PDA

View Full Version : Afganistan-nation to become one of the richest nations in the world???

DktoInc
14th June 2010, 04:34 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/100614/world/us_afghanistan_economy_minerals

Anyone speaks Pashto??? need some Afgan translations. ;)

Drewbert
14th June 2010, 07:45 PM
Let's hope if works out better for the peasants than South Africa's mineral wealth share scheme.

But I won't be holding my breath.

Rubber Duck
14th June 2010, 08:38 PM
Let's hope if works out better for the peasants than South Africa's mineral wealth share scheme.

But I won't be holding my breath.

So that is why the Americans are so keen!:rolleyes:

DktoInc
14th June 2010, 08:48 PM
There is a fat bureaucrat somewhere out there who just lost 10kg from jumping of joy.
The only equipment Afganistan has is hands, and that is used to collect opium not gold and minerals.
George Bush must be looking in the mirror right now thinking of his next book called "Genius".

alexd
14th June 2010, 09:01 PM
George Bush must be looking in the mirror right now thinking of his next book called "Genius".

I have a few other names for that guy and "genius" is not near the top of my list !!

Rubber Duck
14th June 2010, 09:16 PM
I have a few other names for that guy and "genius" is not near the top of my list !!

Compared with what has followed he was an intellectual giant!

Drewbert
14th June 2010, 09:20 PM
$10 says someone associated with Halliburton bought the perpetual mining rights a few years back.

phio
14th June 2010, 09:22 PM
NASA probably had the minerals in their sites circa 1980, no wonder the yanks wanted to keep the ruskies out.

Rubber Duck
15th June 2010, 04:53 AM
NASA probably had the minerals in their sites circa 1980, no wonder the yanks wanted to keep the ruskies out.

Yeah, but 30 years ago they had manufacturing industry that could actually use they king of thing. Now they are more interested in ground beef and latex for the rubber band flipping industry. I am not sure how many precious metal go into paper clip chains?

touchring
15th June 2010, 05:21 AM
rubber band flipping

wtf is that?