PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive "Shaving"?

Rockruler
29th June 2010, 11:59 PM
I recently opened an account at ND to try it out with some of my mainly English domains. I just noticed today, after having about five really good days of revenue, that ND suddenly cut my revenue in half! I also noticed that a lot of my click-throughs have also been adjusted!

Has anyone else noticed this with their account? I'm ready to go back to Sedo, with this PPC shaving going on I have no reason to leave my names at ND.

This is really frustrating. Any good answer for this ND?? :mad:

jose
30th June 2010, 01:56 AM
Already discussed here. First they show "expected" revenue, then later, the "real" one. The more spam you have the more "shaving" you will get.

Rockruler
30th June 2010, 02:07 AM
I can maybe understand the amount of clicks as potential spam... but the PPC dropping by at least 70% per click? How do they justify that? Started off as $0.11/click ended up as $0.02/click... not cool. Bye-bye ND.

Avtal
30th June 2010, 04:34 AM
I can maybe understand the amount of clicks as potential spam... but the PPC dropping by at least 70% per click? How do they justify that? Started off as $0.11/click ended up as $0.02/click... not cool. Bye-bye ND.

Before saying good-bye, you might want to look at this entry in the NameDrive FAQs: http://www.namedrive.com/faq/Browse?lang=en&catid=3#q24

It explains how $0.11 turns into $0.02.

Avtal

blastfromthepast
30th June 2010, 04:36 AM
If you read posts on forums, this seems to happened with all parking companies these days. Why? Because Google, which has a monopoly on the ads, decides everything.

Wot
30th June 2010, 10:19 AM
If you read posts on forums, this seems to happened with all parking companies these days. Why? Because Google, which has a monopoly on the ads, decides everything.

I have tried a few ascii with "adsense for domains" I think they are getting shaved as well. :yes: :no:

Rockruler
30th June 2010, 01:40 PM
This just furthers the argument for development. I'm surprised there are as many parking companies around, given the fact that they're all basically the same... why bother testing your domains across various companies anyway?

domainguru
30th June 2010, 01:52 PM
This just furthers the argument for development. I'm surprised there are as many parking companies around, given the fact that they're all basically the same... why bother testing your domains across various companies anyway?

Indeed.