markets. This is why IDN Pulse insists upon establishing "practical" value and auctioning those domains that would have definite value to a buyer,

Please let us know if you have any other concerns or questions or feedback. We are here to answer all your questions!

The IDNPulse Team

blastfromthepast
10th June 2010, 09:25 AM
really? does Секс.ru exist? I thought it wasnt allowed to reg IDN.ru. I know a few exsist from the beginning, I think Molvania has one.

Not any more. Used to have a nice collection of them. The Kremlin, however, got to keep theirs: http://кремль.ru/

DktoInc
10th June 2010, 04:10 PM
Hi There,

Thanks for the questions.

1) question about escrow.
2) question about idn.ru
3) premium

1) In the case where there is an IDN sale that is above what Paypal or miniescrow
can handle we have suggested escrow as an alternative. In our experience, higher sales should be done through escrow. This is up to the buyer and seller and is not part of the service that we offer. This is how the buyer and seller prefer it. As far as justifying 10% commission, for the service we offer this is quite a standard fee. If you look at a number of other auction sites, we have just taken a mean between 7 and 15%, and established what we thought was reasonable in our opinion. For the higher value domains, most buyers and sellers do not mind using escrow. We are providing the means for sellers and buyers to exchange a premium domain, much like any other auction site.

2) The reference to the domains in our logo or in our example list in no way implies that we are selling these domain names. These are ONLY EXAMPLES of IDNs and every buyer must do due diligence before purchasing along with our own diligence.

In fact, this is a futuristic logo and the names in the logo do not reflect past or current sales or even available domains. There are also other idns in our logo which are futuristic in nature. But thank-you, we will take it under advisement, if it becomes a confusion for multiple domainers. If it is a confusion and feedback from domainers reflects that, we will gladly change it.

3) For the seasoned domainer, it is pretty clear what constitutes a "premium" domain. Please read our Domain Submissions (http://www.idnpulse.com/submit-domains) page carefully to get in the right direction. In a nutshell, a domainer has to be dead honest about the practical value of what she or he has. Because of the relative infancy of the IDN market, we have outlined pretty clearly those domains that have intuitive value. Да.com becomes a "premium" because it is two character, has a dot com extension , has immediate meaning and frequency of use in Russian, is a high quality acronym for a company and is immediately brandable. Go to IDN Tools Sales Report (http://www.idntools.com/idnsales.php), scan the domains and you'll get the picture. These are all very generic. "Intuitive" is when you can see that the word "business" or "bank" ,for example, in any language, would be highly valued. Of course much of this has to be left up to the buyer's need but we only deal with the type of names which strictly meet these criteria:

-Generics
-Brandables
-Acronyms
-Low numbers
-Short Geos
-Category Killers

By scanning any sales report in the current IDN markets, these are the ones that normally have value to the IDN domain buyer. The value of "Creative" IDNs may come in the future but certainly it is not yet a reality and unfortunately many people continue to register these speculatively and with hope only. Unfortunately, most domains in the dot com world are useless and the same holds true for the IDN markets. This is why IDN Pulse insists upon establishing "practical" value and auctioning those domains that would have definite value to a buyer,

Please let us know if you have any other concerns or questions or feedback. We are here to answer all your questions!

The IDNPulse Team

Idnforums is free to sell, easy to sort through, and also no escrow. Why should the seller pay 10% and then pay escrow when he can sell for free here and if escrow is needed then ok 10% is pretty good for escrow, but not for final fees that has no escrow in it.
Then with the amount of native speakers always commenting on validity of domains in here, the buyer always can see what he is buying from the comments left. + the already built traffic and brand of this forum.

How are you trying to beat that? its hard to beat FREE.

emjohn
11th June 2010, 09:32 AM
Hi,

We are running a business and as you can see from past sales on forums, the quality is very much lacking and this has been decreasing over the years. IDNPulse.com is filling a need for a very particular niche and that is all. Like every other auction site IdnPulse is a business and you must understand that there is a quality issue when it comes to things that are "free". In terms of getting quality houses, cars, domains etc. there is nothing "free". The argument stated in the above post is fundamentally against business which seems somewhat absurd. Sedo, Godaddy, Moniker, AuctionPus and other sites or any businesses for that matter are not free. And why? They are ORGANIZATIONS and they offer goods and services and they must be compensated for that ie their time and effort! Basically it's just business school 101 or rather just common sense 101. Basically if a person can't afford to pay a commission, then they shouldn't be participating on that site or in that market. Therefore selling on a forum would probably be the better bet for them. Simply, if you can't afford to tip, then don't go to the restaurant.

Thanks for you input. If you have any other questions please let us know!

The Idn Pulse Team

bumblebee man
11th June 2010, 10:48 AM
Simply, if you can't afford to tip, then don't go to the restaurant.

If they are selling preserved food for twice the price one might not go there either. ;)

Good luck!

domainguru
11th June 2010, 10:53 AM
Just my 2 cents - the home page looks amazingly amateur. You've got to lose that background or integrate it better with the foreground. Its just not good enough for a modern site.

gmspitalio
11th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I would like to express my views regarding your website and business plan.

Website

1) For me first impressions are everything regarding a website, and by viewing idnpulse the impression is not satisfying. Design is bit old style, messy, unorganized and does not give me the sense that "Yes this is a website i like to explore".
You may have the most awesome back-end code that does amazing functions but the design is horrible and does not give me a sense of trust.

Check and compare your website with sedo, flippa. Those websites are much more organized, colourful and eye-catching. They give a much better impression for first time users.

2) Moreover do you use SSL, is your company paypal verified, do you use EU safe harbor? Where are the certificates ? How do you show to end-users that your website is trustworthy?

3) For me this project looks that it was rushed. If you really want to create an auction website you need to rethink the entire structure from scratch. Put your hands deep into your pockets and get professionals to do the website for you and try to get a resulting website that will be secure, organized, eye-catching and gives to the users a sense of security, trust and satisfaction. Visit sedo, afternic and get ideas.

Business Plan

Concept: The idea is not bad but not that great either.

Reasons:

1) What services do you provide to premium name owners that will make them use your website apart from just a low quality and badly designed auctioning website? What services do you offer when compared to other competitors such as IDNF, DNforum etc.

Other companies such as sedo offer brokerage, parking, promotion etc. Why dont you combine the website with an IDN parking program, or a very sophisticated IDN estimation tool.

2) Quote stated by IDN pulse: "the quality is very much lacking and this has been decreasing over the years. IDNPulse.com is filling a need for a very particular niche and that is all".

From my point of view there is lack of IDNs in general. so that by focusing on only premium idns your company drives away other prospective sellers/buyers that do not have high quality names. I would recommend making a system that will accept all domain names.

2) By reviewing your website i get the feeling that your company is all about "commission". 10% commision on IDN domain sales is not my ideal strategy regarding the website. I would go for low monthly membership fee for sellers (only) in the area of $10 to $30 max and focus a lot on getting revenue out of advertisements.

You focus too much on getting commission and you do not think outside the box. How are you going to attack prospective buyers? You need to think that sellers of domains are not always going to be the buyers. You need to spend a lot of time and money promoting your website and your auctions.

3) What security, legal bindings you provide to sellers/buyers in order for the transactions to be made smoothly and without any disputes?

4) How are you verifying the ownership of names, how do you handle disputes, do you take legal action against users ? I do not see anything.

5) Auctions for 48 hours?. If wanted to auction my premium names i would definitely need more than 48 hours. I would recommend going for at least 5 days per auction , 7 days being ideal duration.

At the current stage i would never use your website either as a buyer or a seller.

I could really go on and on and describe each aspect of your website and business concept in detail but i do not have the time. There is a gap for IDN auction websites but you need to rethink your business strategy and Website from scratch. Creating such a project is very demanding,. requires alot of work and money in order to get the best results. Don't focus on high returns from day 1 but take it slow. Get back on the drawing board and do the project again from scratch.

If you need any advice regarding business planning hit us up. I would be glad to help since i consider that there is a gap in the IDN auction market.

P.S: The above views are my own views and do not represent other members of IDNF.

Regards

George & Antonis

domainguru
11th June 2010, 11:56 AM
P.S: The above views are my own views and do not represent other members of IDNF.

Regards

George & Antonis

Actually, they pretty much represent my views but I couldn't be arsed to write a lot about the site. It doesn't deserve much attention. Its just a badly-coded frame of a sales site ;-)

emjohn
11th June 2010, 02:02 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the input, especially George and Antonis. Please take note that this is a very very small site and it was intended as a small pet project, nothing big. Selling 12 domains per week or month would be considered small in anyone's book. We were not looking to "corner" the idn market with a "sedo" type business model which is the type of business plan and website George and Antonis are suggesting. This was never intended to be something earth-shaking and most tiny auction sites are not. We wanted it to be more personalized than impersonal: plain but with a good logo. The submission guidelines were set out that way because too often do we have to sift through thousands of useless domains on other auction sites that people have priced wildly and we wanted to nip that in the bud. No offense to anyone's collection, but these are the facts.

There is a gap in the idn market as George and Antonis remarked and maybe this needs to be addressed and probably will be by the likes of Moniker or Sedo. That requires tremendous scope and breadth. The future for IDNs and auction sites for IDNs should be interesting.

For those who added constructive comments, thanks a lot, appreciate your professionalism.

DktoInc
11th June 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the input, especially George and Antonis. Please take note that this is a very very small site and it was intended as a small pet project, nothing big. Selling 12 domains per week or month would be considered small in anyone's book. We were not looking to "corner" the idn market with a "sedo" type business model which is the type of business plan and website George and Antonis are suggesting. This was never intended to be something earth-shaking and most tiny auction sites are not. We wanted it to be more personalized than impersonal: plain but with a good logo. The submission guidelines were set out that way because too often do we have to sift through thousands of useless domains on other auction sites that people have priced wildly and we wanted to nip that in the bud. No offense to anyone's collection, but these are the facts.

There is a gap in the idn market as George and Antonis remarked and maybe this needs to be addressed and probably will be by the likes of Moniker or Sedo. That requires tremendous scope and breadth. The future for IDNs and auction sites for IDNs should be interesting.

For those who added constructive comments, thanks a lot, appreciate your professionalism.

You are lacking an escrow service that sedo, moniker and the rest of the big boys have, that is why they charge a fee, and as a seller I don't mind paying, at least i know that I am paying for a service. Your site not only lacking an escrow service, but it is also lacking creativity. The stuff that will be coming out on the IDN market in the next little while, will eat what your business stands for. Creativity is your best friend here.

squirrel
11th June 2010, 11:36 PM
you may want to translate your website / UI as well.

good luck