PDA

View Full Version : IDN sales @ DomainerIncome

squirrel
1st July 2010, 03:17 AM
DomainerIncome.com tracks sales, including IDNs, accross various platforms. Actually, there's a page and submenu tab dedicated to IDNs. Nice feature

This week, résilier.com and kräutershop.de sold for 1,200 Euros and 1,500 Euros respectively.

PS: The site's UI is a pain, can't cut and paste..

jose
1st July 2010, 03:32 AM
Can't believe this. I have been coding for months now a very similar tool...

squirrel
1st July 2010, 03:37 AM
well make it cut and paste friendly and you'll take over the market

jose
1st July 2010, 03:51 AM
well make it cut and paste friendly and you'll take over the market

It's not a subscription service, the idea is to give almost full control from users to the data, its a script you run local or on your server. No one will datamine your domains, sites and researches.

squirrel
1st July 2010, 04:08 AM
Looks like a good idea.

Have you been playing with Internet Profile Services ?

jose
1st July 2010, 04:25 AM
Looks like a good idea.

Have you been playing with Internet Profile Services ?

Yes, Dynadot has all that data available for a long time now and I have coded a simple tool to import it to my expired idn list, a couple of months ago. To be honest I don't find it as useful as I initially thought. The problem is that a good figure from a natural type-in in a good keyword gets buried by all the developed sites that got traffic figures. I had an idea on using the data to find a way to separate one from the other, but its still on my 2do list.

squirrel
1st July 2010, 04:39 AM
I've had a look at the data too. As you said, it's not very useful as it is right now.

jose
13th July 2010, 06:11 PM
Is Eliot talking about DomainerIncome?

http://www.elliotsblog.com/beware-of-free-account-offers-2394

squirrel
13th July 2010, 06:25 PM
Probably not, I'm pretty sure that Elliot has at least a clue of who Simon Johnson is.

The company was started by someone I don’t know nor have heard of

simon
14th July 2010, 02:03 PM
No it wasn't from me and Elliot clarified that later on his blog.

The Domainer Income UI was made that way, to prevent certain companies from ripping off our data. :-) However I am looking a few ways to make it easier for our users to reproduce / quote things directly.

Happy to listen to any feedback you guys have. I'd like to promote IDN's a lot more as they are certainly undervalued.

Elliot
14th July 2010, 02:06 PM
Is Eliot talking about DomainerIncome?

http://www.elliotsblog.com/beware-of-free-account-offers-2394

Hey guys... just got my account approved today and wanted to post this yesterday.

My article was to serve as a reminder for people to keep in mind whenever they sign up for any account at any company, the company can and will have access to the data that's given by the customer.

My article was NOT in reference to Domainer Income, and I have heard of Simon.

What spurred my post was a new service from someone I hadn't heard of before. Of course there is a chance all is legit with that person/company, which is why I didn't post a name or the particular service that was offered, especially since my post was more general than specific.

Even assuming all is legit with the new company, it's important to remember that everyone will have data you give them, and if the person happens to be a competitor, you could be giving away your valuable info :)

jose
14th July 2010, 05:31 PM
Welcome to IDNF Simon and Elliot!

I am sorry for the mix-up, it was just a fair question. Great to know its all cleared out now.

On the other end, I am glad my simple comment brought on board such prominent members of the domainers community! :)