PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we personally block advertisers?

sarcle
10th July 2010, 01:37 AM
So it's 2010.

Domains have been monetized for some time now. Why don't I have an easy option to find out which advertisers are getting the most clicks and what they are personally paying me on my domains for those clicks? I would think that this would be a fairly easy option to add to parking.

Not only would this allow me to find out who is abusing a parked domain name that is popular and block them of they are paying to little or what may be a tm issue that I don't know about otherwise. Or hold out for higher rates. All of which would benefit both the parking company and the domain holder. But these 2 cent clicks are fucking worthless. I'd rather be paid nothing. If there is traffic to a domain and a company is benefiting they will pay to keep that traffic.

Sorry for the rant. Just tired of seeing 200 clicks a day for a domain and getting 2 cents for each click. This is some bullshit. We should have total control over a OUR domains.

http://namedrive.com
http://sedo.com (BTW FUCK YOU AND YOUR SHITTY IDN SUPPORT)

I put the links there in hope that maybe you'll click them and maybe they'll read this.

blastfromthepast
10th July 2010, 06:29 AM
Clicked.

sarcle
12th July 2010, 01:34 AM
Clicked.

Thanks Blast. You know, I just saw a jump from .02 cents to .04 cents average for that domain within the last two days. Kind of weird how that works.

Now if I could only audit their records to see just how bad they've been screwing me for the last few years. Transparency is the only way we can trust them. Period.

All I know is if there is some business in a city in Asia that uses this generic term for selling a product and a competitor uses regional adversiting that targets a specific domain that I can't account for, because I have no idea, to get traffic and I get wipoed and I lose my domain. You know who I'm suing for loss of my domain.

There is no reason why we should not be able to block advertisers for each specific domain.

squirrel
12th July 2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks Blast. You know, I just saw a jump from .02 cents to .04 cents average for that domain within the last two days. Kind of weird how that works.

Now if I could only audit their records to see just how bad they've been screwing me for the last few years. Transparency is the only way we can trust them. Period.

All I know is if there is some business in a city in Asia that uses this generic term for selling a product and a competitor uses regional adversiting that targets a specific domain that I can't account for, because I have no idea, to get traffic and I get wipoed and I lose my domain. You know who I'm suing for loss of my domain.

There is no reason why we should not be able to block advertisers for each specific domain.

pr0n networks allow publisher to block certain advertisers. It may become mainstream one day...

Another incentive to develop and broker ad spots yourself

sarcle
12th July 2010, 03:07 AM
pr0n networks allow publisher to block certain advertisers. It may become mainstream one day...

This one isn't a pr0n domain. I guess it could be depending on how perverse you are. ;)

It has to become mainstream. IDN are the "next" big thing. If the same mistakes are made with IDN the same as ASCII, well I don't think it's paroniod why we won't see the same things happen. Wipo for advertising we can't control. And parking companies that aren't willing to do anything about it.

I can block websites via adsense. So why can't I via namedrive or another parking company? It doesn't make any sense.

Another incentive to develop and broker ad spots yourself

Agreed. But when you are trying to develop 1000+ domains it's a little hard to do all at once when you have to budget after getting two cents a click. :yes: