PDA

View Full Version : Firefox joins Microsoft in uncool kids class

Drewbert
17th July 2010, 03:51 AM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/16/browser_wars/

rhys
17th July 2010, 05:03 PM
puff piece by someone who clearly has a stake in the game if you read his bio. lacking in data (market share in one random technical school somewhere?) and even wrong on the basics of ms r&d and where it derives its revenue today. he isn't wrong about the importance of windows or office to MS business; he isn't wrong about the competitive threat that google poses long term to MS and the need to respond to that. he wrote this "article" because he was paid to write this with this slant to it - his paycheck depends on it.

Rubber Duck
17th July 2010, 07:48 PM
puff piece by someone who clearly has a stake in the game if you read his bio. lacking in data (market share in one random technical school somewhere?) and even wrong on the basics of ms r&d and where it derives its revenue today. he isn't wrong about the importance of windows or office to MS business; he isn't wrong about the competitive threat that google poses long term to MS and the need to respond to that. he wrote this "article" because he was paid to write this with this slant to it - his paycheck depends on it.

Well, if I type more than a couple of words here I get crashed out. Indeed, I get crashed out of Windows 7 very regular. You have to go way back to the 90's to get an operating system as unstable as this. Why did I get it. Well BT won't support open source on it HUB even though the Hub itself relies on open-source, so for the time being we are bloody stuck with it.