PDA

View Full Version : What IDNers Would Like To See In An Auction Site...

emjohn
27th June 2010, 08:08 AM
Hi All,

I am wondering what IDNers would like to see in an auction site that is just dedicated to IDNs. We are coming up with a new website and are interested in what everybody's ideas are. thanks!

http://www.IDNPulse.com

Rubber Duck
27th June 2010, 08:37 AM
Sales?

emjohn
27th June 2010, 08:42 AM
LOL...me too.

Of course I mean the format...

Clotho
27th June 2010, 10:58 AM
It needs to be accessible in multiple languages so that native users can make purchases. Marketing to English speaking customers only means your pretty much missing the whole point to IDN's.

Drewbert
27th June 2010, 06:12 PM
It needs to be accessible in multiple languages so that native users can make purchases. Marketing to English speaking customers only means your pretty much missing the whole point to IDN's.

What he said. ^2

sarcle
27th June 2010, 06:36 PM
Hi All,

I am wondering what IDNers would like to see in an auction site that is just dedicated to IDNs.

boobs

Drewbert
28th June 2010, 01:01 AM
boobs

What he said. ^2

jose
28th June 2010, 02:58 AM
Buyers and the site owner spending big dollars on an on-line campaign to promote idn visibility. If not possible, boobs: Oranges, Lemons, Grape Fruit, Pears, Sweet Potatoes, Pointers, Under Chinners, Ballons, Coat Hooks or Block Busters. (http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8052/breastsch9.gif)

Avtal
28th June 2010, 05:26 AM

Exactly.

Ideally, the word "IDN" wouldn't even appear on the site. There would be an auction site in Russian where Russians could bid on Russian domains, a site in Chinese where Chinese speakers could bid on Chinese domains, etc.

But it may be a couple of years before an auction site like this would make any money. The end users are still not aware of what is coming.

Avtal

tee1
28th June 2010, 12:27 PM
boobs
What he said. ^2

+3 :D

Sales either to End Users or sales to native domainers.

htmlindex
29th June 2010, 12:22 PM
boobs

+4

BIG boobs :lol:

DktoInc
29th June 2010, 11:19 PM
its a hint. :eek:

RJKDomains
30th June 2010, 03:44 AM
1. Localized language interface.

2. Many categories

3. Searchable

4. Can manage escrows

5. Cheap escrows

6. Reasonable commissions.

7. Easy linking to auctions (short URLs)

8. Integration with paypal and alertpay

I also should point out, having localized IDNs arent necessary. Just make individual language pages. You might want to also contact afternic to be a partner to get more traffic and customers. It would be a huge benefit for you site.

blastfromthepast
2nd July 2010, 07:08 PM
1. Five figure prices prices for low quality domains.
2. Seven figure prices for high quality domains.